Injury thoughts/opinions

NYYanks120

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok I hope this thread doesn't get moved, cuz I know I'll get more hits here....

I got a dilemma....I came to ocean city Maryland for the labor day tournament.....not with my regular team, but basically a pick up team...

Cut to the chase....today is September 3rd....I destroyed my ankle, got carried off field, and taken to hospital because I thought I broke it....

Xrays say it's not broken but a bad sprain, it's swelled up so big...

The kicker.....I leave for worlds on orlando September 12, and our first game is September 15th....so basically 12 days from now

My questions......

It hurts so bad, I cant put any pressure on it, I have a walking boot and crutches...I gotta ice it every 20 minutes....doctor says I should be better in 10-15 days......

Will I be ok? Or does it depend on how I heal personally?

Any advice for severe sprain? Any opinions?

Will I be able to run full speed by the time I have to play?

Is Aleve the best for anti-inflammatory?

I can't get what doctor prescribed because I have no insurance so I will pay a huge bill too.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks guys

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
I did this when I was 17, thought it was broken but severely sprained. Took 2-3 months before I was running 90% on it. Unless you have some kind of miraculous healing ability or it's not as bad as you say I seriously doubt you'll be able to play in two weeks.

ATL Rookie

Manager
I hope you play catcher or EH and can hit a HR every time you get up to bat. Sounds a lot like what I did to mine, 3 torn ligaments and still giving me trouble 4 years later.

NYYanks120

Addicted to Softballfans
I did this when I was 17, thought it was broken but severely sprained. Took 2-3 months before I was running 90% on it. Unless you have some kind of miraculous healing ability or it's not as bad as you say I seriously doubt you'll be able to play in two weeks.
Wow really that long to even be 90% WTF man im screwed

i say listen to the doctor but i'm just an internet doctor
Lol

I hope you play catcher or EH and can hit a HR every time you get up to bat. Sounds a lot like what I did to mine, 3 torn ligaments and still giving me trouble 4 years later.

Nope, I play Center field and bat 2nd. I guess I'm not gonna be able to play worlds. Wow. I'm gonna have a break down

DockEllis

Addicted to Softballfans
Take the brace off after a day or two. Then id fill the tub up with hot water and get you a buck off ice....heat and Iice for rotate for 10 min....get u a good brace u might be able to go for worlds...i wouldnt do anythi ng but walk good luck!

NYYanks120

Addicted to Softballfans
Take the brace off after a day or two. Then id fill the tub up with hot water and get you a buck off ice....heat and Iice for rotate for 10 min....get u a good brace u might be able to go for worlds...i wouldnt do anythi ng but walk good luck!

Wouldn't do anything but walk until Florida u mean?

DockEllis

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry ive been drinking same **** happened to me in high school thought it was broke but if u do the heat and ice, stay off it except walking and get a good brace anf someone to tape u up u should be able to at least play

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
This happened to me in the spring. Probably not as bad but very swollen and bruised. It happened on a Wednesday afternoon and we had NIT Saturday morning. I did hot to cold treatment with Epsom salts in hot tub of water till that morning. It hurt like **** and was black and blue but I played. I'm 25 tho. I guess if you're a bit older it might be rough. My ankle still hurts sometimes. I'm no Dr and don't recommend it, but if you really wanna play, do what you have to do.

skew12

Truth right here.

Forget worlds this year. You'll only cost your team at best. And you might just make your ankle worse.

Did the samething on a patch of ice 2 years ago, and it took almost 10 months before I was 100% again.

slippuller49

Addicted to Softballfans
Ur screwed... Now way u play in 2 weeks... I rolled mine really bad(foot turned black) it took me a month before I could walk with out a limp... I say rest and good luck at worlds next year...

mattgame

Manager
Find out ways to rehab it all day. Heat and ice, some movement, pain relievers etc. Work on it all day for 10 days, 6 hours a day.

NYYanks120

Addicted to Softballfans
This happened to me in the spring. Probably not as bad but very swollen and bruised. It happened on a Wednesday afternoon and we had NIT Saturday morning. I did hot to cold treatment with Epsom salts in hot tub of water till that morning. It hurt like **** and was black and blue but I played. I'm 25 tho. I guess if you're a bit older it might be rough. My ankle still hurts sometimes. I'm no Dr and don't recommend it, but if you really wanna play, do what you have to do.
I'm also 25.....if I can tolerate pain I'm playing.
Truth right here.

Forget worlds this year. You'll only cost your team at best. And you might just make your ankle worse.
No way I can just forget worlds

Did the samething on a patch of ice 2 years ago, and it took almost 10 months before I was 100% again.

Ur screwed... Now way u play in 2 weeks... I rolled mine really bad(foot turned black) it took me a month before I could walk with out a limp... I say rest and good luck at worlds next year...

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
Honestly guy, it was prolly the worst sprain I've had. Rolled it stepping on 1st basemans foot running full speed. Idk how but I played 3 days later. Did the treatments,bought a badass ankle support, and took some anti inflammatory meds. Retard mode kicks in when I'm hurt tho, always has. Just doesn't effect me as much as some. Wish it did cause when I'm older ill prolly be riding a Rascal :(

DSNuts48

Badass
Generally if you can't walk on it you can't run on it.

I'd ask your doctor for guidance. But as an official unofficial slow pitch board medical expert I would say that you should rest as much as possible.

Joker

Generally if you can't walk on it you can't run on it.

I'd ask your doctor for guidance. But as an official unofficial slow pitch board medical expert I would say that you should rest as much as possible.

i don't see you with an official internet medical license *****

SBFMedicalLicanse.jpg

Ok I hope this thread doesn't get moved, cuz I know I'll get more hits here....

I got a dilemma....I came to ocean city Maryland for the labor day tournament.....not with my regular team, but basically a pick up team...

Cut to the chase....today is September 3rd....I destroyed my ankle, got carried off field, and taken to hospital because I thought I broke it....

Xrays say it's not broken but a bad sprain, it's swelled up so big...

The kicker.....I leave for worlds on orlando September 12, and our first game is September 15th....so basically 12 days from now

My questions......

It hurts so bad, I cant put any pressure on it, I have a walking boot and crutches...I gotta ice it every 20 minutes....doctor says I should be better in 10-15 days......

Will I be ok? Or does it depend on how I heal personally?

Any advice for severe sprain? Any opinions?

Will I be able to run full speed by the time I have to play?

Is Aleve the best for anti-inflammatory?

I can't get what doctor prescribed because I have no insurance so I will pay a huge bill too.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks guys

go to walmart and get the equate brand for aleve,just as good and half the price......

josutton00

Addicted to Softballfans
Ur screwed. I messed mine up in college an even with athletic trainers and prescribed inflamatories, tape, ankle braces, rehab every day and electric shock, and ice baths. I was back at 50% in 12 days and trying to play. No push off power and still a horrible limp.

OldManThreeNuts

Catching and batting last
Unless you're a total *****, if it was bad enough to go get x-rays, it's bad enough to need several weeks to heal. I've sprained both ankles badly several times playing middle blocker in college volleyball, and unless you have access to a professional physical therapist every day, your rehab will take much longer than 2 weeks before you're comfortable running on it. At best, you might be able to play catch and judy some with just your arms, no way will you be able to plant and push off to hit... but ultimately it's your body and if the day before worldS gets here and you feel great and have to play, then go play. Reinjury is a ***** though.

I agree.... two weeks is not enough time to heal something you cant put weight on right now....live to play another day.

gregbishere

Shutup just Shutup
I sprained my ankle in the spring season with a collision with a batter. I finished the game but the next day it was swollen as **** and I couldn't put any pressure on it. I also went to get xrays and it was just a bad sprain. Doc told me about 2 weeks to feel better, i had a game in 10 days that I was able to play in. I did alot of the "RICE" treatment - Relax, ice, compression, elevation mixed with therapy in a pool after about 5 days of taking easy and I was able to play in my next game. i play pitcher though not outfield and I was only running at like 85%...

long shot but good luck.