Another swing vid to critique...

BIGDOG44

In your head
300 ft field with a 10ft fence. this video was taken last monday july 5th. Casedawg helped me get them on youtube. the 1st swings were with my ASA RD and the others were with my juggy.

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
No offense. Very average swing, but effective as long as you hit the ball consistent.

Last edited:

BIGDOG44

In your head
Wow crimedog thank you very much! To even be compared to denny crine is a compliment. Thers always someone who will not like your swing or will just hate you because your swing is better than theirs. Im not trying to get any praise, just wanted to know what people thought.:)

casedawg51

Vinci Rep/Fastpitch
If I would have known someone was going to compare you to Denny Crine I would NEVER have helped you post the video. You are going to be unbearable now:mad:

Jason22

Starting Player
Jason, crimedog was just comparing my swing to Denny's thats not him lol. And thank you for the compliment!

guess maybe next time i should read a little more, instead of just watchin videos lol, but yeah. i wish my homers looked that ez...

BIGDOG44

In your head
Not even close. Kissing a guys butt or trying to make him "feel good" about a SL
OWPITCH softball swing isn't doing him any favors. With a lot of work the OP might be able to transform his swing into that, but right now it's average.

smac if mine is average then lets see yours. Thats what I thought.

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
smac if mine is average then lets see yours. Thats what I thought.

If I knew this was a brag post, I wouldn't have bothered posting.

As a brag post = fail. Your swing is average. We all know guys much smaller and much less muscular that can hit the ball harder then you. Once you get over your own ego, maybe you'll start to wonder why they do ;).

casedawg51

Vinci Rep/Fastpitch
If I knew this was a brag post, I wouldn't have bothered posting.

As a brag post = fail. Your swing is average. We all know guys much smaller and much less muscular that can hit the ball harder then you. Once you get over your own ego, maybe you'll start to wonder why they do ;).

It isn't a brag post. I know the guy personally and he isn't about that. It just gets old that someone always has to hate on someone else, especially when it isn't warranted. That is not an average slowpitch softball swing. If you think it is then you need to get out more and see some of the crap that is out there. Is it a MAJOR level swing? No. Is it a WELL above average swing? You dang right it is. It is better than 90% of the swings posted on here and I include mine in that 90% too. And his point about seeing yours...... well? I put mine up and suffered the consequences.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Not even close. Kissing a guys butt or trying to make him "feel good" about a SL
OWPITCH softball swing isn't doing him any favors. With a lot of work the OP might be able to transform his swing into that, but right now it's average.

Both of the swings have a downward swing plane, both have similar follow throughs, I'm not sawing that bigdog hits as hard as Denny Crine, I'm saying that the swings are similar in appearance. That being said , BD hit those balls pretty f'n hard.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Wow crimedog thank you very much! To even be compared to denny crine is a compliment. Thers always someone who will not like your swing or will just hate you because your swing is better than theirs. Im not trying to get any praise, just wanted to know what people thought.:)

You obviously understood what I meant unlike some others in here. :rolleyes:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say it's above average, but I think his point was it's around average for tournament players, or the type of people that work on their swing, video their swing, etc. I don't think he meant average for company softball all the way up to major.

He's being a borderline hater, but just to play devil's advocate, one out of 5 was fouled back over the backstop.

I like the way it looks, but I'm not a mechanics expert.