Not mad or butthurt, but i am jealous!

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Was wondering how guys play 3-4 night a week/travel a few times a month and still hold down a good job? I wish I could play every night, but with work, kid, lady, house work.. Can't pull off more that twice a week!

No butthurt: Just wondering how guys swing it. What people do for work... How to keep the peace at home.. Etc. Not asking college guy living at home...

oppo

Coach
I work 55-60 hours a week and play 3 nights a week and some tournaments on weekends. My youngest is 18 and plays on my league teams so that helps and the wife has even started playing coed. If I had little kids playing LL and stuff, it would be different. As for work, I just start early and stay late on nights I am not playing. Also, our earliest games are at 7:00 and I often keep my stuff with and head to the field straight from work.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
I played 7 days a week before I got married.

Got married, went down to 4 days

Had a kid, lost another day and tournies altogether

Had another kid, now I play one day a week.

These were all my choices alone

Regrets? Nope

stickywicky

Addicted to Softballfans
i worked midnights 11pm-7am and every 3rd weekend. single, no kids and had a blast......

now i work for the railroad make great money but have no life, only get to play ball 1-3 days a week if i'm lucky other than that, play with my toys and hit off my tee in the garage.

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
My wife loves watching sports. We don't have kids yet but I'm sure she will not mind keeping it going. I only play 1 night a week but 3-4 weekends a month I am playing. When church ball is done we will switch to two nights a week (1 for me/1 for coed so she can play).... my BIL on the other hand gets to play 2x a year (his wife is anti-sports)

usmcluberti

Banned User
My wife loves watching sports. We don't have kids yet but I'm sure she will not mind keeping it going. I only play 1 night a week but 3-4 weekends a month I am playing. When church ball is open we will switch to two nights a week (1 for me/1 for coed so she can play).... my BIL on the other hand gets to play 2x a year (his wife is anti-sports)

yeah, I thought so too :eek:

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
I could play that much, but spending time with my wife and kids is more important.

This for sure. Two nights per week and one tourney per month is about my max, especially with kids in ball. I only have so much time with them while they are young and impressionable. I don't want to look back and say "I wish I had spent more time with my kids". I don't care if I look back and say "I wish I spent more time playing softball".

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
I played 7 days a week before I got married.

Got married, went down to 4 days

Had a kid, lost another day and tournies altogether

Had another kid, now I play one day a week.

These were all my choices alone

Regrets? Nope

Same for me. That's how it goes.

Wupang

530sports.net
I never stop working or playing or watching my twins...also I never sleep..but worth it to play 3 nights a week and 2 weekends a month! Helps that works is play alot of the time! Also hold down a part time job bartending the nights I don't play or have tournaments, since I am the bar manager and set the schedule!

686smog

Addicted to Softballfans
I play 4 nights a week and tourneys. I am a repairmen for AT&T. The key to playing a lot of ball is to not have kids. Lol

Teabag Jenkins

Addicted to Softballfans
4 boys and married=making rec ball when I can. Son asked me to coach next year which probably=no ball for awhile.

Regrets? Nope

jazlar

Addicted to Softballfans
7 kids (4 in ball), wife, one vehicle, full time job and I'm playing 5 days a week this year plus the odd tournament. Last 4 years have been 5, 6, 4, and 5. Wife plays co-ed 3 pitch with me one night, but that's it. She scorekeeps and helps me run my Sunday team. She usually helps scorekeep our Tuesday team when she can be there. She'll even offer to help scorekeep fast pitch when she's there. And 2 years ago she was the one to convince me to go back to fast pitch (2 nights a week).

Honestly, I am amazed how we make it work. I do end up getting dropped off early some nights so she can get the kids to ball, and we have them playing where all games are at the same complex. And during the winter it is bowling and one night of winter ball in a golf dome. Not to mention all the equipment I buy for bowling and baseball.

Pitch Perfect

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I work midnights Sun-Thur. I can't play any night except Friday, and I don't so i can spend the time with my fiance and our son. She also doesn't ***** when I play 3 weekends a month that way

aztecas

Addicted to Softballfans
play 3 nights a week,2 times a month on tourneys,married for 7 years, i have a 3 yr old girl, and work in construction(drywall)........keep the wife happy by taking her out to eat one day before tourney and cleaning the house,washing dishes during the week;)

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
I play twice a week and that's pushing it. During the summer it is easier as my kids aren't playing baseball.
Tourneys are few and far between currently. Usually durin the winter they pick up for me

DanGer1285

Addicted to Softballfans
I volunteer for awful hours at work in order to get hours off for softball, I play 3 nights/week (sometimes 4 if sub needed somewhere) and 1-2 tournaments/month.

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
This for sure. Two nights per week and one tourney per month is about my max, especially with kids in ball. I only have so much time with them while they are young and impressionable. I don't want to look back and say "I wish I had spent more time with my kids". I don't care if I look back and say "I wish I spent more time playing softball".

Yeah...I play a double header on Sunday and 3 tourneys a year. Your kids are only small once and I don't want to miss any of it...because before you know it they will be grown and gone.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
I work for AT&T or as I call it the evil empire! My shifts change from week to week, and only get one weekend a month off. I have no set time off, so I only play on one team solid and sub once a week. I have to beg , cheat, and steal to get off work for early games at 6:30. I enjoy the fam, and have no regrets .. Just wanted to know how others pulled it off!

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
4 nights a week and some tournies. i am a 8-5 accountant. fiance plays with me on mondays and comes along to the mens games the rest of the time. no kids.

i was thinking another thread may be in order just to see what everyone does for work. i was getting curious.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Right now I'm playing 3 days a week and pretty much every Saturday and the wife is ok with that. Our first child is due in January and I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with 2 days a week and every other weekend.