Z4000+ video....

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
I liked mine out of the wrapper and by my 4th bp session, it heated up significantly. It does still sound completely different that my OGZ2, so I don't know if the composite really is the same. It could just be a repainted Z4. If that's the case, then I guess I like Z4s. But I've never had an OG2 out the wrapper, so I have no clue how those felt in the beginning. I've only swung ones that were well broken in. The Z4+ could switch gears in the near future, but there's no way of knowing right now. Either way, I was impressed by the initial performance. I was getting more distance than I do with my OGs and like the OG, this bat was hard for me to miss-hit. (Balanced 27.5)

Can't be a Z4 repainted. LS has advertised these two bats as being made of different composite. If they just repainted Z4's they would be committing fraud.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Only if someone can prove it. Good luck with that

Same bat

I get your point but LS would stand to lose millions more than they made on the bats so I doubt they would lie. Not saying it couldn't happen but I don't believe in conspiracy theories.

Also I'm sure they have to give specs to the associations when they go to get stamps. You might be able to get those specs from one of the associations. Also, are these patented? If so you could get the specs that way. I'm not going to go to those lengths....put someone could verify if they wanted to.

Only if someone can prove it. Good luck with that

Same bat

Ok, so let me get this straight the Z4 and Z4+ are the same bat when the Z4 is using Pure 360 composite and the Z4+ is using LX2X composite.

Seems legit that they are the same bat when two totally different composites are being used.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Ok, so let me get this straight the Z4 and Z4+ are the same bat when the Z4 is using Pure 360 composite and the Z4+ is using LX2X composite.

Seems legit that they are the same bat when two totally different composites are being used.

You missed his point. He means that the bats have the same composites even though they are listed as being different composites.

CAMARO80P

Oh boy this is getting outta hand. Bottom line I love my 2 z4000 plus bats don't care if it was made outta terrorist body parts it hits bombs!

You missed his point. He means that the bats have the same composites even though they are listed as being different composites.

So when two bats that sound absolutely nothing alike when hit are now the same bat with the same composite and listed and two different composites?

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
So when two bats that sound absolutely nothing alike when hit are now the same bat with the same composite and listed and two different composites?

I've had two of the the same exact bats sound different. There are so many variables the way composite sets up that no two bats are the same. And they very well could just use the same composite and put two different patents. Or just change one tiny thing which doesn't affect the performance one bit and make all the outrageous claims they want. If you guys don't think shady things happen in big business then you are naive. Reminds me of worth specifically. They claimed to bring back the original Greg Connell (orange mayhem) said it was exactly the same to a T. Well guess what? The ri spiraled instead of traditional webbing. Is that the same? Nope. Maybe the old composite with different wrap? Obviously but that's certainly not the same as the original. Anyways, maybe it is the old composite. But in that case, why the hell wouldn't they use it for the entire new line?? Do you honesty thing they want to change production for such a limited run of bats? It's fine. Believe what you want. I'll keep buying several bats that perform just as well for the price of 1 stupid bat. :biggthumpup:

chirotob

I've had two of the the same exact bats sound different. There are so many variables the way composite sets up that no two bats are the same. And they very well could just use the same composite and put two different patents. Or just change one tiny thing which doesn't affect the performance one bit and make all the outrageous claims they want. If you guys don't think shady things happen in big business then you are naive. Reminds me of worth specifically. They claimed to bring back the original Greg Connell (orange mayhem) said it was exactly the same to a T. Well guess what? The ri spiraled instead of traditional webbing. Is that the same? Nope. Maybe the old composite with different wrap? Obviously but that's certainly not the same as the original. Anyways, maybe it is the old composite. But in that case, why the hell wouldn't they use it for the entire new line?? Do you honesty thing they want to change production for such a limited run of bats? It's fine. Believe what you want. I'll keep buying several bats that perform just as well for the price of 1 stupid bat. :biggthumpup:

Here's what I don't get. Those of us who happened to snag one of these at retail ($299 online or $279 if you called up), are paying the same amount of money that we would pay retail for a standard Z4k(regardless of model).

The key word here is retail; not everyone knows a dealer and can get bats for $70 less than retail.

That said, why is it necessary to come and crap all over people who have paid retail for a bat? A person works and saves their money, did their own research, chose the bat he/she wanted to buy with no input (whether requested or not) from you, and you feel the need to crap on that person because of their choice.

Maybe the bat IS LS2X composite and maybe it's NOT, but have you considered the possibility that maybe the Z4+ was:
A. A limited run to use up any remaining 2X comp that was taking up space?
B. A limited run to gauge interest in bringing back the 2X comp instead of continuing using the Pure 360 comp?

Both of these are perfectly viable possibilities. I just don't get where anyone feels the need to dictate to others how they should or shouldn't spend their own hard earned money. People need to MYODB

Mjmvp_23

Extra Hitter
Here's what I don't get. Those of us who happened to snag one of these at retail ($299 online or $279 if you called up), are paying the same amount of money that we would pay retail for a standard Z4k(regardless of model).

The key word here is retail; not everyone knows a dealer and can get bats for $70 less than retail.

That said, why is it necessary to come and crap all over people who have paid retail for a bat? A person works and saves their money, did their own research, chose the bat he/she wanted to buy with no input (whether requested or not) from you, and you feel the need to crap on that person because of their choice.

Maybe the bat IS LS2X composite and maybe it's NOT, but have you considered the possibility that maybe the Z4+ was:
B. A limited run to gauge interest in bringing back the 2X comp instead of continuing using the Pure 360 comp?

Both of these are perfectly viable possibilities. I just don't get where anyone feels the need to dictate to others how they should or shouldn't spend their own hard earned money. People need to MYODB

Couldn't agree more. It definitely is LS2X, but the manufacturing process I am sure has changed since the original composite was released. Look at anything that comes back out. It is the same but will never be 100% exact to the original release. You just need to let that bit of hope go and enjoy the effort these company's put in to bring you nostalgic pieces back. It's for you, the consumer to enjoy. Not simply a marketing gimmick.

CAMARO80P

Hit my 28.5 el today only got 10 pitches hammered 6 out and 2 off the fence with the wind blowing straight in. I m very happy with it and won't sell it for 400 plus dollars I love the feel of it! Just my opinion but it's a great stick seems to be getting hotter every Bp session.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
If you bought them at retail I'm not faulting you. But people paying $500 for these are absolutely 100% foolish.

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
If you bought them at retail I'm not faulting you. But people paying $500 for these are absolutely 100% foolish.

This is my point. I can't stand people using the hype to get over on other people. People they buy them to swing is totally fine (not that my opinion matters). I just really hope the bottom drops out so those out there that bought a bundle of them to rape other people for 400+ dollars get screwed. And 280 retail is still around 80 dollars more than the regular z but that's obviously up to the consumer. At the end of the day it's not my money so it doesn't affect me but as far as the guy saying mind your own business? This is a public message board, you can put your opinions out there as I can also.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Couldn't agree more. This thread is finally going the direction I thought it would (which was not my intention). I don't mind some friendly debate and opinion but some people seem to be in complete denial that this may be a normal bat like the others produced.

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans

This will probably ruffle your feathers but all my reasons are just as viable as yours. You can come up with any reason in your head that makes it worth your while I guess. And even though I have no idea where the thread is and it's pure hear say but I was under the impression that they went to the pure 360 bc they couldn't get the ls2x anymore. But to say that ls2x composite isn't a genius marketing plot is crazy. They see what the z2k+ go for now. Idk. What do I know. I think the ri z2ks were just as good as the og's and remains my favorite bat I've hit. Either way, I really do hope you enjoy the plus and it works out for you. But if you try to sell it for 500 bucks I hope they fall flat. But as I read all this back to myself I guess I kinda sound like a hater so I'm done lol

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!

This is my point. I can't stand people using the hype to get over on other people. People they buy them to swing is totally fine (not that my opinion matters). I just really hope the bottom drops out so those out there that bought a bundle of them to rape other people for 400+ dollars get screwed. And 280 retail is still around 80 dollars more than the regular z but that's obviously up to the consumer. At the end of the day it's not my money so it doesn't affect me but as far as the guy saying mind your own business? This is a public message board, you can put your opinions out there as I can also.

Not going to lie I paid $275 each for mine. I bought two with the intention of selling one and swinging one. After selling the one I only have $130 into the one I kept. Some call me greedy, I don't care. I wouldn't buy one for $400 or more than retail but if someone feels it is worth it to them to pay me that much for one I'll gladly sell it and not feel guilty, after all I didn't force them to pay that much, the did so of their own free will.

Whether or not its a repaint or whatever is debatable but no one has any concrete proof at this time that I know of. Until we know for sure...swing for the fences!

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
This will probably ruffle your feathers but all my reasons are just as viable as yours. You can come up with any reason in your head that makes it worth your while I guess. And even though I have no idea where the thread is and it's pure hear say but I was under the impression that they went to the pure 360 bc they couldn't get the ls2x anymore. But to say that ls2x composite isn't a genius marketing plot is crazy. They see what the z2k+ go for now. Idk. What do I know. I think the ri z2ks were just as good as the og's and remains my favorite bat I've hit. Either way, I really do hope you enjoy the plus and it works out for you. But if you try to sell it for 500 bucks I hope they fall flat. But as I read all this back to myself I guess I kinda sound like a hater so I'm done lol

I remember that thread but I'm not going to look for it. Said something about the LS2X composite was owned by some other company and they didn't want to pay for it or something like that.

Maybe the Z4k+ is a repaint maybe it's not, either way you are correct it is great marketing by LS and the company selling them.

chirotob

No feathers ruffled, LOL. :p

First, let me start by saying that I HOPE the Z4K+ really is LS2X composite and that LS isn't pulling the wool over peoples' eyes.

Second, I have a RI-2015 Z2 and a 2014 Canadian Catalyst, both Pure 360 Composite and I think that they're damn close to being as good as the OG's.

Actually, I agree with you in terms of people paying $500 for a bat. I remember when the OG Freaks were getting that much on the bay the winter right before their last legal season in ASA. I thought it was stupid then, I think it's stupid now.

I'm also not going to take anything away from the people who are smart enough to sell their bats for the highest price they can get for them. That's just smart business, and if someone seems to think that spending $200 more for an equivalently performing bat will miraculously make them a better ball player, then I'm not going to fault the person who sells it to them for that price.

No worries though, I plan on swinging my bat. That's why I bought one. I was planning on getting a Z4 this year regardless, if this is 2X composite, then even better for me!

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans
No feathers ruffled, LOL. :p

First, let me start by saying that I HOPE the Z4K+ really is LS2X composite and that LS isn't pulling the wool over peoples' eyes.

Second, I have a RI-2015 Z2 and a 2014 Canadian Catalyst, both Pure 360 Composite and I think that they're damn close to being as good as the OG's.

Actually, I agree with you in terms of people paying $500 for a bat. I remember when the OG Freaks were getting that much on the bay the winter right before their last legal season in ASA. I thought it was stupid then, I think it's stupid now.

I'm also not going to take anything away from the people who are smart enough to sell their bats for the highest price they can get for them. That's just smart business, and if someone seems to think that spending $200 more for an equivalently performing bat will miraculously make them a better ball player, then I'm not going to fault the person who sells it to them for that price.

No worries though, I plan on swinging my bat. That's why I bought one. I was planning on getting a Z4 this year regardless, if this is 2X composite, then even better for me!

didn't play back in the OG Freak days but I have tried some broken-in ones recently and it's pretty obvious this bat is hotter than any old utrip or asa bat. Is the Z4K+ really hotter than the new not too expensive goodies like the DC41? I doubt it

finalshot23

Addicted to Softballfans
My 27.5 has about 150-200 swings on it and the handle is starting to get loose. Anyone else having this issue?

milfhunter00

The Veteran
I briefly looked back through the threads and didn't see anything mentioned, but couldn't the difference in sound be from the connection piece? I feel like the 3 piece connection is a bit more durable and may be reason the Z4+ doesn't have that busted sound (which I've always loved but that's besides the point). Yes, LS2X is a great selling piece. But I doubt LS would put their integrity on the line for one company's exclusives. Thoughts?

camjo23

Addicted to Softballfans
The Z4+ is ls2x composite and is much better than the Z4.....but it is not better than the 2pc Mikens or Legits....which can be had quite a bit cheaper...