Z3k is junk!!!!

ogsoftballplaye

I'm sorry but I disagree. We keep our bucket of bp balls indoors and they are a mix of a Classic M, 44/375, 44/575, 44/400 and 44/525. When I bp'd my z3000 I asked for all Classic M's to be pitched while I was bping. The ones we had were Dudley ZN and Tattoos. After putting 50-75 hits on the bat, I brought it home, cleaned it up and there wasn't a sign of any wear on the bat.

He is correct however about the 40 cor classic M being the toughest on bats in the cooler temps.......... Well scientifically speaking.

sosa2314

Laser show
I've been waiting to read about these. I have a bad QC Z2K that is straight fire. Looks like I will have to look elsewhere until LS gets their stuff together....Its a shame really.

chinese freak

Addicted to Softballfans
It was a toss up between the Z3 or 2014 Catty. After read these threads and talking to some friends I choose the Catty. Pop, distance, feel was about the same but the durability was the major turning point. I should have my later this week:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

joker47

Addicted to Softballfans
It was a toss up between the Z3 or 2014 Catty. After read these threads and talking to some friends I choose the Catty. Pop, distance, feel was about the same but the durability was the major turning point. I should have my later this week:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Probably a good idea....I sold my z3 to get a niw st100:thumb::thumb:...if I buy another bat it'll be a '14 CA catty..:thumb:

D.Morton

Addicted to Softballfans
I cracked a teamates 26 balanced and it had 50 swings tops. 70 degree temps and Classic Ms. Id have to check with him on the QC but it doesn't really matter to me. Seeing it for myself it was enough to make me pass on the Z line this year. It's too bad because the performance was impressive.

Yatzeelogoz

Stop it Stoopit
I cracked a teamates 26 balanced and it had 50 swings tops. 70 degree temps and Classic Ms. Id have to check with him on the QC but it doesn't really matter to me. Seeing it for myself it was enough to make me pass on the Z line this year. It's too bad because the performance was impressive.

My balanced is great, and we are swinging them in some pretty cold temps here in NY in march!!!

D.Morton

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm sure it was a bad one but how do you know about the next one? I honestly didn't put a lot of stock into all the ones on SBF/Facebook reported as broke because I know how some people treat (or mistreat) their bats. Its different though when you peel the wrap off in good weather with normal balls and can't make it through a bp session and you're an eyewitness.

Playr4

Coach
I have a Z3000, 27 ounce balanced. Has about 700 hits on it. Temps from 50 to 82. Balls 44/375. No sign of a crack or any webbing. No wobble or handle flexing noticed. Bat is spitting fire right now.

EVILHOMER360

Baaaat Fleeeeep!
Z3K is the goods. 150 swings and going strong and its a replacement for one that had 350-400 swings. Once the bat loses the TINGY sound. Put it away for games only. Never had issues with LS customer service. GTG in my book.

G&Tbats

Addicted to Softballfans
i didnt like my 3000 till i got around 300 hits now its straight fire .
has about 600 and has vert cracks and webbing.
doubt it will last much longer, keeps up with my og's forsure.
I dont hit hard and imo if you do you shouldnt swing any z..
there not for mashers, made for single guy.

Last edited:
everyones saying the endload z3k is cracking...is it utrip or asa though? and this is a noob question so my bad for it lol but what's up with the "qc" term? i missed that in class haha...and i have a z3k asa end load now but after reading this idk if i wanna swing it.

EVILHOMER360

Baaaat Fleeeeep!
everyones saying the endload z3k is cracking...is it utrip or asa though? and this is a noob question so my bad for it lol but what's up with the "qc" term? i missed that in class haha...and i have a z3k asa end load now but after reading this idk if i wanna swing it.

from what I've seen, its mainly the Utrip endloaded ones cracking a lot, but have seen a few utrip balanced as well. I think the ASA's are doing ok.

Smartin89

Starting Player
Game swings only?
So how is it Robo can take them and hit 5-600 balls a week and have no problem?
Nd how can you take a new bat and swing it in a game without getting the feel of it

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Game swings only?
So how is it Robo can take them and hit 5-600 balls a week and have no problem?
Nd how can you take a new bat and swing it in a game without getting the feel of it

Interesting! Good points! Maybe the shouldn't be advertised as being durable if they're not... IJS!

SBG SHREK

Coach
The Zs are garbage... I bought one a couple months ago just because I was curious to try one out and sold it weeks later.... I'm stickn with DEMARINI

Smartin89

Starting Player
If they had something that would hold up long enough then IMO they would be close to the top,that being said with Easton's ability to make a hot bat last 2-3000 swings,there pretty much shutting it down!!!

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If they had something that would hold up long enough then IMO they would be close to the top,that being said with Easton's ability to make a hot bat last 2-3000 swings,there pretty much shutting it down!!!

i dunno. we had an og el z2k on our team that almost everyone swung. probably had 2000 hits on it at least. it was hotter than any other bat on our team by a fair amount. i like easton a lot and have used easton the majority of my 10+ years playing ball.... but my 200 hit z2k ri hits better and feels better than my 1000+ hit L1.

there's a reason the z's are going for more money than the eastons.

House00

Slingin' lead!
the issue is they tried to improve on what worked... the ls2x compsite is fantastic. the z1k and z2k bats with this tech are ridiculously hot... stick with that LS! I love my z2k and its hotter than any of the eastons ive owned/swung recently. go back to this composite and fix the original durability issues instead of putting out a new technology with major flaws.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Used to swing nothing but Zs. As you can see from my sig I no longer do. Easton & mizuno are top dog right now IMO. I liked the Z but every one I had was an avg bat until it reached that oh $h!+ moment where it became unreal. Problem was when it reached that point, its life was very short lived. Either that or it was hot out of the wrapper but only lasted 100-200 swings. Mizuno and Easton has a much better progression where you her many more game swings at the bats peak performance level. If they went back to the specs of the OG Z-1000 I would be buying them in bulk.

linkdogg

Addicted to Softballfans
Catty props

Gotta give props to the catty for durability. Last years model was good but didn't get great until about 450 hits / now IMO it hits better than the claymore!
This years model looks nicer and is very durable it been sitting in my bag for 2 weeks now and there isn't a mark on it. I havent swung a Z but I'm guessing the catalyst was the right choice from Louisville ! (Both are balanced as well)

Smartin89

Starting Player
Got my return today,the woman from CS said if I break it send it back as long as it's in my warranty,I asked what would happen if I broke the third one and she said send it back again,so I'm guessing the z3 is gonna be like the bad qc deal!!that might help the ppl asking about the return process

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
Gotta give props to the catty for durability. Last years model was good but didn't get great until about 450 hits / now IMO it hits better than the claymore!
This years model looks nicer and is very durable it been sitting in my bag for 2 weeks now and there isn't a mark on it. I havent swung a Z but I'm guessing the catalyst was the right choice from Louisville ! (Both are balanced as well)

So glad I picked up some catty's instead of preirderng z3

Smartin89

Starting Player
I might have been wrong about this bat!!!
The one that snapped was a qc5
The one I got in return is a qc 0 and has about 100-125 swings on it and it feels great!