Worth Super Gray Dots

Lynn

Addicted to Softballfans
Our league has recently started providing balls. They are using a Worth Optic Super Gray Dot 40/400. Our games have turned into low scoring defensive games. My question is what style player or league are these type of balls geared toward?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
This was the official SPN (Canadian org.) ball up until a few years ago, and what we used locally. Absolutely terrible. Bat/skull breaker in the spring and fall, bag of socks in the dead of summer.

We didn't get the usual complaints from batters here when we switched to 52/275's. They're actually better to hit during a hot, humid summer.

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans
This was the official SPN (Canadian org.) ball up until a few years ago, and what we used locally. Absolutely terrible. Bat/skull breaker in the spring and fall, bag of socks in the dead of summer.

We didn't get the usual complaints from batters here when we switched to 52/275's. They're actually better to hit during a hot, humid summer.

this pretty much sums it up

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
Grey dots cant be worse then Hot Dot 52/300? Ive never hit a grey dot I dont think....but 40/400s fly.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Grey dots cant be worse then Hot Dot 52/300? Ive never hit a grey dot I dont think....but 40/400s fly.

On a cool Michigan evening, there's a lot of fun to be had hitting 40/400's.

When it's 30*C with 100% relative humidity, they're worse than Hot Dots.

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Hiltz.

40 or 44/400 I assumed at all times they would be better then the 52s. Learn something new everyday.

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
I've always found Grey Dots in the cold will go egg shaped really fast. Not the most durable ball.