worth jh mutant 98 or miken recoil?

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
ok i'm forking over the cash for one of these bats, i'm sick of using so-so bats. which one has a softer feel n has awesome distance? don't want anyone posting crap about flex's n extended's-just don't like eastons.

snakeyes711

Addicted to Softballfans
Go with the JH. Minimal flex. Large sweet spot. Lots of pop.;) get a 26.5 they swing way heavy. Oh also I've had mine since 08' and they last. K have probably 2K hits on mine.

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
Go with the JH. Minimal flex. Large sweet spot. Lots of pop.;) get a 26.5 they swing way heavy. Oh also I've had mine since 08' and they last. K have probably 2K hits on mine.

i see you have a toxic in your bag, i also have this bat, its decent. is the jeff hall like night n day compared to it?

JJK13

Addicted to Softballfans
I was all about the Recoils until I swung a Mutant. Now I've sold all my Recoils and own 3 Mutants. Normally I don't like two piece bats, but Mutants are flat out sick.

rogers_rays

Addicted to Softballfans
Owned both and Mutant is by far superior I have a 26.5 NIW thats my back up but my gammer is a beast LMK I will sell it for the right price...

massn8v

Addicted to Softballfans
First of all, you can't go wrong with either one. I have owned both and the Mutant is by far the better bat. In the past I have tried other two piece bats and not liked them. The Mutant doesn't seem to have as much lag or whip as other two piece bats. It also seemed to be hotter out of the wrapper and stay hotter the life of the bat. In my opinion, this will go down as one of the best bats ever produced.

sophat34

<font color="blue">Bat bringer...</font>
Between the two the jhmut has the softer feel, recoils are very stiff. I couldnt get used to the recoil so I traded it. I have three 27.5 jhmut98 2 niw. I dont think my gamer will ever break... things are a tank. Both good bats though comes down to feel and price, i think the recoils are a fair bit cheaper than the mut.

GZ-JT

Addicted to Softballfans
How can you not like Easton's? Line up a few bats and have someone put one in your hands while in the batters box. Don't look at it, just swing it. The OG Flex will out hit all of your other bats by far. My longest HR's have come off of a Flex. I even swing it in Utrip sometimes.
That's why they are selling for $400 all day long. Take two crappy bats and sell them for one good one....

jstrong

They love to hate me
My Recoil is opening up and hitting very well. Never swung a mutjh but dont think you'll be upset with the Miken's performance.

lawhead18

Addicted to Softballfans
jhmut for sure.. now the og black one is hot..but not as hot as the red+yellow...either one is way hotter then a recoil though!

have owned three recoils and one jh mutant...i'd trade all three to get my mutant back! i still swing my 28oz recoil though.

my post doesn't even matter but go for the mutant everyone has already said so. I can't say anymore than everyone else!!! the mutant is by far better.

master batter

Addicted to Softballfans
Both bats have great distance. The recoil is a log at first and takes some time to break in but, once it does the sweet spot opens up nice. I think the JH Mutant 98 will open up faster and have a softer feel to it.

Kramit

Mutant is a sick bat and it has a soft feel. miken is stiffer (lol) than most. either way the distance is going to be about the same once they are broken in

C-Diddy

Addicted to Softballfans
Unless you have the time to take about 1000 bp swings or you roll it ,on the recoil it's gonna be awhile before it is even gonna perform well, mine is 3 seasons and about 30 bp sessions old and has only been performing for the last few months. I loved my black mutant until a teammate decided to hit a ball off the collar and the collar broke off and the ump's stopped lettin me swing it.

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
How can you not like Easton's? Line up a few bats and have someone put one in your hands while in the batters box. Don't look at it, just swing it. The OG Flex will out hit all of your other bats by far. My longest HR's have come off of a Flex. I even swing it in Utrip sometimes.
That's why they are selling for $400 all day long. Take two crappy bats and sell them for one good one....

I've swung an 05 extended with about 700 hits on it n 06 flex that was new/rolled, just didn't like um..i've hit both in bp a few times, the only easton i can say that i liked was the scn9 fully broke in that bat was nice...i just been hitting miken n worth in games the last few years...n have heard awesome things about the mutant n the recoils so just wanted a few thoughs by ppl.

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks for everyones responses i just bought a niw jhmutant n got a combat sb98 on order just for ****s,,,,i sold my miken nrg to one of my teammates n am looking for someone to buy my minty toxic prolly gonna throw it on the bay unless someone wants it....thanks again!!!

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans

Eastons don't fit everyone's swing. I didn't particularly like my SCN8, don't like the SCN3 or SCX3 either. Only ones I bother with anymore are the SCN5 and SCN9.

And no stock Flex outhits every other ASA bat "by far". An SCN3 has like 5' on a broken in Anti-Virus. They're "worth" $400 because a ton of softball guys want to buy the absolute best, whether or not it actually makes them any better.

jhmut for sure.. now the og black one is hot..but not as hot as the red+yellow...either one is way hotter then a recoil though!

You're obviously either A) one of those guys who's only hit one of the two he's talking about or B) the guy who has a bat that fits his swing and thinks that makes for absolute truth.

thanks for everyones responses i just bought a niw jhmutant n got a combat sb98 on order just for ****s,,,,i sold my miken nrg to one of my teammates n am looking for someone to buy my minty toxic prolly gonna throw it on the bay unless someone wants it....thanks again!!!

You thought an NRG 500 was a so-so bat? One of two things is true then...either you hadn't worked in your NRG, or you're going to be sorely disappointed by the Mutant. The Mutant is a great bat, but it's not going to stand head and shoulders above the NRG...and honestly, few bats will.

If you were just looking for a softer barrel, though, then you've done well. The Mutant is much softer feeling than the Recoil or NRG.

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
i thought my nrg was average because i could hit my teammates demarini evo the KUS version at that a heck of alot farther then the nrg...i bought the miken used tho n i would say it was close to broken when i got it, my whole team used it for 2 years, i could never hit many long balls with it, it was a little heavy for me tho so that could've been most of my problem...n don't try n call me out on hitting different bats because i played on my team for 3 yrs with different guys coming n going n quite a few different tournament teams, trust i've swung pretty much everything besides a red mutant,recoil,or av...

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
n don't try n call me out on hitting different bats because i played on my team for 3 yrs with different guys coming n going n quite a few different tournament teams, trust i've swung pretty much everything besides a red mutant,recoil,or av...

You might need to lrn2forum. The part of my multi-quote you're referencing is clearly directed at someone else.

jstrong

They love to hate me
Both are good bats. If the ASA Recoil is anything like the Utrip one I'd say Recoil because mine is filthy.