Worth Utrip vs. Worth ASA - need some advice

roaddrew

Addicted to Softballfans
A quick question for those who have swung tons of Worth sticks. I owned the M75120 and JH Titan and both were ok. I owned the 09 ressy (rip), WSE (rip) and the first xl and really liked all 3. My favorite bat of all time is the 2011 ressy. I definately prefer some end load and both the stiff taper and barrell of most utrip Worths. Why can't I find an ASA Worth that I like at all. The M798 and M7598 are ok. I hated the ASA ressy. Any suggestions either Worth or Otherwise.

doughnut13666

Addicted to Softballfans
How about a Filthy, or MUTJHA? The Filthy is a "mid load" and the mutant is a end load. Mutant is better than the Filthy, but the filthy can be had at a better price. I also like the 2010 toxic, which feels like an end load but is a "balanced" bat.

roaddrew

Addicted to Softballfans
Filthy was better than the ASA ressy for some reason but both felt like lead pipes. I can't swing a 2 piece so while I am sure the ASA mutant is good is does not work for me. I hit a newer toxic and was unimpressed with the pop but I might have to find a broken in one to try. Might have to stick with my SRV4 which is nice but has a little taper flex I could do without. Also considering trying a 2012 EL ASA z1000. I know its a 2 piece but I have been told it feels like a 1 piece.

deathbysoftball

"WINNING!!!!!!!"
All the new stuff is going to need a ton of break in and will never get as hot as the pre abi bats. You just have to know that going in.... I like the og may98 and m7598 for asa... I just picked up and couple new asa worths to check out and see how they perform. But not very many post abi bats are going to blow your sox off right away.

Joker

All the new stuff is going to need a ton of break in and will never get as hot as the pre abi bats. You just have to know that going in.... I like the og may98 and m7598 for asa... I just picked up and couple new asa worths to check out and see how they perform. But not very many post abi bats are going to blow your sox off right away.

most of the new bats are hot out of the wrapper

roaddrew

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep. It was ok. I have hit ~10-15 different ASA bats and so far the SRV4 and M7598 are probably my favorites. I think I may try the new 2012 ASA XL or 2012 ASA EL Z1000.

usarmyff

Addicted to Softballfans
IMO. the utrip and asa XL has the same feel and asa verison was fast to break so i like it as a asa scud launcher.

cordo22

Addicted to Softballfans
you gotta try the worth SBMDTA for ASA. you wont be disappointed.

my SBMDTA took about 15-20 cuts to get ready. still hitting piss missiles

Last edited: