Ah, season ending injury

have been playing as much this year due to kiddos, work, wifes school. But its over anyway.

Partial to full tear of Anterior TaloFibular (ATF) Ligament. MRI to determine how extensive and if I fractured my fib.

sprains_image1.gif

This was AFTER the game. Just walking to my car and jump up to knock my turfs together to get rid of some mud. Landed on uneven ground, rolled my foot and felt a large pop/crack. FML.

No surgery, just alot of PT.

House00

Slingin' lead!
this sucks... ive sprained both my ankles numerous times... they are like rubber now... and that loud pop sound is freaky

Fudbelty

I Invented the Budle Play
Ankle injuries blow balls. I had about 1'' of my cartilage removed as well as had to have the talus bone shaved down. No fun. Surgery was July 29th and I'm still on crutches. Have to let some cartilage grow back. Although it won't be original cartilage it will be a fibrous type. Rehab starts next week and hopefully start walking again.

foot_osteochondritis_dissecans_anat02.jpg

toon

Addicted to Softballfans
i know how u feel. my last game of the season last ending went to reach for a ball hit up the middle tripped and landed on my shoulder dislocated my clavical.that **** hurts

DSNuts48

Badass
Ouch, I dislocated a middle metatarsal this year, and I sprained that ligament you tore two years ago. My left foot still isn't as flexible as my right.

fun stuff. PT will be to strengthen the healed ligament and retrain the nerves to sense instability. That will be the worst part.

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
That stinks but at least they are not opening you up.
Hope the pt goes well but I hate those people.:D

Chapmandoo

Getting old guy
Broke my wrist 9 Jul, took 3 weeks off, started back playing (with a cast on) end July when our mens league started ... batting .711 so far. Had cast removed Aug 20, rexrayed / MRI ... still broken. Everyone says I am an idiot but I tape my wrist well and if it hurt bad I wouldnt play. I have a high pain tollerance and I love the game!

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
You guys scare me. Fall league starts tonight.

I hope to walk out of there in one piece.

MattXT

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a 2nd degree CF + TF sprain on my ankle playing racquetball about 8 years ago. Tore up some muscle down the side of my calf too. Leg was black mid-calf to mid-foot. Still pops every time i get up if I've been sitting for more than 10 minutes.

DOM713

Addicted to Softballfans
Just found out I tore the ECU tendon sheath in my right wrist. Now I can't swing a bat or golf club right handed, it sucks. I'm going to finish fall ball batting lefty. I would get the surgery to repair it, but I just can't afford to spend 6-8 months in a long cast. Good luck with your surgery, hope you heal up quick and get back on the field.

DSNuts48

Badass
Just found out I tore the ECU tendon sheath in my right wrist. Now I can't swing a bat or golf club right handed, it sucks. I'm going to finish fall ball batting lefty. I would get the surgery to repair it, but I just can't afford to spend 6-8 months in a long cast. Good luck with your surgery, hope you heal up quick and get back on the field.

If it were me, I would suck up the 6-8 months.

DOM713

Addicted to Softballfans
If it were me, I would suck up the 6-8 months.

I'm going to get it, just not right now. I can still work with this injury, and work will start to slow down in a few months, then I will probably get it done. Doesn't help that my medical insurance is crap.

czr623mrqz

Addicted to Softballfans
I broke the scaphoid bone in my right wrist on june 13 down at chino hills fod sliding in to second base. Now i have a cast to make things worse im right handed. Surgery was the best option. This way i can avoid any potential injuries i may endure by playing. Out for 6 weeks with this cast on...so no ball. It bites

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
Sorry to hear it bro. If it's any consolation: if you had to break a leg bone, the fibula is the one you want to break (it's non-weight bearing so it'll heal the fastest).

sleepin4matty

Management Material
have been playing as much this year due to kiddos, work, wifes school. But its over anyway.

Partial to full tear of Anterior TaloFibular (ATF) Ligament. MRI to determine how extensive and if I fractured my fib.

sprains_image1.gif

This was AFTER the game. Just walking to my car and jump up to knock my turfs together to get rid of some mud. Landed on uneven ground, rolled my foot and felt a large pop/crack. FML.

sucks man, I was just in a boot for 2 weeks from straining the tendons in this picture. The ones that extend from side of calf down to bottom of foot. Sucks bro. You gonna be in a boot or anything? Any pain walking?

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
I feel ya. I dislocated my shoulder playing in a tourney w/ some SBF board bros. Effectively ended my season too :(

Although 3 weeks later, it healed enough (and I had enough tape and a brace on) to go whitewater rafting over the weekend :D. Class 5 rapids too. Thank God I ddin't fall out the boat when we had to go down a rapid called "**** up falls" backwards :eek:

MBG1977

Banned User

sprains_image1.gif

Sucks to be joo, I mean you :D

fluffy24

Wonder Mijo
Dislocated my middle finger last night making a spectacular grab. Ok so it wasn't so spectacular...FML:(

Jason22

Starting Player
i rolled my ankle read hard last thursday night and heard a pretty loud pop but it feels fine to walk and jog on. it only hurts when i move it one certain way. how did urs feel the next few days after? maybe i need to see a doc too cuz thats exactly where the pain is

DOM713

Addicted to Softballfans
i rolled my ankle read hard last thursday night and heard a pretty loud pop but it feels fine to walk and jog on. it only hurts when i move it one certain way. how did urs feel the next few days after? maybe i need to see a doc too cuz thats exactly where the pain is

It wouldn't hurt to see a doc. My wrist was the same way, I can still lift weights do pull ups and hang rock 9 hours a day, but if I swing a bat that ish hurts and the bats gonna go flying.