Yes..another choose my bat thread

MarquamStrategy

The Rookie
I've finally been able to start using some of the higher end bats, and I can see the difference, and while I have a broken hand and can not swing right now, I'd like to get some feedback on a new bat for next season. Here is what I need
  1. Asa Stamp (any year)
  2. 26oz (balanced)
  3. Used is preferred
  4. $250 is the high on price

Here is what I need from the bat. I am a line drive hitter that likes to drop it in shallow outfield. I'll let the team use it, so durability would be a preference.

I've read through many posts and reviews, and really it comes down to personal preference, thus so many different bats and price points, however since I am not that experienced with bats, or have the opportunity to swing some of the nicer ones, I am looking for some help here. I'll probably end up buying 2 bats before next season, but that is neither here nor there. Thanks guys, I appreciate your opinions.

baseman

in your face nancy grace
For a balanced bat you want to look at the SCN5 or the freak 98. Take the time to break them in and be in love.

punisher11

Manager
Scn5, scn9, scn3, scx3, freak98 all great bats especially for 44/375 balls. They get hot once broken in, and will last a while. Just choose u won't be disappointed. If u r only using 52/300 balls I would use a z1k or z2k. Jmo

punisher11

Manager
Yeah reaper2 is a great bat also just got mine so not sure about the durability, seems pretty durable. Have heard they last a while too. Mine isn't even broken in and it is spitting fire, can't wait til it is broken in. It's my new gamer for 44/375's. I prefer it over my freak98 for now but my freak98 isn't even close to being broken in either.

MarquamStrategy

The Rookie
I have to wait and see which balls we will be using next year for league, but it seems I would lean to the Z-series or one of the easton's, as those are where I was kind of leaning before the feedback. I will look up those reaper's!

Thanks all I appreciate your thoughts and advice, good luck in your fall seasons!

(oh to the guy who asked, I haven't been able to swing many "high end" bats, as in zero. So I wouldn't know. Closest I've gotten is "The One" Sunday Swagger edition.

djh88stang

The Veteran
If your hitting hard balls scx3, scn3, scn5, scn9 are all great bats...hitting the new balls cant go wrong with a Z1000 or Z2000 or any new Easton!

JuiceyJay

Three Six Mafia
I have to wait and see which balls we will be using next year for league, but it seems I would lean to the Z-series or one of the easton's, as those are where I was kind of leaning before the feedback. I will look up those reaper's!

Thanks all I appreciate your thoughts and advice, good luck in your fall seasons!

(oh to the guy who asked, I haven't been able to swing many "high end" bats, as in zero. So I wouldn't know. Closest I've gotten is "The One" Sunday Swagger edition.

Uhhhh, you DO realize that the Sunday swagger is a "high end" bat right?

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
If you have to use the 52/300 ball I'd go Z2000 or one of the new Eastons. If not, I'd get a Flex or Extended.

MarquamStrategy

The Rookie
Thanks all----to the guy asking if I realize the Sunday Swagger is a high end bat. Yes I do, but it is never on the list of a must have bats, as you can see with all the replies above, it's not listed once. So when I said high end, I was looking for top 5ish or at least the best one for them personally.

JuiceyJay

Three Six Mafia
Thanks all----to the guy asking if I realize the Sunday Swagger is a high end bat. Yes I do, but it is never on the list of a must have bats, as you can see with all the replies above, it's not listed once. So when I said high end, I was looking for top 5ish or at least the best one for them personally.

To some people it is a top 5, doesn't fit the swing of everything.