E Worlds....Disney....

Rob12

Addicted to Softballfans
Then there is no way you should have beat a C team.

why is that?? bottom line is play where you belong. This is a perfect example why the numbers are down every year. E is ment for beginners- a building block for softball. When you have experienced players and teams beating up on new teams and players it kills interest. Maybe not at the worlds but in a whole ie the back yard tournys you play in to get to worlds.

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
Then abolish E. If there is anyone that played E and went to worlds that didn't go 0-2 bump em and FORCE them to play D. If there is one D player on the roster, force them to play D. If there is a player that was on a team that went to worlds and went 1-2 on a roster then force them to play D. That is the only way you will get teams in the right place. Abolish E, and call it Rec with no kind of prizes for winning the worlds. Or have local "world" tourneys.

Stjoes17

Addicted to Softballfans
Great tournament guys. Played against a lot of solid competition and, for the most part, good groups of guys. Congrats to B&K, you guys earned it. Dirt Dawgs, way to represent New England well. Now it's off to the long cold offseason...

cp16

Addicted to Softballfans
Then abolish E. If there is anyone that played E and went to worlds that didn't go 0-2 bump em and FORCE them to play D. If there is one D player on the roster, force them to play D. If there is a player that was on a team that went to worlds and went 1-2 on a roster then force them to play D. That is the only way you will get teams in the right place. Abolish E, and call it Rec with no kind of prizes for winning the worlds. Or have local "world" tourneys.

Abolish E? Then the same thing will happen in D. You will never get rid of the problem. We will all continue to play because it is fun and competition. Teams do it because most of the guys are not ranked yet until they win something, even though just by natural ability they should at minimum start at D or even C. Kind of like when we had E Rec states, which is all fun, and the state director allowed a D player pitch for a team. I was sitting there watching saying this is ridiculous. But because the state director said he could play he was able to. The other teams were not very happy.

Stretch19

Grow up
it dont matter where you play or state your from you still play c and your team is still sandbagging i thing they won what the asa c nationals im not bitching but hey play where you belong we were a erec team last year true e team

no they didnt...the asa c nationals was won by Gas House/US Lawns from NJ; B&K wasnt entered in this tournament...they are a good team who has gone though a lot...the team they started the year with, definitely isnt who they finished the year with, but none the less a solid squad all the way around for sure

Floyd

Addicted to Softballfans
Any team that finishes in the top 50 at an E World is sandbagging.

Agreed! Doesn't really bother me and I'm not going to ***** about it. But truthfully, any team that finished in the top 50 this weekend could easily move up and play D, or whatever.

Bottom line is that sand bagging will always be there, and USSSA will never do anything about it. They are never going to turn teams away from coming to tourneys. If they do, that justs less money for the directors/sanction.

sftballguy

Addicted to Softballfans
thats a funny statement anyone who finshing in the the top 50 is sandbagging well i watch alot of games this weekend and the average score to win a game was like 7 runs yea thats sandbagging some people makes no sense the dirtdawgs were a legit e team never picking up any other guys from any d or c rosters played with the same guys all year and was playing e rec last year as for the other teams the only other team that looked to be not a legit e team was b and k and etp/fla mattress until the word got out that the roster was gonna be challenged they came back with half the squad that the day before

bignjboyincharg

Addicted to Softballfans
I play for Hooters/CoorsLight we when 3-2 and lost first game in extra innnings to Hard Knocks and then beat Dirty Dawgs,Seeds/Nikita’s Bar & Bistro/Elite,and BYB Bulldogs and then lost to DIRTBAGS. Everyone there was really cool people the only jackass i ran into was the pitcher from the DIRTBAGS. think we finished 49th... was our first time there.

Stretch19

Grow up
thats a funny statement anyone who finshing in the the top 50 is sandbagging well i watch alot of games this weekend and the average score to win a game was like 7 runs yea thats sandbagging some people makes no sense the dirtdawgs were a legit e team never picking up any other guys from any d or c rosters played with the same guys all year and was playing e rec last year as for the other teams the only other team that looked to be not a legit e team was b and k and etp/fla mattress until the word got out that the roster was gonna be challenged they came back with half the squad that the day before

b&k roster was definitely legit...but i agree, i wouldnt consider them a "true" e team

Mike11

master of swinging K's
I play for Hooters/CoorsLight we when 3-2 and lost first game in extra innnings to Hard Knocks and then beat Dirty Dawgs,Seeds/Nikita’s Bar & Bistro/Elite,and BYB Bulldogs and then lost to DIRTBAGS. Everyone there was really cool people the only jackass i ran into was the pitcher from the DIRTBAGS. think we finished 49th... was our first time there.

were you the guy handing out the $10 off hooters cards?

TurboTex

Addicted to Softballfans
we finished top 50 and its our first year and we are moving up to D so with that said you should correct it by saying teams with multiply top 50 finishes

Nothing to correct, if you were top 50, you could have easily competed in D, doesn't matter how long you've been playing.

If by first year you mean no one on the team played tournament ball before this year, then you aren't playing down. But if anyone on the team has experience, then at least 1 person knew there was enough talent to play higher.

I'm not throwing stones, I played E last year, finished top 15, and knew in advance we'd do really well. Only 1 Ga team went to a World in a class higher than E, and I couldn't get on that team, so I played where there was an option.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah but none of those top 50 teams would be able to compete on a national level in D. Teams like pipeline, mcc, queen city, new holland legion, Mohawk would of run ruled a very large portion of the 192 team field. And someone said before, 192 teams, wow, E is killing softball. d worlds has 208 teams and the C's have 98 teams or something so I don't see what the big deal is.

TurboTex

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah but none of those top 50 teams would be able to compete on a national level in D. Teams like pipeline, mcc, queen city, new holland legion, Mohawk would of run ruled a very large portion of the 192 team field. And someone said before, 192 teams, wow, E is killing softball. d worlds has 208 teams and the C's have 98 teams or something so I don't see what the big deal is.

192 teams in 1 of 3 E worlds. Either way, E isn't killing softball, sandbagging makes it worse, though.

And the top 10-15% of D should move up, too.

egibree

Addicted to Softballfans
I gotta give big love to my ri guys both the dirtdawgs and georges pizza....i have been around the block a few times as a player and also umpire....i have been to worlds and i have to say these 2 teams are legit e teams and made a great run through a tough field.......

cp16

Addicted to Softballfans
I love the sandbagging. If I had a chance to sandbag my team I would. There is nothing more I would love to do than to say I am an E world champion. Cuz there is nothing better in life than saying you are the best of the suckiest.
Don't get me wrong, I am an E player and would love the chance to go down to worlds and compete. The sarcastic comment is there for the guys who drop down and play.

gatesnapper

Addicted to Softballfans
I gotta give big love to my ri guys both the dirtdawgs and georges pizza....i have been around the block a few times as a player and also umpire....i have been to worlds and i have to say these 2 teams are legit e teams and made a great run through a tough field.......

i was pumped to hear these teams did so well. All stand up guys, especially on Dirt Dawgz. Wayne (coach) lives for this team and has earned the a 2nd place.

Ups to all the teams from RI.

Dirtbags79

Addicted to Softballfans
"I play for Hooters/CoorsLight we when 3-2 and lost first game in extra innnings to Hard Knocks and then beat Dirty Dawgs,Seeds/Nikita’s Bar & Bistro/Elite,and BYB Bulldogs and then lost to DIRTBAGS. Everyone there was really cool people the only jackass i ran into was the pitcher from the DIRTBAGS. think we finished 49th... was our first time there. "

I am curious to what he did that makes him a jackass??? Was it the fact that he SHUT down the middle everytime you guys hit middle? You want to talk about a jackass, what about the pitcher for your team that shoved our Pitcher at the end of the game when we where shaking hands. What a cheap shot that was!!!

Dirtbags79

Addicted to Softballfans
We knocked out Shamrocks, they were a good group of guys, good team, they just didnt hit well against us. As far as top 50 moving up to D class, we were a first year team and finsihed 25th. We are moving up to D class by choice, but with that said our Usssa Director tries to put teams where they belong. In fact, I dont believe he will have any E teams nxt year unless a new team starts up. All his teams are D and C.

dupeunloaded

Addicted to Softballfans
We knocked out Shamrocks, they were a good group of guys, good team, they just didnt hit well against us. As far as top 50 moving up to D class, we were a first year team and finsihed 25th. We are moving up to D class by choice, but with that said our Usssa Director tries to put teams where they belong. In fact, I dont believe he will have any E teams nxt year unless a new team starts up. All his teams are D and C.

I thought it was the top 10% moves up to D ??? So im not a math wiz but thats what anywere from 17th to 20th or something like that move up to D???

dupeunloaded

Addicted to Softballfans
"I play for Hooters/CoorsLight we when 3-2 and lost first game in extra innnings to Hard Knocks and then beat Dirty Dawgs,Seeds/Nikita’s Bar & Bistro/Elite,and BYB Bulldogs and then lost to DIRTBAGS. Everyone there was really cool people the only jackass i ran into was the pitcher from the DIRTBAGS. think we finished 49th... was our first time there. "

I am curious to what he did that makes him a jackass??? Was it the fact that he SHUT down the middle everytime you guys hit middle? You want to talk about a jackass, what about the pitcher for your team that shoved our Pitcher at the end of the game when we where shaking hands. What a cheap shot that was!!!

Bob is that the Guy that started with Russ And Kal??????

creative10

Banned User
B&K spanks that butt twice an wins no problem 15-2 an 15-6 well deserved

B&K was a registered C team at the beginning of the season.....somehow they r allowed to drop 2 divisions and play E???? There director should b held accountable for that. Sandbagging at its best!!

akabigdaddy13

RAY,what did you do Ray?
I thought it was the top 10% moves up to D ??? So im not a math wiz but thats what anywere from 17th to 20th or something like that move up to D???

everyone on the roster will be considered d players next year Ed. just like our PDR roster from last year.. feist and guttermasters roster as well.

sftballguy

Addicted to Softballfans
All i know is that all weekend long b and k and florida matress was the only 2 teams that was in question and when the word got out florida mattress showed up with a whole diff team on sat but bk wow that team should be assamed of them selfs all i know deep down is that we played our asses off and beat alot of good teams yea we beat bk the day before but tjey were tired and beat up....... i know for myself that the dirt dawgs are the real champions true e team........thanks for the support new england

WITTY16

Starting Player
You will face this every year at worlds a couple of teams always loads up. Talk to your director next year and tell him to research it and ask him why he does allow teams from your area to do it????