Wow, my swing went to hell

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
Last season I tore my labral in my right shoulder and played through the pain (didn't have to throw much as catcher) and had my worst season by far. Went through physical therapy and it feels fine now, but I'm still hitting like ****.

Finally had time to take a good amount of BP and shot some video. Apparently I picked up a lot of bad habits in the last year:

1. Stepping with my foot open, pointing at the pitcher which is preventing me from generating power from my hips.
2. Swinging late. I'm not hitting it out in front enough.
3. My back elbow is WAY too high. Looks like I reverted to a baseball swing.
4. I'm not bringing my hands back enough.

It's so bad that I'm not even going to post the video. But watching your swing on video is definitely a big help.

Obviously 2,3,4 are very easy to fix.
I've had a problem with the 1st issue for a long time.
Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

House00

Slingin' lead!
Last season I tore my labral in my right shoulder and played through the pain (didn't have to throw much as catcher) and had my worst season by far. Went through physical therapy and it feels fine now, but I'm still hitting like ****.

Finally had time to take a good amount of BP and shot some video. Apparently I picked up a lot of bad habits in the last year:

1. Stepping with my foot open, pointing at the pitcher which is preventing me from generating power from my hips.
2. Swinging late. I'm not hitting it out in front enough.
3. My back elbow is WAY too high. Looks like I reverted to a baseball swing.
4. I'm not bringing my hands back enough.

It's so bad that I'm not even going to post the video. But watching your swing on video is definitely a big help.

Obviously 2,3,4 are very easy to fix.
I've had a problem with the 1st issue for a long time.
Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

you wont get any help without the video...ijs

DSNuts48

Badass
1st step is knowing what you're doing wrong, no consciously go through the mechanics with a T or just dry swinging, and then in Batting practice.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
try closing your stance a bit, relax your arms and hands before the pitch. when the pitch is coming just don't think and you will hopefully spring in to old habits and return your hands to where they belong. step out a bit to compensate for the closed stance and this will help your rotation and swinging late problem. make sure not to pull your upper body out and keep your eye on the ball. don't over swing. take some soft toss, forget live pitching until you snap out of it.