Z2K ASA 27oz EL Cracked in Half

fbomb0714

The Veteran
Z2K ASA NR 27oz EL. The bat was NIW when I first started to hit it. Broke it with less than 200 hits (Game & BP). Mix of 44/375, 52/300, Dudley Stadiums, and 600s.

Z2KASANR27ozEL-002_zpsbf441052.jpg

Z2KASANR27ozEL-001_zpsc9a99813.jpg

Z2kASANR27ozEL-003_zps97993fe9.jpg

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
stadiums and 600's on a bat that doesnt need break in? You must have plenty of disposable income.

fbomb0714

The Veteran
I didn't think it could happen. After putting about 600 hits on two different Z2K Utrip bats with the same mix of balls.

fbomb0714

The Veteran
I was hitting balls in the area between the end cap and the disc (Z2000 area). The bat cracked below that area. It cracked not from impact of the ball, but from barrel flexing.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assume he left out the part about hitting balls that aren't approved for ASA with it.

UTrip bats have to be able to hit the stadiums and other balls because those balls are legal in those associations. Bats made for mushballs aren't necessarily the same.

slomaro

Addicted to Softballfans
Im sorry your bat broke but Stadiums and 600s? I'm still surprised when people post up complaining about there bats breaking when they are hitting balls like that. That asa bat is ment to hit asa balls.

KoolAid

The walls on the ASA Z's (all of them) are thinner than the USSSA bats, thats the reason for the discs inside. Count yourself VERY lucky since you are getting a return for a NR bat. Gotta use a bit more grey matter tho bro. ASA bat with Stadiums and .600's? Actually suprised it lasted 200 swings.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
Give the guy a break, I think this was more for informational purposes more than anything. He wasn't hating on the the durability of the bat. In all honesty, this is the first Z2K I have even seen broken..

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
The walls on the ASA Z's (all of them) are thinner than the USSSA bats, thats the reason for the discs inside. Count yourself VERY lucky since you are getting a return for a NR bat. Gotta use a bit more grey matter tho bro. ASA bat with Stadiums and .600's? Actually suprised it lasted 200 swings.

Hit the same mix of balls with the Flipper and a ASA Z1K....