Worth hot dots 52/300

Is it me or are these balls horrible? Switched to these in league from the Demar stones, and they just don't seem to fly off the bat like the stones. Anybody?

Last edited:

DemarDC

Banned User
They fly just have to cut them right. Squaring them up doesn't hit them as far as the 44 375. Or are you just talking about the worth hot for vs other 52/300

Just in general. I don't like them so far. I'm wondering if the leagues have gone cheapo on us? Just seems like I can't get any solid shots on these lately. Played today and nobody was really getting any good shots off them.

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
There are worse 52/300 our there than the worth hot dot. Demar stones I have played a tourney once with them and felt the same as the hot dot to me. If you cut the ball just right these balls will fly. Need to get really good backspin.

Dudley sy's? Can't remember what model. But damn they were horrible. Did not make it through 2 innings and both teams on the field were complaining. It was like hitting an incredball. You hit it and it turned into an egg shaped turd

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Hot dots do fly when hit right as stated above.. i haven't hit the stones but imo just the feel in hand is very different (stones feel harder), also as stated above dudley thunder sy are crap!

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah bro... I would take the hot dots over the dudley sy... But like others have said, you gotta cut them... All I use in BP are 52's... you just got to get use to them....

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a very noticeable difference between the two covers on Worth Hot Dots as well. Which are you hitting?

6040adam

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't hit stones, tattoos suck, but I personally love hot dots. Juggy absolutely kills em.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
We hit hot dots all year here. They fly fine for us. There are better balls out there, but they are not the worst.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
compared to the grey dots we used before, i think they are AWESOME, haha. they fly well when it's cold, but they fly amazing(compared to the grey dots that turn to socks) in the heat. basically they perform about the same regardless of the temperature, which is really nice, imo

Hiltz

Built for comfort
compared to the grey dots we used before, i think they are AWESOME, haha. they fly well when it's cold, but they fly amazing(compared to the grey dots that turn to socks) in the heat. basically they perform about the same regardless of the temperature, which is really nice, imo

^^^ This! Hot Dots were a godsend to Canadian players. Not only were the Gray Dots terrible in the dead of summer, they were terrifying in cold early spring/fall games. Might as well have been Blue Dots. I saw more than a few Recoils and Flexes cracked by them.

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans

^^^^^ agreed!!

Love the Worth hot dot, holds up well in the heat and it makes hitters be hitters vs the harder balls that anyone can hit 300+

Also, the are light and easier on the arm to throw

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Also, the are light and easier on the arm to throw

I said that when we switched and people thought I was crazy!

I play third-base and 4-5 hard throws with the Gray Dots would have my arm throbbing, weekend tourney with the Hot Dots=no issues.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Let me take a look I have a few in my bag.

There's a very noticeable difference between the two covers on Worth Hot Dots as well. Which are you hitting?

^^This.. hot dot i'm pretty sure are leather cover and have also noticed the tear very easy, sy (JUNK) are synthetic cover, zn if i am not mistaken are composite leather which of the three are imo better.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^This.. hot dot i'm pretty sure are leather cover and have also noticed the tear very easy, sy (JUNK) are synthetic cover, zn if i am not mistaken are composite leather which of the three are imo better.

In the past, you could get a Hot Dot with a synthetic cover or a Composite/Leather cover. The Comp/Leather flew very well, and the synthetic covers sucked like the SYs.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
In the past, you could get a Hot Dot with a synthetic cover or a Composite/Leather cover. The Comp/Leather flew very well, and the synthetic covers sucked like the SYs.

The ones I have are ProTrac covers which IMO is the worst there are. None of the Worth balls with ProTrac covers won't work in my WD.

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The ones I have are ProTrac covers which IMO is the worst there are. None of the Worth balls with ProTrac covers will work in my WD.

I can't keep the stupid Worth nicknames straight. I can't remember if the Pro Tacs or the Sycos are the good ones. I feel like we had leather covers the very first year people started using the +'s, but I haven't been able to see them for sale anywhere since so I assume I was mistaken.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, Pro Tacs are the bad ones. Sycos are a little better. I see some Pro Comps now which should be better than Pro Tacs, but I don't know if they're better than the Sycos or not.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
The only Leather covered I have come across is DeMarini Stone, Evil and Trump.

I think the big problem is that leagues don't want to pay the Extra 14-15.00 a doz for the leather covered balls.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I keep reading comments like these and get confused.

Hit it square like I would in fast pitch or hardball, it dies out but on a good trajectory.

Try to cut more underneath and spin (I get it, I am a golfer) but they balloon up and fall at the warning track.

So what gives?

FWIW the Hot Dot sucks, but it is the equalizer to the way the bats are going so I deal with it. I have hit better more durable 52/300 or 52/275 type of balls though.

They fly just have to cut them right. Squaring them up doesn't hit them as far as the 44 375. Or are you just talking about the worth hot for vs other 52/300

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I keep reading comments like these and get confused.

Hit it square like I would in fast pitch or hardball, it dies out but on a good trajectory.

Try to cut more underneath and spin (I get it, I am a golfer) but they balloon up and fall at the warning track.

So what gives?

FWIW the Hot Dot sucks, but it is the equalizer to the way the bats are going so I deal with it. I have hit better more durable 52/300 or 52/275 type of balls though.

The backspin makes them rise so you have to adjust. If you try and hit them as high as a squared up 44/375, the backspin will probably float it too high and not go out unless you're a real masher. You'll want to try and hit it on a line with backspin.

belly43

Bored without softball
The Dudley hycon zn flies. We were in an unlimited hr tourney this past weekend and seen quite a few balls go over 400ft and a few miss hit were getting out.