Keep ripping my batting gloves.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
So 1-finger bottom hand and 1-finger over lapping TOP hand will end up in ripped gloves.

I drop the pinky and have my index finger bottom hand off the bat, so my top hand slides down a finger....more or less what you do.....I'll wear out the side of ring finger top knuckle thats against the knob, and rip a hole in the palm pretty quickly. Between games and BP I usually take 100-300 swings a week during the season.

I couple times I thought I'd check recommendations here, bought some more expensive gloves...didn't matter. when you're putting that constant friction on the same point of the material, it can only hold up to so much.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
COMBAT39-2.jpg

I like these hurr saint.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I drop the pinky and have my index finger bottom hand off the bat, so my top hand slides down a finger....more or less what you do.....I'll wear out the side of ring finger top knuckle thats against the knob, and rip a hole in the palm pretty quickly. Between games and BP I usually take 100-300 swings a week during the season.

I couple times I thought I'd check recommendations here, bought some more expensive gloves...didn't matter. when you're putting that constant friction on the same point of the material, it can only hold up to so much.

Maybe oneday someone will make a glove for us pinky droppers & one finger TOP handers.

Wheels33

Coach
Magic combination = Mechanix gloves (Bottom hand only) + Wilson pro or Yonex Supergrap tennis over-grips (Both are the same really) + Knob cuff (if you like them)
With Wilson Pro overgrip , you will not want to use top hand glove, and will never have to worry about grip or blisters! Heaven for the hands lol Very cheap too (4 bucks for a 3 pack= 3 bats) Sometimes I don't even use gloves at all, has plenty of tack.

Thank me later! :)

Wheels33

Coach
Wide Receiver gloves do work the best. I had them before, but Mechanix's gets the job done and much cheaper. Comes down to how much you want to spend really.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Do you grip real tight with your top hand or is the glove loose at all? I like my gloves to be a little too tight, stretch them in a bp session, and they are good to go.

I've had real good luck with $20 Nike Diamond Edge Elite, had two pairs each last a year. Had two pairs of Louisville Sluggers last less than a month before the stitches came undone. I've never had good luck with mechanics gloves, they are too loose, get twisted up, and tear quickly.

corsmr50

Majestic 2137 armor skin gloves. $7/pair roughly and they never wear out and are machine washable. Bought 12 pair last year and played over 200 games and used 1 pair

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Do you grip real tight with your top hand or is the glove loose at all? I like my gloves to be a little too tight, stretch them in a bp session, and they are good to go.

I've had real good luck with $20 Nike Diamond Edge Elite, had two pairs each last a year. Had two pairs of Louisville Sluggers last less than a month before the stitches came undone. I've never had good luck with mechanics gloves, they are too loose, get twisted up, and tear quickly.

A relexed grip on top and bottom, tight up bottom right B4 contact.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
If anyone is wondering I use hockey tape for all my grips and it does not affect the mechanix gloves durability. I also drop one and overlap full. Although I change up the grip in different situations at the plate.

MB:cool:

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Also, for those using hockey tape, are you using the friction or cloth? I'm guessing the friction tape is more tackified? Thanks.

wink

Winkleton
And everyone rips on the guys that wear Mechanix.
Bought a Pair of Mechanix 10 months ago, Still have them, still in excellent condition.
gloves.jpg

midnight89

Bat Huer
A little different than some of the other recommendations:

Mizuno Global Elites. $30 here at the SBF store. Double leather palms. I tar my gloves and leather grips up pretty good and still get a good 150 - 200 games out of a pair of these.

The old Mizuno Pro Limiteds (as in the models from 3 years ago which are now almost impossible to find) were phenomenal as well however now they're using thin cabretta leather and my last $50 pair ripped in about 2 weeks. Scratch them off the list.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can use whatever you want for games, but if you're bping with anything other than Mechanix you're throwing your money away. My initial pair is over a year old and still going strong. You can even stretch them over a pair of traditional batting gloves for those super long sessions to protect your palm.

A lot of tearing problems are caused by having too large of gloves as well.