Keep ripping my batting gloves.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
What am I doing wrong, this is my 3 pair of batting gloves I have ripped in 4 months. I switch to a one finger drop and one finger overlapping grip and on a power swing (swing for the fences) I seem to be ripping my gloves. It seems like I get part of my glove caught on a power swing. I have always use size XL but I have tried both XL’s and XXL’s, I don’t know if I should try a snugger fit glove or what but any help would be great.

picture.php

Richiebalz

Paypal sent
Try a pair of spiders web..... Extremely durable. Only flaw I would say is if you slide and get them full of dirt they get pretty gunked up and loose grip.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Try a pair of spiders web..... Extremely durable. Only flaw I would say is if you slide and get them full of dirt they get pretty gunked up and loose grip.

Thanks Bro, I heard spiders are good and durable. Its just a blows my mind that after going to a overlap grip that I would rip back 2 back batting gloves. Shoot I spent $60 on glove in the last 3 months. :mad:

Carbone13

<font color="#4F4F4F">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Combat premiums are the real thing. You use the same grip as I do and mine last forever. Just a quick plug for a great product.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Mechanix gloves my friend. I used to use regular batting gloves and ripped about 3-4 pair a year. I switched to mechanix gloves and usually a pair lasts me at least a season.

They can be had at wal mart very cheap also sometimes as low as 10-15 bucks on sale.

MB:cool:

usmcluberti

Banned User
I have ripped two pairs of spiders on both hands in the past 6 months...I am trying the combat gloves this year also

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Mechanix gloves my friend. I used to use regular batting gloves and ripped about 3-4 pair a year. I switched to mechanix gloves and usually a pair lasts me at least a season.

They can be had at wal mart very cheap also sometimes as low as 10-15 bucks on sale.

Dont mind at all paying $10 or $15.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
I suggest football receiver gloves. I use them. But has to be with the leather tack palms, not the plastic looking ones. Much more durable than baseball batting gloves.

Richiebalz

Paypal sent

I would say spiderz are similar to these

Pretty

Softball is cool
Spiderz thread/ I had the same issue with numerous other brands, Spiderz works for me and I have the same grip as you do.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
I would say spiderz are similar to these

I have never tried spiderz. I just know for me personally mechanix last a long time. I used to tear through gloves and these have been great. Up here in Canada I find them at Canadian Tire on sale for 10-15 quite often. Come in tons of colors also so you can match up to your team. They also have different palm grips some with or without padding etc. The ones I try to get are similar to the Easton VRS padding ones but they last.

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
Batting gloves are going to rip and they are made to be a commodity item. They are not built to last even one year and once you realize this you will be able to accept the frustration. Additionally, some guys are just rough on their gear and go through batting gloves like a paper sack and some guys are able to keep the same pair all year. A lot of people buy the wrong size and that causes improper wear/tear and the glove breaks down earlier than expected.

Are some better than others, yes, but there is usually a trade off like a much thicker material or not a pliable.

On that note, what do you think about these 3n2 sublimated batting gloves:D

734b6517aef846441e55c048e6ff4880_lqdw.jpg

BiggDogg34

Addicted to Softballfans
I picked up a pair of Spiderz and they have lasted a full season.. I havent had any issues with them yet

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Try wrapping your knob in tape or get a knob cover.

I hear you, but the glove is ripping on my TOP hand from an over lapping grip with one finger. It seems like when I swing hard my thumb is catching my index finger during a hard swing and within a little time I am ripping them.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
It doesnt matter what brand I buy I destroy 6+ pairs a year.... I never take my wedding ring off so I rip them there, the palms wear out from the knob where I drop my pinky, and top hand thumb and index from overlaping.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
Buying high end batting gloves is one of the biggest wastes of money in softball. Except for those rawhide things that aren't even batting gloves (nor comfortable), you should be going through anywhere from 3-6 gloves in a season. (Or "pairs", if thats what you're into....never understood why people use a top glove unless it's freezing). Otherwise I'd think you swing like a Sally girl.

If you're doing things right, you should be ripping holes every month or two.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Batting gloves are going to rip and they are made to be a commodity item. They are not built to last even one year and once you realize this you will be able to accept the frustration. Additionally, some guys are just rough on their gear and go through batting gloves like a paper sack and some guys are able to keep the same pair all year. A lot of people buy the wrong size and that causes improper wear/tear and the glove breaks down earlier than expected.

Are some better than others, yes, but there is usually a trade off like a much thicker material or not a pliable.

On that note, what do you think about these 3n2 sublimated batting gloves:D

734b6517aef846441e55c048e6ff4880_lqdw.jpg

Good 411 C-Dawg and I didnt know 3n2 made batting gloves, I love my 3n2 trainers tho.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
It doesnt matter what brand I buy I destroy 6+ pairs a year.... I never take my wedding ring off so I rip them there, the palms wear out from the knob where I drop my pinky, and top hand thumb and index from overlaping.

Buying high end batting gloves is one of the biggest wastes of money in softball. Except for those rawhide things that aren't even batting gloves (nor comfortable), you should be going through anywhere from 3-6 gloves in a season. (Or "pairs", if thats what you're into....never understood why people use a top glove unless it's freezing). Otherwise I'd think you swing like a Sally girl.

If you're doing things right, you should be ripping holes every month or two.

So 1-finger bottom hand and 1-finger over lapping TOP hand will end up in ripped gloves.

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
i wear Mechanix gloves... play 3 nights a week and tourneys. spring summer and fall... next year will be my 3rd year on the same pair. $20 at Autozone.