"400+ on the reg.........." ?

Worm

<font color="#FF3030">I'm CrEePy & I'm CrAwLy</fon
Sounds like someone's being called out here.... Should I go get my bowl of popcorn?

Big D

In the Batter's Box
In the past we've played a tourney at Avista Stadium.....Home of the "Spokane Indians" minor league team. The fence in right it like 312' or something and jumps straight out to 335" with an 18' fence. Then left field is like 322" or something with an 18' fence......The run to 380' in the alleys and 390' to center or something. You can't believe the power hitters that flew out over and over again trying to get one out. A lot of them didn't, but then talk about how they go 400' in league.:D

And we use 47 525 at avista. We play with a handful of guys that can reach 400 but it all depends on your definition of often.

Last edited:

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Really??...........I love these claims. Anyone even realize how far 400+' really is???:D

Just because you can't do something doesn't mean I can't. A couple years back I could do 400+ about one in five HR's. I did 383' with a single-wall and completely destroyed it about 20 swIngs later. Took a little over a year off and I haven't done it this year. There are two reasons.

#1 I'm just not able to hit that way yet. I was getting 90-120 swings per session, an hitting 2-5 sessions a week. I might be able to get back there...we shall see.

#2 new balls and bats! We(me and Wes21) were hitting .47/525's and .47/500's with 30oz PST's, a 32oz techwrap and rokettech that Anderson said was a 26oz frame with an 8oz endload, and the 32oz Blue Ritch's that exploded. Today I'm hitting a 30 RawSteel that feels so light I'm embarrassed to be seen with it and ball so soft I can squish them between my hands!

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Just because you can't do something doesn't mean I can't. A couple years back I could do 400+ about one in five HR's. I did 383' with a single-wall and completely destroyed it about 20 swIngs later. Took a little over a year off and I haven't done it this year. There are two reasons.

#1 I'm just not able to hit that way yet. I was getting 90-120 swings per session, an hitting 2-5 sessions a week. I might be able to get back there...we shall see.

#2 new balls and bats! We(me and Wes21) were hitting .47/525's and .47/500's with 30oz PST's, a 32oz techwrap and rokettech that Anderson said was a 26oz frame with an 8oz endload, and the 32oz Blue Ritch's that exploded. Today I'm hitting a 30 RawSteel that feels so light I'm embarrassed to be seen with it and ball so soft I can squish them between my hands!

A whole lot of wtf? In your post

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

Other than you thinking you're superawesome......I don't know what the **** you are trying to get across here. Also...I never said I can't do it Hotrod. :)

grubd

Banned User
Took BP on a baseball field that was 300 down lines and 350 in center. Bunch of guys for 2 hours and only 2 balls hit fence in straight away center. Wind blowing foul pole to pole and temperatures in upper 40s. Normal weather conditions maybe 6 hits clear the 350. I think most exaggerate distance of batted balls.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't call 1 in 5 on the reg. 20% free throw percentage in any league is going to get you laughed at. That's assuming you actually believe Muscles' claims.

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>

I don't care about any of this.
Really want to know about that 30oz PST Red in your sig?:D

cyoung187

Coach
internet.jpg

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
1 in 5 over four hundred? Pretty amazing.

Not saying it's not, just pointing out that in addition to all the other exaggerating people think the definition or regularly changes with the difficulty of a task. Would you ever have a leadoff that regularly gets on base 20% of the time?

Jimmy34

Board Prick
I've been calling out guys for this statement since day one of this board, especially the ones saying they did it with metal bats and Sb12's...STOP IT STOOPIT

I've hit tons of balls 400'+ but I'm friggin' awesome and I'm on SBF with a lot of posts...

And when I say 400'+ I mean 200' straight up and then 200' straight down, right into the SS glove...:(

I saw the HOF HR Derby in Osceola Stadium where the Astro's play spring training..Helmer, Izzy, Kennington, Larsen and a ton of other BEASTS and not one HR did anyone think went 400', close, yes but not quite, and there were some absolute bombs hit that night...

Jimmy34

Board Prick

No you didn't, you have no feedback and we all know it's impossible to hit a ball over 325' with no feedback...end of story

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
I am not even sniffing 400' and don't even hit 350' on the reg.... Maybe 310'. I did once hit a ball 380ish' with a 67,986 hit OG Freak and a Blue dot with about a 20mph wind helping me.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
One league I play in the fence is '325 all the way around. I would estimate I have hit some in the 340 - 350 range but that's with 44/375s and utrip bats and swinging almost out of my shoes. All my HRs feel like 400+ though

dgambill85

Banned User
My boy fox hits them 375-380 fairly regularly but 400' is a stretch. He will hit a few in bp but they're for sure shots and you just laugh when it comes Off the bat. I will say that I've probably never hit one 400'. Maybe hit 350' a couple
Times but not often at all.

bigballs21

Banned User
its thin air colorado and when im playing golf with my buddies i always like to ask what club they used on certain shots... especially par 3's... its always my tag line when someone says on a 200 yd par 3 that they are hittin a 7 iron and i say "how many times"... even up here in the rarified air it only carries maybe 20% more than down yonder at C level!! so again its all relative to the OG/OP who has an inflated sense of themselves .... personally i can hit my 7I about 225 ..downhill, downwind, in a parking lot!!!!

Super :cool:

hahahaha I'd be screwed if I golfed in Colorado. I woudnt know which club to use. a 200 yard par 3 would probably require a PW lol

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
I think 50- 60 % would be consider on the reg. In a bucket of 24 balls which is usually what I hit in BP, I hit 2-3 balls 380 plus. 350 or better is reg for me

grubd

Banned User
I wouldn't call 1 in 5 on the reg. 20% free throw percentage in any league is going to get you laughed at. That's assuming you actually believe Muscles' claims.

That is ridiculous. 1/5 400+ is amazing. The skills are different 75% is good for free throws but baseball batter hitting 30% is too. Just because the % is good for one sport doesn't mean it is correct % to compare for other sport.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
That is ridiculous. 1/5 400+ is amazing. The skills are different 75% is good for free throws but baseball batter hitting 30% is too. Just because the % is good for one sport doesn't mean it is correct % to compare for other sport.

Wow!! You're buying that the dude hits one in five balls four hundred feet?

creative10

Banned User
I think I can get 400 if I have the ideal conditions...cool temps..hitting hard balls...little wind help and if Im swinging the bat and cutting the ball well. With that being said Im probably 1 out of 50 swings in those conditions. I have tried hitting 400 feet many times as I have staked out the 400 foot mark with the wheel and was 15-20 feet short all day.