z1000 balanced vs end loaded

Has anyone noticed any difference in the performance of a balanced z1k and an EL one? I know there is a difference, but I have a balanced 26oz that I took the wrapper off of last weekend and was immediately hitting bombs with and a 28oz EL that I bought with 50 swings on it and it doesn't seem as hot. The kicker is that I prefer a heavier end loaded bat. It even sounds different to me. Anyone else noticed this?

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
Honestly I like my balanced used to swing endloaded z's. Picked a balanced up and it works well for me. With that being said IMO what fits yours swing best will be the hottest.

migz2302

Addicted to Softballfans
It just depends ive had 2011 and 2012 utrip z's balanced and endloaded and on the 11 I just couldn't get used to the balance on my el fit my swing well and was hot that's what I stuck with however on the 12 the endload to me felt more and the balanced felt better to me which is still the same for in the z2000 scale weights on the el on the 12 and the 2k went up also so maybe that's y too, all of mine were 26 ounce

Well I hit the end load at practice today and it does have lots of pop, but I'm more consistent with the balanced bat. So, I guess my end load is up for trade for a balanced Z if anyone is interested. Lol

Dizzle5

You my hero...
If you went from a 28oz EL to a 26 balanced, the bat speed you picked up is what caused the "bombs".....

Yeah, I figured that... I can hit bombs with the 28 EL, but what I am lacking is the hard back spin bbs I was hitting with the 26 balanced. I seem to get under the ball with the EL, which is weird seeing how I have been swinging a 28oz Super Max DC Psycho for 2 years hitting bbs.