College Football 2012 Thread

browns99

Addicted to Softballfans
I would guess due to the schedule Florida has played so far this year. Also maybe the fact also that they can hold top 25 teams under 45 points a game also..

Yes I fully agree that WVU needs to get a lot better on defense. I will give UF credit that they have played better recently but i still cant get past how they looked early on. It looked like a rebuilding year imo. My point is they beat an overrated LSU team, a team that has benefitted from high pre-season ranking. Who has looked mediocre of late. When it comes down to it I think it because they play in the SEC. Which is the best football conference but sometimes teams get a pass just for that fact. This is just another fan giving there far from expert opinion. Lol

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
This is why I want Richt gone... his team craps their pants any time they play another team with a pulse

CMR+record.jpg

The calls for Richt's head are louder than ever inside Georgia's fanbase. But honestly, I don't see Georgia cutting bait with him. I feel that the athletic department is more committed to profit margin than winning a national championship. And until the big money donors tire w/ Richt, he will remain in charge. The gift schedules given from the SEC the last two years will ensure that they will remain happy with 9-10 wins against inferior teams.

Mark Richt has become Georgia's version of John Cooper. Winning enough to be a little better than average but never a serious contender to win it all. There is absolutely no reason why a school inside a state with the 4th best talent to struggle like it has.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
True. Good call.

See above.

Still waiting for the suprise. Maybe its in my Count Chokula cereal. :D

Still waiting til Florida plays South Carolina to see if they really are legit or LSU was just that overhyped.

Those are good, but I like Boo Berry more:D

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
This is why I want Richt gone... his team craps their pants any time they play another team with a pulse

CMR+record.jpg

The calls for Richt's head are louder than ever inside Georgia's fanbase. But honestly, I don't see Georgia cutting bait with him. I feel that the athletic department is more committed to profit margin than winning a national championship. And until the big money donors tire w/ Richt, he will remain in charge. The gift schedules given from the SEC the last two years will ensure that they will remain happy with 9-10 wins against inferior teams.

Mark Richt has become Georgia's version of John Cooper. Winning enough to be a little better than average but never a serious contender to win it all. There is absolutely no reason why a school inside a state with the 4th best talent to struggle like it has.

Some of your best talent does get away. Also, it seemed to me that UGA played better, especially on D, without Rambo and Ogletree. Think them coming back could be a distraction to the team?

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes I fully agree that WVU needs to get a lot better on defense. I will give UF credit that they have played better recently but i still cant get past how they looked early on. It looked like a rebuilding year imo. My point is they beat an overrated LSU team, a team that has benefitted from high pre-season ranking. Who has looked mediocre of late. When it comes down to it I think it because they play in the SEC. Which is the best football conference but sometimes teams get a pass just for that fact. This is just another fan giving there far from expert opinion. Lol

If WVU wins out, there is a good chance of them making the BCSNCG.

UF, USCe, and Bama will all take care of themselves, at minimum 2 of them will have 1 loss, potentially all 3. Oregon still has to play USC, possibly twice, Stanford, and Or. St. Point being, there is a lot of football left, and anything can happen.

Come back to the polls Nov. 4th, they will look a lot different

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
Still waiting til Florida plays South Carolina to see if they really are legit or LSU was just that overhyped.

Who knows. I know you always seem to think Florida is overhyped though.

Ive had some questions for you. After years of hating on UF's offense ( I believe it was you) how do you feel now that your team is running the spread? I have watched a few of your games, and it seems to me like if the defenses just focus on Braxton, and stop his running, the whole offense would die. The problem being, Im not sure any of the Big 10 defenses are fast enough on the whole to do that.

I will say this, I loved the spread when Urban had it, but it always seemed like it was a recruiting and tactical disadvantage against fast powerful teams (Like Bama.) Granted there arent many of those though. I am THRILLED that Florida is now a Bama like team with the style of defense and offense. I feel it is a much more sustainable way to build your team. Out with the small fast guys, in the the big strong fast guys who are monsters.

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
IMO they wont fire Richt yet. The boosters may be angry, but it will cost them the money to fire him. Also, who does Georgia really have a shot to get HC wise? Richt is pretty safe. You know he will win 8-9 games a year, and not be a PR nightmare.

CMR+record.jpg

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
If WVU wins out, there is a good chance of them making the BCSNCG.

UF, USCe, and Bama will all take care of themselves, at minimum 2 of them will have 1 loss, potentially all 3. Oregon still has to play USC, possibly twice, Stanford, and Or. St. Point being, there is a lot of football left, and anything can happen.

Come back to the polls Nov. 4th, they will look a lot different

Oh ya I agree. IMO Florida is no way the 4th best team in the country. Their defense is able to beat anyone, the offense is just still so young, there are bound to have a let down game or two, and lose to a team they have no business losing to. But then again, they have a good chance and are capable of winning out also, I just dont see it happening.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans

Ive had some questions for you. After years of hating on UF's offense ( I believe it was you) how do you feel now that your team is running the spread? I have watched a few of your games, and it seems to me like if the defenses just focus on Braxton, and stop his running, the whole offense would die. The problem being, Im not sure any of the Big 10 defenses are fast enough on the whole to do that.

I will say this, I loved the spread when Urban had it, but it always seemed like it was a recruiting and tactical disadvantage against fast powerful teams (Like Bama.) Granted there arent many of those though. I am THRILLED that Florida is now a Bama like team with the style of defense and offense. I feel it is a much more sustainable way to build your team. Out with the small fast guys, in the the big strong fast guys who are monsters.

After years of hating Saban, does it kill you to know that your HC is a Saban protoge, and following the Saban process to winning?:D

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh ya I agree. IMO Florida is no way the 4th best team in the country. Their defense is able to beat anyone, the offense is just still so young, there are bound to have a let down game or two, and lose to a team they have no business losing to. But then again, they have a good chance and are capable of winning out also, I just dont see it happening.

They remind me of the 2008 Bama team, the ran the table in the regular season, and lost to UF in SECCG. Everyone expected them to win 9-10 games, and they pulled a couple out of their ass that made you go:eek:, just hope they don't pull what Bama did against Utah in the Sugar Bowl

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
After years of hating Saban, does it kill you to know that your HC is a Saban protoge, and following the Saban process to winning?:D

No not really honestly. Saban does a lot of things great, but does a lot of things I highly disagree with also. Luckily, Will seems to not do any of those things I disagree with. Also, I think the whole Saban protege thing is overblown with Will. He really doesnt seem to care for Nick honestly.

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
They remind me of the 2008 Bama team, the ran the table in the regular season, and lost to UF in SECCG. Everyone expected them to win 9-10 games, and they pulled a couple out of their ass that made you go:eek:, just hope they don't pull what Bama did against Utah in the Sugar Bowl

Hell if UF's season mimicked Bamas in 08, I would take it! Well, minus the subpar showing against Utah ;)

That 08 SECCG was epic. IMO one of the best SEC games in a long time. So much talent on the field in that game. How many Bama players from that team are in the NFL now?

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Hell if UF's season mimicked Bamas in 08, I would take it! Well, minus the subpar showing against Utah ;)

That 08 SECCG was epic. IMO one of the best SEC games in a long time. So much talent on the field in that game. How many Bama players from that team are in the NFL now?

No kidding, although I preferred the 09 game:D

7 so far, with Barret Jones, Robert Lester, and Michael Williams still playing at Bama

In NFL--Mark Barron, Terrence Cody, Marcell Dareus, Don'ta Hightower, Mark Ingram, Julio Jones, Courtney Upshaw

UF has to have more from that game

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
No not really honestly. Saban does a lot of things great, but does a lot of things I highly disagree with also. Luckily, Will seems to not do any of those things I disagree with. Also, I think the whole Saban protege thing is overblown with Will. He really doesnt seem to care for Nick honestly.

I don't think WM cares too much for anyone he has to coach/recruit against

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
Some of your best talent does get away. Also, it seemed to me that UGA played better, especially on D, without Rambo and Ogletree. Think them coming back could be a distraction to the team?

Rambo is living off his past reputation, was out of position several times against USCe. Ogletree has been playing good, no complaints with him at all.

The defense is loaded with players that probably will be playing on Sundays. Normally I would think that suspensions are a distraction but Georgia deals with it every year. They are the most undisciplined team on and off the field.

Luthershot

I am overrated

This years Ohio State team isn't built for the spread. No true H back, and the receivers may be fast, but they don't make many guys miss.
I was skeptical of the spread at first, but Meyers version uses more power run type plays than a lot of other spreads. The past two games Ohio State has close to 600 yards rushing. If they can keep running like that as a team, I think they could do fine against power teams.

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
IMO they wont fire Richt yet. The boosters may be angry, but it will cost them the money to fire him. Also, who does Georgia really have a shot to get HC wise? Richt is pretty safe. You know he will win 8-9 games a year, and not be a PR nightmare.

Actually the contract extension Richt just received is a lot friendlier to the school as far as termination. The whole PR thing is overstated IMO, are there really that many coaches out there that win and are a PR nightmare?

I'd rather see them take a chance on somebody seeking glory and fail then settle for a coach who has demonstrated that he can't take the team higher. If you are not in it to win the whole thing why even bother? They should apply for the ACC if they want to settle for mediocrity.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually the contract extension Richt just received is a lot friendlier to the school as far as termination. The whole PR thing is overstated IMO, are there really that many coaches out there that win and are a PR nightmare?

I'd rather see them take a chance on somebody seeking glory and fail then settle for a coach who has demonstrated that he can't take the team higher. If you are not in it to win the whole thing why even bother? They should apply for the ACC if they want to settle for mediocrity.

Petrino comes to mind

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
Petrino comes to mind

Beyond him? It's not like a majority of coaches stain their university's image. Georgia is paralyzed right now by the fear of the unknown.

The President of the University should be able to trust his AD to hire someone who can win championships and not be an ass. If he doesn't, then he made a bad hire himself in hiring an AD who isn't competent in his job.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Beyond him? It's not like a majority of coaches stain their university's image. Georgia is paralyzed right now by the fear of the unknown.

The President of the University should be able to trust his AD to hire someone who can win championships and not be an ass. If he doesn't, then he made a bad hire himself in hiring an AD who isn't competent in his job.

Not any I can think of, was more of a jab than anything:D

Umm, I think Saban can be an ass sometimes. Bear Bryant had been known to be quick with the media too

Last edited by a moderator:

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
No doubt Saban can be an ass :D but I meant more in the way that people would look down on a program because of the behavior of the coach. Saban's winning % absolves his chippy behavior w/ the media.

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
Wow what a tard....

Weis Holds KU Practice Without Seniors

Charlie Weis' tenure at Kansas has gotten off to a rough start as the Jayhawks are 1-4 on the 2012 season. Still, it's much too early for KU to give up
on its season. Right?

Well, Weis is apparently more of a pragmatist. He announced during Monday's Big 12 conference call that on Sunday he only practiced with players who will be on next year's team. That's right, a football practice with no seniors.
"We practiced without seniors Sunday. We need to develop younger players for the future," Weis said. He also clarified that while the seniors didn't practice they did spend the day running and lifting weights.

While we understand the need to give younger players more playing time, it doesn't seem fair for seniors to be cut out of practice after they put three-and-a-half years of their lives into the program. If the Jayhawks come out flat in their Saturday home game against Oklahoma State, look no further than this baffling coaching tactic as the reason why.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans

I wouldn't mind it that way when Georgia beats UNC I can rub it in to my Mother-in-law and my wife's stepdad's face. :D

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Those are good, but I like Boo Berry more:D
Them is good too. :D

It's kind of funny. I hated on the spread and you swore an NFL straight I formation offense was dumb. Now we have switched offenses. I'm still praying he doesn't get us in trouble, but I do love what Urban Meyer has done for recruiting and for the offense. I almost wish I could have Urban coach offense and Tressel coach defense and I think we'd be untouchable. To be fair, our linebackers are kinda so-so and our safeties need some SERIOUS help. He has recruits coming in next year that should help some of that, but we'll see.

I am usually pretty harsh on Florida but I think they look good this year. I like the way Muschamp has brought them along. They literally seem to be getting better week to week. Your O Line looked really good against one of the better D Lines in the country. Im still not sure about the defense, not because I doubt them but because I wasn't convinced LSU's offense was any good. I will get a much better feel for your defense against Connor Shaw. He's playing pretty damn good right now.

Braxton is a pretty rare kid. He's fast, is more solid than he looks, and because he does so much, the running back gets a lot of yards (4 TDs against Nebraska). It also opens up play action passing. He still has some work to do on his passing. I still think he's already better than Denard Robinson but I may be biased. :D

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
This years Ohio State team isn't built for the spread. No true H back, and the receivers may be fast, but they don't make many guys miss.
I was skeptical of the spread at first, but Meyers version uses more power run type plays than a lot of other spreads. The past two games Ohio State has close to 600 yards rushing. If they can keep running like that as a team, I think they could do fine against power teams.

True. He doesn't have nearly the kind of receivers he wants, but the receivers and tight ends have played a million times better than last year already. I'm really impressed with what he has done in a relatively short amount of time with what had to be one of the worst offensive teams in the country last year.

Braxton Miller has to go to bed every night and thank God Urban Meyer is his coach. (We just have to pray he's not selling memorabilia). :eek: Too early? :D:D