shin guards for pitchers

jimjones

Banned User
pretty sure i am going to be wearing shin guards while pitching this season. not looking for anything too big or bulky, looking for something to wear under my pants, even fit under a pair of baseball socks to hold the guards in place. post pics of links to whhat you suggest

JoinTheUprising

Addicted to Softballfans
i use these
E44876_Adidas_Shinguards_Black_Awes.jpg

StealthyGuy

Addicted to Softballfans
In higher rec ball you might wanna protect your knees too. I just blew up a pitcher with a shot that took a mean hop and popped him right below his knee cap as he lifted his leg to move out of the way. IJS, protect your legs. Our pitcher wears a full on catchers shin/knee guards and a face mask.

trent42

The Nation
Look on lacrosse monkey. The goalie shin guards are nice. They are a lightweight foam and work great. I am 6'5 and they go from the top of my shoe to just below the knee.

Vicfonz

Coach
Bought some for like $15 bux..I don't even notice they are there....Im Looking into the worth face mask/helmet next..

brocstar

Addicted to Softballfans
Did they help out Saturday? Man that was a mean shot you took. Fyi I did not like that they did that.

Which one? I got hit in my thigh, my shin(didnt have them on cause i was told 2 seconds before the 3rd inning started.), or the one by my own tourney teammate(j.gill) on the top of my foot.

all p rods

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
Mikasa and Addidas are the ones I have. They have the sturup that goes under your foot and velcro strap on top that wraps around your leg. Stay in place all day. Never take off during games.

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
Have taken one shot to the shin. Everyone heard it hit, and thought for sure a bone broke. I just pulled up my pant leg a little so they could see the Makasa. Never felt a thing. But it shattered the plastic

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
best shin guard in the world.....
images

When will people understand there are some shots that you will NOT get your glove on..
I want some shin guards but it is so damn hot here I don't know how long I would be able to tolerate them.. I have been thinking about wearing a mask at third though.

brocstar

Addicted to Softballfans
When will people understand there are some shots that you will NOT get your glove on..
I want some shin guards but it is so damn hot here I don't know how long I would be able to tolerate them.. I have been thinking about wearing a mask at third though.

I live in Arizona and I wear mask and shinsguatds and sometimes a padded shirt(dirtbiking roost deflector.)

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Adidas field hockey.....well vented and padded nicely. Go from just above the foot to just below the knee and still fit under your pants (unless you're still wearing the 80's nut huggers). Once used to them you will barely notice they are there.....and nobody else will notice they are there.

Soccer shin guards are better than nothing, but that's about it. If you get hit directly you will still have bruising and pain with them.....but still much less than if you had no protection. These field hockey ones are far superior to the soccer ones.

If you only play 1 league game a night, get the most protection you can....but if you play tourney ball where you play several games in a day, take vetillation into consideration. Also, the ones that go under your socks and under your foot are harder to take off in between games.

southpaw15

Addicted to Softballfans
Shin Guards

If you're pitching and playing tournaments, the best shin guards I've used are catcher's style guards. If you can get to a Play it Again or something similar, buy a pair of Youth or Adult shin guards. Cut off the knee guard and the foot pad and they fit under your pants just fine. You will probably have to take them off in between innings or when you hit though. Don't take protection lightly when it comes to this! Blood clots and hairline fractures are no joke. It's much better to be protected than have nothing at all.

In all honesty, who cares what people say about anyone wearing a mask or shin guards. I have a job to go to Monday morning and that's what pays the bills. I want to have fun and be competitive, so a little protection is peace of mind. The best mask I've tried thus far is a Lacrosse helmet because it can be strapped up tight and protect you better.

Best of luck to everyone toeing the rubber this year!

DBO20

Addicted to Softballfans
Bean, I have been looking at those Lacrosse helmets. They look light and snug. I don't want you over grown fools taking my head off haha.

I use soccer shin guards. I have never tried anything else but like them b/c I can wear them all day without even noticing they are there.

Pinky12

I love teh PINK!
i wore soccer shin guards for years and took a couple to the shins in that time and it still hurt like heck and bruised for months. with the carpenters knee pads from home depot for 1/3 the price i don't even feel it when I'm hit. yes a little bulky but worth it for being able to walk the next day.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I am talking about for tournaments.. I am not too worried about league.

I used to have that philosophy.....and I have been hit more in league than tourneys. Our league is actually pretty competitive though filled mostly with tourney players.

I wear the field hockey ones all day in tourneys. I'm not exactly in the best shape so I sweat a lot with them but I don't notice them at all with long socks worn under them. I actually have to remember to take them off between games to air out a little.