SBF VA Jack Day the man the myth the legend

chevyrdn

In the Grass
I hope it stays this way for a long time. Hate to get back into hating work again. Since I have to do it everyday I would like to enjoy it.

I am trying to get a position at first, catch, or DH. I feel old and worn out these days when I play ball. I am getting back into fishing and hunting. Pretty excited

CP15

Keep Right On !!!
Ya I know what ya mean man. Been doding a lot more hunting the last couple of years myself. Hitting it hard the first week of black powder in early November.

CAG610

I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH!
I hope it stays this way for a long time. Hate to get back into hating work again. Since I have to do it everyday I would like to enjoy it.

I am trying to get a position at first, catch, or DH. I feel old and worn out these days when I play ball. I am getting back into fishing and hunting. Pretty excited

What you are still a young man.

chevyrdn

In the Grass
What you are still a young man.

LOL My age may be young but my body tells a different story. Would love to get back at first base on a D / Silver level. I keep hanging around all these big players and keep getting bumped up. I have to choose better friends.

mkejohnson

"That" Guy
Hey guys, just an FYI. There is a big push to bring USSSA softball back to Northern Virginia. There is a tournament at Valley View the 21st if anyone is interested.

CP15

Keep Right On !!!
Been good. Working and sleeping that's about it. How about you? Hunting and fishing much?

I hear ya man. Not much fishing. Hunting kicks off in a few weeks. With a new job Im not sure how much I will get to do. Helping coach the kid in fall ball and the band has kept me busy.

jack#8

Back to Easton
I hear ya man. Not much fishing. Hunting kicks off in a few weeks. With a new job Im not sure how much I will get to do. Helping coach the kid in fall ball and the band has kept me busy.

How is the new job going?

CP15

Keep Right On !!!
How is the new job going?

Awesome Jack. I only have a weeks vacation but it's coming up. Gonna try my hand at hunting with a black powder rifle. Overall though I really like it. Learning a lot everyday. Beats busting my knuckles for sure. Have to pull a Saturday every now and then but I usually get a comp day the following week. Kind of wish I had made the move sooner but I oh well. Almost time for you fellas to start plowing snow isn't it ?

jack#8

Back to Easton
Awesome Jack. I only have a weeks vacation but it's coming up. Gonna try my hand at hunting with a black powder rifle. Overall though I really like it. Learning a lot everyday. Beats busting my knuckles for sure. Have to pull a Saturday every now and then but I usually get a comp day the following week. Kind of wish I had made the move sooner but I oh well. Almost time for you fellas to start plowing snow isn't it ?

Man thats great that you like it!! Good to enjoy your job at least for most of the time:D

I hope it snows every day!!

Not during the night but day time im good with:D

CP15

Keep Right On !!!
I hear ya man. Think of it as job security. Wish I could get up yall's way for more than a few hours. Took the kid back to school last Sunday and was there all of 30 minutes before I headed back.

jack#8

Back to Easton
I hear ya man. Think of it as job security. Wish I could get up yall's way for more than a few hours. Took the kid back to school last Sunday and was there all of 30 minutes before I headed back.

I keep telling myself that at 3am...lol... It would be.good to get together with Jon and Doug!

nextlevel

Hell I am up past you most of the time anymore :( I am in Baltimore every other week working now.

nextlevel

Dang man. Is this permanent or what ?

And I thought my job sucks at times.

Been this way for 2 1/2 months or so now I should have a month more then hopefully the project will be done. But then after the first of the year we start the West Coast part of these projects start and I won't be surprised to be shipped out there for that part as well. Please don't take this as a brag but when it comes to this type of work I am the best they have so I get the short straw. The guys that used to do all this work one is on probation and can't travel and the other just got a job somewhere else so I'm all that's left.Lucky me:rolleyes:

Jack believe it or not this is considered a promotion more work longer hours live out of a suitcase but no extra money.:eek:

jack#8

Back to Easton
Been this way for 2 1/2 months or so now I should have a month more then hopefully the project will be done. But then after the first of the year we start the West Coast part of these projects start and I won't be surprised to be shipped out there for that part as well. Please don't take this as a brag but when it comes to this type of work I am the best they have so I get the short straw. The guys that used to do all this work one is on probation and can't travel and the other just got a job somewhere else so I'm all that's left.Lucky me:rolleyes:

Jack believe it or not this is considered a promotion more work longer hours live out of a suitcase but no extra money.:eek:

I understand completely. I hear all the time "cant do this without u". But need it to show up in more money or less hours. Would like it to be both but know I know that will never happen!!

nextlevel

I understand completely. I hear all the time "cant do this without u". But need it to show up in more money or less hours. Would like it to be both but know I know that will never happen!!

I realize that everyone is replaceable, things may slow down or not be as good for a while but eventually the new guy will catch on and your forgotten and with the way things are I am glad to have a job. But that said it would be nice to be compensated for the work but I figure with budget cuts coming up we will be lucky to get a cost of living raise so I won't hold my breath on a big raise.

Okay pity party is over can I go play ball now?:cool:

jack#8

Back to Easton
I realize that everyone is replaceable, things may slow down or not be as good for a while but eventually the new guy will catch on and your forgotten and with the way things are I am glad to have a job. But that said it would be nice to be compensated for the work but I figure with budget cuts coming up we will be lucky to get a cost of living raise so I won't hold my breath on a big raise.

Okay pity party is over can I go play ball now?:cool:

Hahaha I feel im lucky also and im very replaceable. I just try my best and do what I think is right.

Going to play tomorrow in my last tourney of the year. Atleast one game before the rain comes.

nextlevel

Hahaha I feel im lucky also and im very replaceable. I just try my best and do what I think is right.

Going to play tomorrow in my last tourney of the year. Atleast one game before the rain comes.

Have fun man! I hope I can play in Jan in the Iron man in SC