Worth pull it together! Focus on product performance not paint jobs!

TheShowdown

Addicted to Softballfans
Worth has got some ok bats and I hate to say it but ALL. Let me repeat that ALL new standard Worths are the same. Only difference on these bats is the paint job, balanced or endloaded. I've been a diehard Worth fan for 7 years but the new bat standards threw Worth and Miken for a loop I'm sure their development team is trying new things and pushing the limits but Easton is winning the race in performance at the moment . Maybe within the next year Worth will rise from the ash and focus on performance instead of marketing graphics and paint jobs. I love Worth and will always hold them close to my heart but I've been disappointed as of here lately.

Joker

from what i've heard that new ASA mutant has a thinner handle, but its just a new paint job right?

TheShowdown

Addicted to Softballfans
from what i've heard that new ASA mutant has a thinner handle, but its just a new paint job right?
The mutant does have a thinner handle but the DNA of the barrel is the same as the utrip bats. With the .52 300 being the official ASA ball it allowed the limits of Asa bat standards to be pushed higher.

Johnny T

ADD & OCD on SBF
The mutant does have a thinner handle but the DNA of the barrel is the same as the utrip bats. With the .52 300 being the official ASA ball it allowed the limits of Asa bat standards to be pushed higher.

Really? Interesting. I was thinking of picking one up. How do they compare to the Asa z2k? Or do ya know?

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
they'll get it right and make a comeback. easton and LS were bottom of hte pack for utrip sticks for a few years and now they're on top. its a never ending circle. circle of life.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^^agree 100%. Over time it's always gone back and forth over the 25 years I have been playing. It seems like only yesterday that I took the wrapper off my first year just released utrip end load Z1000, the blue and black one at a tourney in Colorado and guys were joking on me for swinging a TPS....the jokes stopped very soon :D

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I pretty much gave up on Worth. I iked most of what they had up until the first 454's. After that they seemed to go down hill. Though the newer 454 mutant I swung was decent.

honda3005

Addicted to Softballfans
I took mine out of the wrapper and almost every night I have used it the other team swore it was shaved. I think about 10 ppl bought one after they saw the performance. I have both the z and the new s2 and it out hits them with a bigger sweet spot. The only bad thing about it is being only asa. Once you see more of these being used they will be selling out I'm guessing. This and the triad are bats that I can't swing enough. The mutant swings very very balanced and the triad has some endload. Great bats!

Johnny T

ADD & OCD on SBF
I took mine out of the wrapper and almost every night I have used it the other team swore it was shaved. I think about 10 ppl bought one after they saw the performance. I have both the z and the new s2 and it out hits them with a bigger sweet spot. The only bad thing about it is being only asa. Once you see more of these being used they will be selling out I'm guessing. This and the triad are bats that I can't swing enough. The mutant swings very very balanced and the triad has some endload. Great bats!

^^^Nice. what type of balls were u hitting? I'm probably gonna buy a 27oz, but waiting on a good price & recovering from surgery. :)

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
I was die hard worth,
had 3 different 454's and 3 duo's and 2 bj fulks.

As you can see lately, I swing what performs. Worth just isn't it for utrip this year.

Yea no kidding I have the new mayhem xl for asa. Its a nice bat with a good endload and swung like a champ till it broke lol. I wanna say at maybe 400 hits. I personally blame tha matte white finish but hey guess we won't know till I get my hands on another. I also swing the 454 toxic and haven't had a problem with that one can go 300+ all day I'm pretty sure the new 454 line should be bttr.

FLETCH75

Addicted to Softballfans
Just picked up the New 2014 ASA Mutant Myself. Owned the 2013 Mutants as well. Can't wait to put a comparison up on the bats

dmac44

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been tired of the "prison house tattoo" bat design after about the first 5 minutes I saw it. Whoever is in charge of design needs to be "let go"... And I'm a worth guy!

67Special

Coach
i guess you guys haven't swung the 2013 wse and making a bold claim but will hit just as good as a z2k if not better after i get more than 100 hits on it.

ScootDog

Rather be surfing
I put 1 swing on a friend's new 454 ASA Mutant and hit a DBO. Bat is super balanced and felt really light. It's stupid hot and makes me want one, but being ASA only I probably won't get one 'cuz I am stocked on ASA bats now.

T Ripp

<font color="gray">GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER</font>
I have swung the new Easton's and the TPS Z2K and hands down I'll take the Z2K over the new Easton line any day!!!

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
The St. Louis area was very much a Worth swinging town. It was amazing to see how many guys put down their Worth this year.

And it's not just Easton that is ahead of Worth/Miken. I'd put TPS, Mizuno, and Demarini ahead of them with the new U-trip standards. They've been behind in ASA since they changed their standards. They've been repainting bats for too long and have fallen behind the pack.

Joker

Nothing other then I would take it over any of the Worths out right now also... My fault forgot to add that in there also...

The St. Louis area was very much a Worth swinging town. It was amazing to see how many guys put down their Worth this year.

And it's not just Easton that is ahead of Worth/Miken. I'd put TPS, Mizuno, and Demarini ahead of them with the new U-trip standards. They've been behind in ASA since they changed their standards. They've been repainting bats for too long and have fallen behind the pack.

fact. i do think you'll see most of the bat makers close the gap with the new ASA testing though

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
fact. i do think you'll see most of the bat makers close the gap with the new ASA testing though

You may be right about that, but we'll have to see. They just seem to have lost a little since Jarden bought them.

T Ripp

<font color="gray">GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER</font>

That's all good and everything but ASA doesn't make up as big of the market as they used to... Utrip is bigger then almost all then NSA and now up and coming GSL.. I think the fact that ASA has upped their standards wil help.. But I hit with a friends Z2K at bp the other day loved the heavy EL and was crushing with it after that didn't pick my WSE back up... Was hitting further harder and better exit speed off the Z which was new out the wrapper vs the WSE which had 300 more hits on it..