MAY98A Review

kseaney

Just an old baller
Did some indoor hitting tonight with the MAY98A.

Balls being used were 44/375 Worth Super Golds and some 44/375 Trump Stotes.

Bat felt and swung exactly like the original version from 2005. The endload feel took me back to the old days. Sweetspot was about the same but the ball came off quicker from the first swing. Line drives were coming off very fast. Barrel felt a little softer than the original.

After about 100 swings the bat had a rattle to it. Ended up getting about 150 cuts on it. I'll use it for ASA over my white toxic when comparing post ABI bats. I see this bat making a comeback. I was surprised at how close it performed to the original model. At 100 swings it was better but at 1000 i really won't know til I get that many on it.

UPDATE:
Have about 500 cuts on this thing now. Rattle is bigger, bat has really opened up. The ball is really jumping off of it. I'll get some of the guys to post some opinions.

Any questions...feel free to ask.

Last edited:

kseaney

Just an old baller
Up to 300 swings on it......still no webbing, bat has a nice rattle going, no paint chipping, sounds really good.

kweiss

Addicted to Softballfans
i won't compare an ASA bat to a non-ASA.
I'm just saying as far as feel, weighting, and swing. Comparing distance wouldn't do anyone any good.

It's my understanding that the May98 is supposed to be an ASA Booger, feel wise.

kseaney

Just an old baller
i will be dropping it at midnight. pics of all the bats will be on the facebook page in the morning. i will add the pics of all of em tomorrow....will post pics of the one i have in hand