wsl worlds in panama city

contend33

save the tata's
At this time there is no reason to change it, it is on land not in the water and only tar balls are coming on shore at this time. If/when the oil does come ashore there and the air quality is not up to us playing there it should be changed then, but there is no reason to not play there now hell i am still fishing in the gulf caught 18 snapper this past saturday and plan on doing it again this weekend. oh and see you at worlds....:D

bradinmemphis

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree that PCB is a great place for a tourney, but alot of people go down early so that can have some beach time before the tourney starts. I am not going down on Sunday like last year if I can't get on the beach at all. That is one reason they have so many teams each year. I know plenty of nice complexes that could handle this tourney and without the beach, this tourney may as well be in the desert as long as the fields are nice. Just my opinion.

CJ45

Sandbagger
I am looking forward to it. It will be my last tournament. I am walking away from softball after the tourny. I can't think of a better place to do it. 10 years of tournament ball and I am gonna end it in PCB. Good Times.

Pitcher#11

Addicted to Softballfans
I am looking forward to it. It will be my last tournament. I am walking away from softball after the tourny. I can't think of a better place to do it. 10 years of tournament ball and I am gonna end it in PCB. Good Times.

Wow:eek: I hope this not True!

Stenny17

$tenny17
I'm just worried about if a hurricane goes through the gulf! Who knows where all that oil will be disbursed and the effect on the land!

contend33

save the tata's
I agree that PCB is a great place for a tourney, but alot of people go down early so that can have some beach time before the tourney starts. I am not going down on Sunday like last year if I can't get on the beach at all. That is one reason they have so many teams each year. I know plenty of nice complexes that could handle this tourney and without the beach, this tourney may as well be in the desert as long as the fields are nice. Just my opinion.

quit listening to the media the beaches are fine as of right now. if you have any question before you leave to come down for worlds shoot me a pm. The winds have pushed more of the oil off our coast for the last 2 weeks and have pushed it more towards Mississippi. i'm not saying we will not get oil but right now there is no need not to come here, hell i was just in the water this past weekend watching our blue angels fly....

Stenny17

$tenny17
quit listening to the media the beaches are fine as of right now. If you have any question before you leave to come down for worlds shoot me a pm. The winds have pushed more of the oil off our coast for the last 2 weeks and have pushed it more towards mississippi. I'm not saying we will not get oil but right now there is no need not to come here, hell i was just in the water this past weekend watching our blue angels fly....

daddy like!!!

CJ33

Banned User
what is your guys teams name?......i think i will be there not 100% sure....but we have been talking about it....not sure what class we will be playing in.....team ill be playing with will be Linders out of Ashland,ohio

CJ33

Banned User
Not sure...last year we played at 6 on Friday night and then again Saturday night at 8 and 11...I'm guessing there are quite a few night games

so its like a all nighter then kinda......there prob is alot of shaved bats i bet

Bill Chard

Addicted to Softballfans
so its like a all nighter then kinda......there prob is alot of shaved bats i bet

Only if they pass the bat tester! Every bat will be tested, if it passes it will be stickered and all bats in play MUST BE stickered with the WSL holographic sticker to use. If the bat fails, the bat will be tagged and kept until your team is eliminated from the tournament, you will be given a receipt for your bat. Bring the receipt back and get your bat back. If the player refuses to let us keep the bat until the end of the tournament, then that player may take his bat, his team, and leave, they will be ejected from the tournament.

justinstp

PayPal Ready
Only if they pass the bat tester! Every bat will be tested, if it passes it will be stickered and all bats in play MUST BE stickered with the WSL holographic sticker to use. If the bat fails, the bat will be tagged and kept until your team is eliminated from the tournament, you will be given a receipt for your bat. Bring the receipt back and get your bat back. If the player refuses to let us keep the bat until the end of the tournament, then that player may take his bat, his team, and leave, they will be ejected from the tournament.

Bill, do you know if they're going to change the compression testing process up at all this year. I know our team had a game on Friday at 6:00, and they weren't starting the compression until 3:30 or 4:00 if I remember correctly. Anyway, we wound up waiting in line forever and me and 3 teammates didn't get on the field until close to 5:45. 15 minutes to get loose at a World Tourney is not enough. IMO, it should be done earlier in the day, so nobody has to rush, especially people with early games Friday night.

pukk20

Addicted to Softballfans

That is not always the case...... I have used ligit bats that were not, for various reasons, tested at the tourney. Those umps could care less. We played in C the last few years.