Wtf is going on with the 2013 line

clemente24

OG BOOBIE WATCHER
Wtf, i heard last night that the 2013 line was to hot and that is why they aint around for return. Discuss

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I like the new eastons as well. I was issued a 325 credit for a 99 dollar easton fastpitch bat I returned. Easton returns are the best! I got my son a new 33-30 S1 for High school coming now!

txslugga

DO WORK SON!!!!
They told me theyre on back order so I have to wait 3-4 weeks before I get my return...they're sending me a SP12SY100W for an scn10bh

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
i got a wegs fast, helmer is backordered and they wont tell me how long. Also, they were supposed to ship me a 27oz Wegs and instead i got a 30oz. I called 3 times to confirm a 27oz. I could hear here typing over the phone, she was probably seeing that there are no 27oz eastons anywhere and shipped me a 30 anyway..

rx7_omaha

Outstanding Bad Dealer
i got a wegs fast, helmer is backordered and they wont tell me how long. Also, they were supposed to ship me a 27oz Wegs and instead i got a 30oz. I called 3 times to confirm a 27oz. I could hear here typing over the phone, she was probably seeing that there are no 27oz eastons anywhere and shipped me a 30 anyway..

I would be pissed and sending it back to them. I could maybe understand a 26 or 28 but damn sending a 30 is just wrong.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

Were you returning a 27 or was it a 30 you wanted to become a 27? I tried to exchange a 27 for a 28 back in 04 and they assured me over and over on the phone it was fine, but I still got a 27 back.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
the wegman in 2013 is what an OG+ was in 2006

no need to make anything new. they got that one right.

txslugga

DO WORK SON!!!!
Talked to warranty return and they said the wegman will be available in October and the helmer a later date...either I could wait for the wegman or take the credit..so I took the credit

eolivares1976

LA Lawmen
Why else would it be taking them so long to make these bats. They are flat out sick and I don't think they'll be as hot when they're in stock. Just my .02

clemente24

OG BOOBIE WATCHER
These bats were made under the pretense of using lower compression balls. They hit the harder balls much better. Now if they plan on using the current ball going forward then I can see the bats changing as well as the current circulating models being re-certified.

clemente24

OG BOOBIE WATCHER
UMP last night looked at the bats prior to the game last night and laughed. I asked whats so funny he said in 2014 if the bat does not have the new stamp its no good. Anyone else hear this?

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Umps are often about as bright as a stick! I could use USSSA and my Senior stamped ultra II half the time if I wanted to around southern oregon.

mattingly

Starting Player
UMP last night looked at the bats prior to the game last night and laughed. I asked whats so funny he said in 2014 if the bat does not have the new stamp its no good. Anyone else hear this?

... and the Astros and Royals will be playing in this year's WS, with Tim Tebow and Roger Clemens pitching against each other in game 1.

clemente24

OG BOOBIE WATCHER
Is it possible? Yeah 100% possible that they ban all bats prior to the new stamp. I have OG eastons that I love but some are 6+ years old now and the thought is that they have passed their shelf life. Thats just the vibe I got from the ump. They dont want to waste time going thru bats. No new stamp, no good. Very possible.

bigcam406

Addicted to Softballfans
that may be the case,but i know of leagues that are going to govern themselves,irregardless of who they're affiliated with.

InfiniteSB1

Banned User
Who cares? The new stuff is unbelieveable and with the 52/300 I think they are better.

You've done exactly what they wanted you to do. Fall into the trap of the new product. People will soon find out the durability going forward will not be there. Having a nice hot bat you have to return every few months is going to get old.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
used mine all year, using NSA balls mostly, some swings in 50 degree weather, and i'm not a terrible player...and it's held up and peformed great.

not a trap.