Z rundown

LineDriver5

Gloves > Bats
Hi all, have heard nothing but great things about the performance of this line (I've only swung the og Asa).. Can someone give a cliff notes run down of these bats, I see a lot of ri/+/qc/dualstamp talk? Interested in trying both Asa and utrip the highest performing of each. Thanks in advance

kdubb0711

BE A MAN...SET AN EXAMPLE
just got to swing mine today. Ive got the usssa bal, and brotha its the real deal!! swings alot like the OGs. ended my bp session with about 150 swings on it, no webbing or other issues.

joejayt

Addicted to Softballfans
I have both the OG and RI USSSA versions. The RI is good but the OG is the hottest bat i've ever swung in my life

LineDriver5

Gloves > Bats
Ok so none of the above makes any sense to me.. Og? Ri? I know what the term Are but which is which? Aren't there multiple year models of each?

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
OG is the 2013
RI is 2014 and Z3 is the latest that came out.
If you find an OG utrip qc# starting with #'s 3-5 are a bad batch.

LineDriver5

Gloves > Bats
OG is the 2013
RI is 2014 and Z3 is the latest that came out.
If you find an OG utrip qc# starting with #'s 3-5 are a bad batch.

Very helpful. Now what is the dual stamp, is it mainly an Asa bat that is utrip legal? Or is it competetive for both associations

all4

The Veteran
Dual stamp has both stamps and is pretty much an og asa bat with new usssa stamp. Super loud and super hot as well, I use one in usssa actually

DAB70

Addicted to Softballfans
Hottest Z questions...

Altho some have attempted I'm still unclear on the Zs. Which is the hottest utrip bat and was does it look like?? when I go to the bat reviews it has the 2013 balanced as the hottest and it looks like it is a green/brown camo color. I can't find them anywhere in that color scheme. also, What the deal with the z1000s?? Are they not as good? It would be great if someone who knows could do a summary with pics also noting the bad serial numbers... but for now, I would like to know which one the hottest utrip bat is and what it looks like(pic would be great) and if there's a serial # I should avoid.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
the og and the ri is stupid to call it that since they are different composites. "hey guys we are re-issuing the Z2k, except we are going to make it with a different composite make up. so its not really a re-issue of the original.... but we just like to confuse everyone." thats not a real quote but i put quotes for the dramatic effect.

Last edited:

Ranger4Life

The Veteran
Hottest Z's out are below, but you will have to pay a pretty penny for them. Left is a 2013 End Load Z2K+ and the right is a 2013 Balanced Z2K+. These are similar to the Original 2013 models but fixed the durability issues, made them in .5oz, and they are exclusives from ***.

IMG_0350_zps2c14488e.jpg

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Find yourself a nice OG Z2k or an Z2kRI. Do not waste your money on a Z+ (they are going for like $400) or a Z3K they have a serious quality issues most are breaking in 10-200 swings.

Ranger4Life

The Veteran
Find yourself a nice OG Z2k or an Z2kRI. Do not waste your money on a Z+ (they are going for like $400) or a Z3K they have a serious quality issues most are breaking in 10-200 swings.

I agree. If you are just starting out, I personally would try to find a RI with 100+ swings on it. My Balanced RI is the second hottest bat I've ever swung outside a shaved Ultra 2. I'm the OG owner and have put around 2k hits on it. It is scratched up from field wear, but other than that it's in perfect shape.

Hanovi

Desperados Softball
og z2000 was the best bat I have swung next to my 09 ressy titan and og mv1. I have hit the RI and it is very good not quite on the same level as the OG but better than anything else I have swung on the market right now.

sbfrook

Coach
Ranger: Looking to scoop one of these puppies. I currently swing a 30oz st100 that is about to break and looking for another missile launcher. What weight do you suggest I snag so I can start looking on here. And how much should I budget to pick one up for? Thanks for your wisdom kind sir.

Cincidynasty

Addicted to Softballfans
Hi all, have heard nothing but great things about the performance of this line (I've only swung the og Asa).. Can someone give a cliff notes run down of these bats, I see a lot of ri/+/qc/dualstamp talk? Interested in trying both Asa and utrip the highest performing of each. Thanks in advance

Here's the run down - in 2011 & 2012 there were both Asa and usssa models (balanced and EL) these were z1000s

For 2013 there were Asa and usssa z2000s released. There was a bad batch of usssa models marked by a qc# (qc3xxx-qc5xxx were the bad batch). As white knight said some lasted forever and some lasted 20 swings. The "reissues", or RI for short, came out sporting a new composite- supposedly fixing the durability problem. The z+ is an exclusive from the same place that has an exclusive Easton, the LV1. They come in half ounce increments and the green is end loaded and the pink is balanced. They are going for 350-400 bucks right now. These have the same composite as the OG z2000 from 2013. Coming from an area where ASA is extinct I can say nobody really swings the dual stamps, but for those that play both associations apparently it's a good option..as someone mentioned earlier though, they make an awful sound. The z3000 just came out (obviously) and it's a 3 piece design. I believe the same composite as the reissue, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Hope that helps.

zamboni

Addicted to Softballfans
I asked this in another thread, but is there any difference in the ASA Z2K (gold bat) end loaded in the 2013 and 2014 versions?

As someone mentioned, the reviews on the site for the 2013 ASA EL are great, but I don't see much of anything on the 2014 ones.

For what it's worth, I play in an ASA only league, so that's my only choice.

mihklo

I don't have a lot of swings on my Asa only Z2000 but I liked the 2012 Z1000 better thus far

And IMO the og Z2000, the RI, and Z3000 each have a different feel to them.

fowlball75

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree the og is the hottest but the RI gets stupid after about 400 swings. You won't be able to get a new og and the RI's prices are lowering everyday. I've seen them around 170.00 niw. I have a bad qc og (gamer) but it's got well over 1000 swings on it. They are not cold weather bats. Anything below 60 , then good luck.

dlang00001

Addicted to Softballfans
Is the handle on the z3000 stiff ? Or does it flex a lot?
Will be the factor weither or not to get the z3k or the z2k. Can anyone help me out

Ranger4Life

The Veteran
Demarini offers a much better ASA only line than LS.

I swung my Z3 this weekend in the cages and it felt GREAT! I couldn't tell distance obviously, but the exit speed was ridiculous. Hearing about all of the ones that have busted made me check the bat for wear after each hit though.

I'm hoping to take some BP on a field this week since the weather is going to be nice.

FYI. I used my RI at an all night tournament this weekend with temps down to 38 degrees. Well over 40 bombs were hit with it and it's still going strong.

fowlball75

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm waiting on my Z3K so this info is coming from the Robo and board brothers. The Z3K is suppose to have more flex. Watch the video with DT and Robo and he explains it. As far as the temp. you hit in its up to you. I use my OG in games but I'm not going to take BP in cold weather. I used mine in Myrtle Beach 2-weeks ago in 5 games in temps in the 30's and 50's.