WTF is wrong with me!!!???

squirt

strokin and swingin
How the hell do I clear my head before a game? Seriously, batting practice whether it is live pitching or off the tee, I get great results. Live pitching I can paint the field with hard line shots or go yard if I need to. BUT COME THE GAME, I hit either mile high pop-ups or weak dribblers...

One thing I have noticed is if I don't think some bp swings right before the game, my results and average go WAY DOWN... I've tried banging a fat chick before games, but sometimes that's just a wasted effort and it doesn't help at all...:mad:

I am in a major slump right now and need some way to get out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

squirt

strokin and swingin
Maybe you should try 2 fat chicks or possibly a fat old chick?

No way man, fat chicks tend to get clingy... I have one now that won't stop hounding me...:mad:

and old fat chicks are way too wrinkled... Been there done that too.. eeeeeeeewwwwww

shipe35

Addicted to Softballfans
honestly I was in your spot last year. Take a huge breath through your nose and out through your mouth when you are about to get up to bat and get into your stance.

IBUNT

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe you just need incentive... Tell a chubby that if you suck it up at ball tonight, she gets to have her way with you.....

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
Couple beers should do the trick. I'm a.d.d. so my script keeps my batting average way up there.

hevyd258

Addicted to Softballfans
Was here 2 weeks ago. There is no secret. Just gotta hit through it!!! It is one of the most frustrating things!!!

6_Point_Bull

Addicted to Softballfans
You are telling yourself you are going to hit a dribbler or a popup before you even step in right? Just in your head. Been there many times...keep your hands high & don't place the ball, after you hit a few liners you'll be back in the groove.

squirt

strokin and swingin
Maybe you just need incentive... Tell a chubby that if you suck it up at ball tonight, she gets to have her way with you.....

I think we may have a winner... I just cringed just thinking about what this chubbster would do to me...:eek:

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
Swinging too hard, trying to do too much with the ball, and different mentality.

Also, in BP you can get in a groove whereas in a game you do not really get enough cuts.

Kramit

I am in a slump too. Just stop thinking about it and just do.it. I have happy feet right now.but i.went 2-3 last game so I think I am out of it. It happens to me every season.

dremersvision

Addicted to Softballfans
You are trying to hard. Get back to a point where you are telling yourself mentally that this is something you are doing for pure joy. When i try to hard i hit crappy, When im relaxed i hit bombs.

Dysfunctional

Don't be hatin'
Wear a pink batting helmet... you'll laugh at yourself along with everyone else and RELAX.

It's 90% mental and you're in your own head. You need to find something that gets you to relax come game time.

Last edited:

Addicted to Softballfans
If bangin the fat chick ain't working, maybe she should bang you? Just teasin bro. This is SLOW pitch softball, no need to get all tense and stressed out. Just relax, have fun, and the hits will come.

froglodge32

Addicted to Softballfans
I get the same way, I hit fine in bp but I games I think and try to do to much when I hit. One of the best things I've found is taking a deep breath like someone said in an earlier post and I listen to music when I'm off the field I always have the iPhone and headphones with me come softball season.

-Six-

Weiner
How the hell do I clear my head before a game? Seriously, batting practice whether it is live pitching or off the tee, I get great results. Live pitching I can paint the field with hard line shots or go yard if I need to. BUT COME THE GAME, I hit either mile high pop-ups or weak dribblers...

One thing I have noticed is if I don't think some bp swings right before the game, my results and average go WAY DOWN... I've tried banging a fat chick before games, but sometimes that's just a wasted effort and it doesn't help at all...:mad:

I am in a major slump right now and need some way to get out of it.

ha, i came here to post this same thing, minus the fat chick. I cant get my head right in game. Still getting hits but no power or pop on the ball. My timing is waaay off. getting frustrated only made it worse. haha. This thread helped already though.

MaverickAH

honestly I was in your spot last year. Take a huge breath through your nose and out through your mouth when you are about to get up to bat and get into your stance.

Are you talking about the fat chick or the game???:p:p:eek:

I see the problem that the OP is talking about all the time. A lot of guys are BP heroes because there's no one trying to stop them during BP! They get into the actual game & they lose their focus on the pitch becuase they involuntarily take their eyes off the ball to check the field while they're swinging.

Keep your focus on the pitch from them moment it leaves the pitcher's hand until you make contact. Just concentrate on hitting the ball hard & you'll swing your way out of the slump.

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
If you hit the ball hard it doesn't matter were the fielders are, they're going to have to make a great play to get it. So just hit it hard and stop thinking.