Search results

1. jbo911

Other Strike zone question

I've had this happen multiple times. If it happens more than once in a game I'll just say "you didn't think that was going to be a strike before he hit it?" Only once did it continue to happen and the ump called one a strike. After that, only one really drunk guy continued to try to do it. Lol
  2. jbo911

Hard cores are ruining USSSA softball

It helps my fielding, but it's killing my fingers on the hot shots I can't get in the pocket .
  3. jbo911

And there's a high demand for them to do that because you can't compete in e without a dedicated dhh. Ours hit more Saturday than all of ours combined had hit all year so far. He's a country strong kid who's been with us for for years and we finally just said, didn't try to hit it out, just...
  4. jbo911

Work the Count or Swing For a Hit?

Sand bagging is crap, and unless the associations work together it will only get worse. The equipment has only made it worse. The gap between how easy offense and defense are is the indicator.
  5. jbo911

Work the Count or Swing For a Hit?

I swing at the first pitch this past weekend because the lf line was wide open. I almost never do that, and I think I was 1 for 2. I take till I get a strike. Not necessarily looking for a walk, but watching the pitcher and making sure he throws as many pitches as possible. I also think...
  6. jbo911

Also, is have a hard time deciding which I think is worse for the game between the hard cores and the dhh. We hit five hrs that counted in our first game in e. That's nuts, plus you have to put it on a tee or they get a free one?
  7. jbo911

We played state this past weekend and were told no hard cores, but also no Trump's. Have they had some out of spec or something? They allowed baden but not trump or xrocks. Just seemed weird.
  8. jbo911

Yeah, everything I've seen is for that side of the hand. One had a little passing on the base if the ring finger, but stopped well before this. If I didn't say it earlier, all of my hand issues have come after going two in the pinky, so I'm going back to regular as well. It felt so weird...
  9. jbo911

I don't think so. The team before had them, but I think this was just a plain classic m or pro m.
  10. jbo911

I guess I just need a thicker glove.
  11. jbo911

12. jbo911

GTG VDubb is gtg

Thread 'Stadium, anarchy, wham, 240s' http://forums.softballfans.com/index.php?threads/stadium-anarchy-wham-240s.1464663/ Good communication, the whole deal. VDubb is gtg. Thanks
  13. jbo911

Total control weighted balls

I use an old metal bag unless we're at a tourney, then I use whatever has a receipt. I didn't take many swings there though.
  14. jbo911

Mooch

I used to have a really good knowledge of the rules, but it just pissed me off so I stopped caring. I might miss the benefits of a call or two a year, but compared to the anger I used to have over stupid rules or the times I'd know the rule and be right and it still wouldn't change the call I...
  15. jbo911

Mooch

That pumping took out the two step, and nothing else imo. You can occasionally get someone off balance your first time, but it only effects lower players after that. The guys that do all this elaborate faking, and then still come set in a different way giving away that this will be the pitch, to...
  16. jbo911

Mooch

Definitely not in the conference, where the strike zone is a tea cup.
  17. jbo911

Mooch

I'd been seeing less and less of it, and hearing more pitchers say they'd rather throw their pitch well than try and have and maybe miss their spot.
  18. jbo911

Mooch

Are we going to see a return to the pump faking style after mooch's perfect game?
  19. jbo911

Hard cuts are too much, but played against classic Ms Saturday and they're still way too much at 60 degrees, and that was our high temps. I wish I still had any 47/375s left to try in bp. I'm pretty sure I lost all of mine
  20. jbo911

23 helmer advanced soft knob 27oz endload

Was this a senior bat?