WSL roster questions

colbyjacks

Addicted to Softballfans
Trying to get a team up for the world tournament in PCB. If I'm putting together a D team is there a certain amount of C players I can have? I'm just going by USSSA rules and rosters. I'm in a state where we don't have any close WSL tournaments so I have to just pay and submit a roster. Heck I'm not even sure any of my players have played in a WSL event.

JKB32

Addicted to Softballfans
On the 1st weekend a D team can only have 3 C class players from the ASA player rankings... call Nathan @ 1 229 460 7474 and he can tell you what you need to know.. i would send him your roster early to make sure you will have no problems..

from WSL website:

Player Restrictions: Men’s “B” teams can have a maximum of 1 player from the WSL Restricted Player List No one from the WSL Restricted Player List can play below the “B” Level or in Coed Recreational.
• Classifications: Teams are classified by their teams overall strength offensively & defensively. Your state director has the right to classify you at his/her discretion. If your state doesn’t have a state director, then your classification will be done by your regional director. If your region has not yet been assigned a director, then your classification will be decided by the National VP & President of the WSL. If you wish to appeal your classification, you may do so in writing to the National VP & President of the WSL. National Bump up rules: There is no national bump rule for the men’s “B” class or women’s division. In men’s “C”, the Champion of 98mph & 1.20bpf at the North American Championships is automatically bumped to class ”B” the following season. If the team returns 5 or more players the next season, it is still an automatic bump to “B”. In men’s class “D” & “E” the top 10% (rounded up) finishers at the 98mph & 1.20bpf at the North American Championships will be automatically bumped to “C” & “D” respectively. If the team returns 5 or more players the next season, it is still an automatic bump to “C” & “D” respectively

Pfeff

Addicted to Softballfans
He'll end up sending me your roster. What state and what team and I will look at your usssa roster.

BobbyV7

The Mouth
We are in the same boat. We decided we wanted to go down to Henderson, but we have 0 WSL events in WA that I know of. What concerns us, is we are a D utrip team and are playing in D worlds but weren't sure what rosters would look like either. Sounds like it'll be fun though!

freak67

Addicted to Softballfans
Is there any list of teams already signed up for the weekend of 9/16-9/18 1.20 worlds in Panama City?

colbyjacks

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been in contact with Nathan from WSL and he said there was about 2 weeks left to turn in rosters and register. This is what was told to me by Bill concerning rosters.

There is no magic number. We look at the teams overall strength offensively & defensively. We also look at how many players are from an upper class, we also do some other research as well. Talk to state & area directors from various associations and get feed back on teams capability.

wilder

Addicted to Softballfans
how many teams usually show up to wsl events? I would assume its different for each event but any info would help. I keep seeing where it says need 28 teams to reach that pay out does that mean they don't usually get that? we have none near us but I think it may be worth going to in the winter months.

colbyjacks

Addicted to Softballfans
We are in the same boat. We decided we wanted to go down to Henderson, but we have 0 WSL events in WA that I know of. What concerns us, is we are a D utrip team and are playing in D worlds but weren't sure what rosters would look like either. Sounds like it'll be fun though!

I looked at the team lists today and know of several D teams that are on the E list so you should be fine.