Say what you want that is random Combatants Part 33 1/3

chris21

Addicted to Softballfans
working on stepping up my game this year...in the gym 5 days a week...doing tee work and a bunch of defensive drills...at 36 years old, I have to do all I can to keep up with the young guys..

n8ss03

I got a delivery today.
photobucket-2179-1327537953040.jpg

one is mine ones a teammates .

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I may have had the best Wednesday lunch of my life today...sushi appetizer, followed by toasted goat cheese in tomato sauce with crackers, followed by caviar, followed by a pair of strip steaks, grilled to sub-rare perfection.

n8ss03

I may have had the best Wednesday lunch of my life today...sushi appetizer, followed by toasted goat cheese in tomato sauce with crackers, followed by caviar, followed by a pair of strip steaks, grilled to sub-rare perfection.

and after all that you were still stuck at 120.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have to do my DOD Information Awareness Training today online. Ugh. It's the worst yearly requirement we have. Sooooo lame. I guess I'll be surfing SBF while the videos are 'playing'. :rolleyes:

n8ss03

I have to do my DOD Information Awareness Training today online. Ugh. It's the worst yearly requirement we have. Sooooo lame. I guess I'll be surfing SBF while the videos are 'playing'. :rolleyes:

is it the one where you have to finish the video and take the tests? I used to hate those.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
is it the one where you have to finish the video and take the tests? I used to hate those.

Yeah, it's a cut out of a building and you have to click each room. And each room has like 5 videos and stupid ****. It takes forever.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
****ing Tampa Bay signs Schiano. Very worried for the future of Rutgers football.
Good thing is that he has set up Rutgers to continue to succeed with the right hire. Personally, I think it was a terrible hire by Tampa. Schiano was the right guy for Rutgers, but the bottom line is in 11 years he was still 28-48 in the Big East and never won a conference title. I know he turned things around after his first four years, but even in his last seven he had three losing BE records.

I'll be curious to see who succeeds Schiano. He has put Rutgers in a very good position...now will the administration there hire a guy who will build on it and take Rutgers to that next level. The opportunity is great with WVU leaving for the Big 12.

Yeah, well... The Tigers signed Prince Fielder. I win. :D

Go Tigers!

Is there any doubt who will win the AL Central now? Holy cow. Prince and Miggy in the middle of that lineup will be a terror. I guess they'll switch off playing 1B and DH. Miggy might get a few starts at 3B. My biggest concern with them is a lack of speed outside of Jackson. Detroit will be a station-to-station team for sure.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Good thing is that he has set up Rutgers to continue to succeed with the right hire. Personally, I think it was a terrible hire by Tampa. Schiano was the right guy for Rutgers, but the bottom line is in 11 years he was still 28-48 in the Big East and never won a conference title. I know he turned things around after his first four years, but even in his last seven he had three losing BE records.

I'll be curious to see who succeeds Schiano. He has put Rutgers in a very good position...now will the administration there hire a guy who will build on it and take Rutgers to that next level. The opportunity is great with WVU leaving for the Big 12.

Is there any doubt who will win the AL Central now? Holy cow. Prince and Miggy in the middle of that lineup will be a terror. I guess they'll switch off playing 1B and DH. Miggy might get a few starts at 3B. My biggest concern with them is a lack of speed outside of Jackson. Detroit will be a station-to-station team for sure.
I don't think you realize how bad Rutgers football was before he got there. It was more than the scores or what you saw on the field...the team was an absolute joke on campus, ripped in the school paper and anywhere you looked. One of my favorites (during the anthrax in the mail scare):
A strange white powder was found during the Scarlet Knights football team's practice yesterday. After multiple laboratory tests, it had been determined that the powder was the goal line.
That was from The Daily Targum (Rutgers' official university paper). They couldn't land recruits who lived within walking distance to the stadium. Any decent recruit from NJ ran away from Rutgers. It took a while for that mentality to change, but it had, and this was set to be Rutgers best recruiting class ever. They weren't just getting top recruits from NJ, but from around the country as well.
Those are some big shoes to fill.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I don't think you realize how bad Rutgers football was before he got there. It was more than the scores or what you saw on the field...the team was an absolute joke on campus, ripped in the school paper and anywhere you looked. One of my favorites (during the anthrax in the mail scare):
A strange white powder was found during the Scarlet Knights football team's practice yesterday. After multiple laboratory tests, it had been determined that the powder was the goal line.
That was from The Daily Targum (Rutgers' official university paper). They couldn't land recruits who lived within walking distance to the stadium. Any decent recruit from NJ ran away from Rutgers. It took a while for that mentality to change, but it had, and this was set to be Rutgers best recruiting class ever. They weren't just getting top recruits from NJ, but from around the country as well.
Those are some big shoes to fill.

No, I have a great appreciation for how pitiful the Rutgers program was before Schiano got there. My point was that for all the good that Schiano did for Rutgers, it's not as if RU is losing Saban. He's a very good coach, but I honestly believe there is still room to grow for Rutgers. Greg pulled that program out of the ditch and brought it to respectability. Now it's up to the RU AD to identify and pursue the guy who can build upon what Schiano started and take the Scarlet Knights to the next level. This next hire will make or break RU. Get the right guy, and RU can take the next step in the Big East. Go on the cheap and just hire somebody, and RU will be set back 10 years...at the minimum.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
No, I have a great appreciation for how pitiful the Rutgers program was before Schiano got there. My point was that for all the good that Schiano did for Rutgers, it's not as if RU is losing Saban. He's a very good coach, but I honestly believe there is still room to grow for Rutgers. Greg pulled that program out of the ditch and brought it to respectability. Now it's up to the RU AD to identify and pursue the guy who can build upon what Schiano started and take the Scarlet Knights to the next level. This next hire will make or break RU. Get the right guy, and RU can take the next step in the Big East. Go on the cheap and just hire somebody, and RU will be set back 10 years...at the minimum.

No, it's not like we're losing Saban, but would someone like Saban ever take the job at Rutgers? NJ is a pretty ****ty state, between the ridiculously high cost of living, and all the other bull**** that goes on here. And it's not like the program has a history that will attract good coaches.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
No, it's not like we're losing Saban, but would someone like Saban ever take the job at Rutgers? NJ is a pretty ****ty state, between the ridiculously high cost of living, and all the other bull**** that goes on here. And it's not like the program has a history that will attract good coaches.

Historically, yes, but there are a lot of folks touting this as the best recruiting class ever at RU. There is something to build on at Rutgers now that hasn't been there before. I'll wait to see who they hire before assuming the SKs will be headed back to the pre-Schiano doldrums.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Historically, yes, but there are a lot of folks touting this as the best recruiting class ever at RU. There is something to build on at Rutgers now that hasn't been there before. I'll wait to see who they hire before assuming the SKs will be headed back to the pre-Schiano doldrums.

They've never had a class like this. Highest ranked recruit I can remember is probably Anthony Davis.

I'm worried about what happens to these recruits. Several are on record as saying that they're reevaluating their choice.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
They've never had a class like this. Highest ranked recruit I can remember is probably Anthony Davis.

I'm worried about what happens to these recruits. Several are on record as saying that they're reevaluating their choice.

Any leads on a replacement yet? You guys should come after LSU's OC :D.