"400+ on the reg.........." ?

rj_brown77

Addicted to Softballfans
I always pee myself when I read the guys that can hit it 400' on the reg. I know there are some that actually can but I think a lot of guys seriously underestimate how far 4 bills really is.

ruu-dog

E Rec Player
I have hit balls far... But I doubt!! They went 400ft.. I have seen people clear a 300ft fence by 20ft.. and claim they hit it 375-380....

n.e.mich

I have only seen it once, playing on a tourny team with Dale Roe one weekend a few years ago, my jaw dropped. Haven't seen anyone hit as far since then.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
its the same distance that is posted on the restraining order i'm filing against you
The copy I got said 133 yards............WTF? Which is it???

I always pee myself when I read the guys that can hit it 400' on the reg. I know there are some that actually can but I think a lot of guys seriously underestimate how far 4 bills really is.

Here's the news kids.......If you're going 400+' on the reg......You're playing for Res or on the LBH tour. Someone will find you.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
I can hit 400, but I have to wait until it stops rolling across the parking lot to measure it.;) In reality Im doing good to clear 300.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
The copy I got said 133 yards............WTF? Which is it???

Here's the news kids.......If you're going 400+' on the reg......You're playing for Res or on the LBH tour. Someone will find you.

400', i don't want you a foot closer to me than you need to be

Wolfynuts24

Jagoff
If i can hit 400 on the reg in d and rec level softball then im doing something wrong in my life. I could never hit 400 on the non-reg lol.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think they don't understand what on the reg means. If they do it once out of every twenty swings that's not on the reg. They don't want to count "bad pitches" or "I just missed it" so they're counting one out of 20 as one out of 4.

bigballs21

Banned User
Theres a kid on here from Az that barely hits the ball 300ft and then post claims of switching bats and dropping bombs of 370-380ft. maybe if he hits the ball twice!

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Take guys to a baseball field and most can't touch 350'. 400' is a long way.

In the past we've played a tourney at Avista Stadium.....Home of the "Spokane Indians" minor league team. The fence in right it like 312' or something and jumps straight out to 335" with an 18' fence. Then left field is like 322" or something with an 18' fence......The run to 380' in the alleys and 390' to center or something. You can't believe the power hitters that flew out over and over again trying to get one out. A lot of them didn't, but then talk about how they go 400' in league.:D

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
If I couldn't hit 400 on the reg back when I was hitting super bluedots and swinging an Ultra, it aint happening now. 305 on the reg is good enough for me

stepup

Coach
I saw Lee Payne hit one 350-360 and it was the longest freaking shot I have ever saw. Don't think I have ever saw a 400+ shot.

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy
Hey Yo ... i live in Colorado and believe me when i say that the ball does fly here, especially at nite, when its a bit brisk and the rock gets crispy, but i can count on one hand the number of 4hundy shots i have EVER hit ...in the last 10 years, mostly at night, in the mountain tourneys, or in a HR tourney where we get to BYOB... its very true ...4hundy is a long way from home plate... and if guys on here were able to do that regularly they wouldn't be on here, they would be out practicing for the next Major Tourney or designing the next model bat for their manufacturer.. or their alternatives for those who make that claim and homey dont play dat... hell i dont even watch em as we have gone to hit and sit in most tourneys and leagues here so unless a guy sees where it actually lands and tapes it off how would we know anyway!!! juts my .02$ on the matter:p

Super:cool:

superfonzie

MILE HI HEEL'Billy
you funny guy huh mike....

Theres a kid on here from Az that barely hits the ball 300ft and then post claims of switching bats and dropping bombs of 370-380ft. maybe if he hits the ball twice!

its thin air colorado and when im playing golf with my buddies i always like to ask what club they used on certain shots... especially par 3's... its always my tag line when someone says on a 200 yd par 3 that they are hittin a 7 iron and i say "how many times"... even up here in the rarified air it only carries maybe 20% more than down yonder at C level!! so again its all relative to the OG/OP who has an inflated sense of themselves .... personally i can hit my 7I about 225 ..downhill, downwind, in a parking lot!!!!

Super :cool: