College Football 2012 Thread

joee5

Addicted to Softballfans
boomboom.gif

he's like, "wtf?" lol

MDUmp

Addicted to Softballfans
Them is good too. :D

It's kind of funny. I hated on the spread and you swore an NFL straight I formation offense was dumb. Now we have switched offenses. I'm still praying he doesn't get us in trouble, but I do love what Urban Meyer has done for recruiting and for the offense. I almost wish I could have Urban coach offense and Tressel coach defense and I think we'd be untouchable. To be fair, our linebackers are kinda so-so and our safeties need some SERIOUS help. He has recruits coming in next year that should help some of that, but we'll see.

I am usually pretty harsh on Florida but I think they look good this year. I like the way Muschamp has brought them along. They literally seem to be getting better week to week. Your O Line looked really good against one of the better D Lines in the country. Im still not sure about the defense, not because I doubt them but because I wasn't convinced LSU's offense was any good. I will get a much better feel for your defense against Connor Shaw. He's playing pretty damn good right now.

Braxton is a pretty rare kid. He's fast, is more solid than he looks, and because he does so much, the running back gets a lot of yards (4 TDs against Nebraska). It also opens up play action passing. He still has some work to do on his passing. I still think he's already better than Denard Robinson but I may be biased. :D

Will you take Paul Haynes back?? PLEASE!!!!

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
Them is good too. :D

It's kind of funny. I hated on the spread and you swore an NFL straight I formation offense was dumb. Now we have switched offenses. I'm still praying he doesn't get us in trouble, but I do love what Urban Meyer has done for recruiting and for the offense. I almost wish I could have Urban coach offense and Tressel coach defense and I think we'd be untouchable. To be fair, our linebackers are kinda so-so and our safeties need some SERIOUS help. He has recruits coming in next year that should help some of that, but we'll see.

I am usually pretty harsh on Florida but I think they look good this year. I like the way Muschamp has brought them along. They literally seem to be getting better week to week. Your O Line looked really good against one of the better D Lines in the country. Im still not sure about the defense, not because I doubt them but because I wasn't convinced LSU's offense was any good. I will get a much better feel for your defense against Connor Shaw. He's playing pretty damn good right now.

Braxton is a pretty rare kid. He's fast, is more solid than he looks, and because he does so much, the running back gets a lot of yards (4 TDs against Nebraska). It also opens up play action passing. He still has some work to do on his passing. I still think he's already better than Denard Robinson but I may be biased. :D

I really dont think you have to worry about Urban getting you in trouble. I know you guys on here, and especially you, always seemed to think Urban was some terrible recruiting sleezebag, but he has been clean so far. I know its only what he said, but he said part of his issues with CFB was all the cheating going on at other schools in the SEC recruiting wise, and him not being willing to partake in that.

USC will be an interesting game. I think we should be able to hold our own. Again, UF and USC are both not as good as they have looked, and not as bad as they have looked. Lots of sorting out still left to go this year.

MDUmp

Addicted to Softballfans
I really dont think you have to worry about Urban getting you in trouble. I know you guys on here, and especially you, always seemed to think Urban was some terrible recruiting sleezebag, but he has been clean so far. I know its only what he said, but he said part of his issues with CFB was all the cheating going on at other schools in the SEC recruiting wise, and him not being willing to partake in that.

Yeah...and Paterno said he couldn't leave the game to the likes of Switzer and Sherrill. We see how that turned out for him. :rolleyes:

MDUmp

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow..Georgia hasnt beaten a team with more than 8 wins since 2007...how is that possible?

My guess would be they score less than the other team, but it is only a hunch. :eek:

Did you know USCe has NEVER beat an Arkansas team that finished with a winning record?

Luthershot

I am overrated
True. He doesn't have nearly the kind of receivers he wants, but the receivers and tight ends have played a million times better than last year already. I'm really impressed with what he has done in a relatively short amount of time with what had to be one of the worst offensive teams in the country last year.

Braxton Miller has to go to bed every night and thank God Urban Meyer is his coach. (We just have to pray he's not selling memorabilia). :eek: Too early? :D:D

Yes, huge improvements. But each game it seems they lapse back to last season for a few plays..... too many dropped balls still.

I don't think Meyer could have a better qb for his offense, that is in college now. It would of been scary to see Cam under Meyer....although some of what makes Miller so dangerous is ability to make guys miss. His change of direction is amazing for a qb.

bullet29

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow..Georgia hasnt beaten a team with more than 8 wins since 2007...how is that possible?

and if Richt remains as coach it that streak will continue

EDIT* Georgia beat Tech in '09 when the Nerds finished 11-3. Does beating an 11 win ACC team count? ;)

Last edited:

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
and if Richt remains as coach it that streak will continue

EDIT* Georgia beat Tech in '09 when the Nerds finished 11-3. Does beating an 11 win ACC team count? ;)

About as much as winning a medal in the special olympics

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah...and Paterno said he couldn't leave the game to the likes of Switzer and Sherrill. We see how that turned out for him. :rolleyes:

Beat me to it. Amazing that sCam went to UF for free, and was 180-200K for MSU and Auburn:confused:

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
Yes, huge improvements. But each game it seems they lapse back to last season for a few plays..... too many dropped balls still.

I don't think Meyer could have a better qb for his offense, that is in college now. It would of been scary to see Cam under Meyer....although some of what makes Miller so dangerous is ability to make guys miss. His change of direction is amazing for a qb.

I couldn't imagine Cam would have been better than Tebow. But on the other hand, if Cam stayed at UF, a lot of things could have been a lot different.

Luthershot

I am overrated
I couldn't imagine Cam would have been better than Tebow. But on the other hand, if Cam stayed at UF, a lot of things could have been a lot different.

Tebow was great in that offense, but he didn't have break away speed. Cam could run for those tough yards, plus could run away from the defense. But, we will never know.

I'm interested to see if Miller remains healthy if one year he can match Tebow's 51 tds, running and passing.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
For this week I got the following

OU over Texas
ND over Stanford(after which ND will move up to 4th on polls, becuase they are ND:rolleyes:)
USCe over LSU
TA&M over LaTech
Tenn over Miss St.
BYU over Or. St.

No other games really worth paying attention to, unless it is the team you root for

JohnnysLounge14

GO IRISH!!!
For this week I got the following

OU over Texas
ND over Stanford(after which ND will move up to 4th on polls, becuase they are ND:rolleyes:)
USCe over LSU
TA&M over LaTech
Tenn over Miss St.
BYU over Or. St.

No other games really worth paying attention to, unless it is the team you root for

I got TX, ND, USCe, LaTech, Miss. St, Or ST. However since I'm not an SEC blowhard, I'll only be paying attention to STAN vs. ND, TAMU vs LaTech hoping LaTech gets a win, because **** TAMU and the SEC, and BYU vs Or. St.

Furthermore, ND will not move up to 4th if they win, the only way they move up is if one of the top 6 lose. Remember they don't play in the SEC. Even if they did move up, it would be warranted.

This thread should be renamed as well, to The SEC 2012. Because no one else matters. :rolleyes:

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
I got TX, ND, USCe, LaTech, Miss. St, Or ST. However since I'm not an SEC blowhard, I'll only be paying attention to STAN vs. ND, TAMU vs LaTech hoping LaTech gets a win, because **** TAMU and the SEC, and BYU vs Or. St.

Furthermore, ND will not move up to 4th if they win, the only way they move up is if one of the top 6 lose. Remember they don't play in the SEC. Even if they did move up, it would be warranted.

This thread should be renamed as well, to The SEC 2012. Because no one else matters. :rolleyes:

All how cute. Notre Dame is halfway relevant again for the first time in over 5 years and you want to act like they're the best in the country

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans

Gotta wonder about that last play, looked like the ball crossed the line to me, and the rb never stopped moving. Also noticed the two hits to the rb's face by Teo on 3rd down after the whistle that didn't get a call. Guess the luck of the Irish includes some help from the refs :confused:

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
All how cute. Notre Dame is halfway relevant again for the first time in over 5 years and you want to act like they're the best in the country

No kidding, haven't really been relevant since late 80's/early 90's, and then a win over navy and stanford, in ot with help from the refs, and think they are best team out there. To let you know how long it has been, they stormed the field after beating a team that lost to, wait for it, Washington, lol

CP15

Keep Right On !!!

Usually I rave about the SEC but this year outside of Bama and USC Im not impressed.

You just worry about Vanderbilt for now.