Military Worlds/ Utrip Major World Series

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Yup, still in this **** hole of a country and I am not gonna make it this year. Sounds like the tourney will be run a little different this year, not sure if it will take away from the game or not. I have to say that I am not totally against it. I figured it would come sooner but I think last year really made the decision for the screen easy. I would say good luck to GI but I know they do not need it. So I will say good luck to everyone else heading down for Military Worlds, wish I could make it.

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
Yup, still in this **** hole of a country and I am not gonna make it this year. Sounds like the tourney will be run a little different this year, not sure if it will take away from the game or not. I have to say that I am not totally against it. I figured it would come sooner but I think last year really made the decision for the screen easy. I would say good luck to GI but I know they do not need it. So I will say good luck to everyone else heading down for Military Worlds, wish I could make it.

I know we were looking fwd to you playing again....always next year....

Be safe and keep your head down.....we'll keep you posted..

foote

Addicted to Softballfans

Jeff...at least you are over there for the entire S. KY/Mid -Tenn regular season through States. It has done nothing but rained the entire season with most weekends being rainouts. At least you have not missed a great ball season.

Stay safe in that **** hole Country.

-Foote

Moody #21

SELF-EMPLOYED LAZY BUM
My Picks for 2013 Military Worlds. Not that my opinion matters much.... lol...I am sure I have missed some, but hey, it is what it is. Gonna be an exciting tournament as usual!

Varsity A: (The best teams that military softball has to offer)

1. SEMPER ATHLETICS
POWER to hit with anyone! Will the pitching and defense be good enough? I feel like Ike has assembled a team with a great chance this year. My pick to win it all.

2. SCRAPALATORS/WORTH
Talented top to bottom! They have won EVERYTHINGx3 but this one. This could easily be their year. If Watkins is healthy enough to take the field, this team will be playing with a ton of heart! If they are rolling... They are almost unbeatable.

3. JTF/Louisville Slugger
My sleeper! Would love to see this team take it home! Nothing but CLASS! Good showing at the Pacwide. Are they ready for the next step? We will see.

4. NCR
Pony and his boys are always contenders and have a solid roster bottom to top to include Dex Avery. A ton of experience!

5. WEST COAST DRASH/Gov ISSUE
Tons of experience in Military Open and a few with conference experience. They come in number 1 and should have the easiest path to the championship. If they get hot... They can beat anyone!

Others to lookout for in A:
Doc's - Have made some key pickups. Pitching will keep them in it.
OLD BALLS/NEW STICKS - EXPERIENCE! We will see.
4 the Fallen - A lot of peices from the dominant pendleton teams of past

Varsity B
1. PETERSON AFB
Hands down the favorite. Scores a TON of runs and has taken down some top A teams already.

2. ADIKTIV FALCONS (Andrews AFB)
Played against these guys every since they were an intramural team. They have a ton of experience playing together and will be a tough squad to beat.

3. JBSA Lackland
Lackland has a long heritage of GREAT varsity programs. This team fits right in.

4. Robins AFB - Loaded with veterans and power.

Others to lookout for in B:
COMMANDO's - A long heritage as a great military team. Hot right now!
TYNDALL AFB - If they play together... they can base-hit you to death! Pitching/Defense will be the key.

Intramural
1. Crysis - have beeaten some real good local civ teams.
2. TK - Have no clue... but statistics look impressive.
3. FT HOOD Warriors - HOOD and softball go hand in hand at any level

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Next year cannot come fast enough. Foote, sorry to hear about the weather. I am not a fan of that area and the ball is not that competitive either. It may have been a blessing to make ball players go elsewhere to play some more talented teams to improve their game. Sounds like Moody has done his homework. One of these years somebody should hold a pool and really make the tournament interesting. It looks like A is going to be a tough go for all teams.....no easy wins. The key is to put teams away when the opportunity is there. Does anyone know if they are going to broadcast the tourney over the net?

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
My Picks for 2013 Military Worlds. Not that my opinion matters much.... lol...I am sure I have missed some, but hey, it is what it is. Gonna be an exciting tournament as usual!

1. SEMPER ATHLETICS
POWER to hit with anyone! Will the pitching and defense be good enough? I feel like Ike has assembled a team with a great chance this year. My pick to win it all.

2. SCRAPALATORS/WORTH
Talented top to bottom! They have won EVERYTHINGx3 but this one. This could easily be their year. If Watkins is healthy enough to take the field, this team will be playing with a ton of heart! If they are rolling... They are almost unbeatable.

My sleeper! Would love to see this team take it home! Nothing but CLASS! Good showing at the Pacwide. Are they ready for the next step? We will see.

4. NCR
Pony and his boys are always contenders and have a solid roster bottom to top to include Dex Avery. A ton of experience!

Tons of experience in Military Open and a few with conference experience. They come in number 1 and should have the easiest path to the championship. If they get hot... They can beat anyone!

Varsity B
1. PETERSON AFB
Hands down the favorite. Scores a TON of runs and has taken down some top A teams already.

Played against these guys every since they were an intramural team. They have a ton of experience playing together and will be a tough squad to beat.

3. JBSA Lackland
Lackland has a long heritage of GREAT varsity programs. This team fits right in.

TYNDALL AFB - If they play together... they can base-hit you to death! Pitching/Defense will be the key.

Intramural

Nice list Moody, looks like your partial to the AF teams.

Varsity A will be a dog fight. New rules (Hrs, screens, big fields...hopefully) will make the younger faster A squads more dangerous.

1 and 2. Toss up between Semper and Scraps

3. GI

4. Docs (sleeper here) Doc A has a freaking farm system that continues to produce players in the panhandle for Civilian and Military ball.

5. NCR

Teams that may throw a wrench in it will be JTF and T4T.

Varsity B

Peterson may be the favorite based on their body of work, but Varsity B is wide open.

Your spot on for Intramural

Womens will go thru Lady Code Red.....

After SSAA worlds this weekend the pecking order might be a little bit clearer

Last edited:

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
Hi Jeff hope all is safe out there. We do miss you playing this year but you know you have your spot with us when you get back I don't think they broadcast but Roger and Jeff update the bracket after every game.
STAY SAFE!!

Hondell

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
I love that no one has DM/OVERRATED Placing in the top 3 in B's.....If they play together. ...they walk through that bracket. You heard it here first. ..

drpnbmbs

At the gym
Next year cannot come fast enough. Foote, sorry to hear about the weather. I am not a fan of that area and the ball is not that competitive either. It may have been a blessing to make ball players go elsewhere to play some more talented teams to improve their game. Sounds like Moody has done his homework. One of these years somebody should hold a pool and really make the tournament interesting. It looks like A is going to be a tough go for all teams.....no easy wins. The key is to put teams away when the opportunity is there. Does anyone know if they are going to broadcast the tourney over the net?

Hey bro I hope you are planning on coming to TX to see me and play some ball when you get back. It is a lot more competitive here but a lot of sand bagging also. Let me know if you need anything other than a plane ticket.

hobbie

Addicted to Softballfans
I love that no one has DM/OVERRATED Placing in the top 3 in B's.....If they play together. ...they walk through that bracket. You heard it here first. ..

Agreed. They have a nice mix of vets and young guys and seem to be peaking at the right time.

bashbro24

Back in the game

hey joey, it showed they were A on the USSSA wensite when I last looked. If they play B which they can by the rules I concur they will do well. My sleepers in the Bs are FBT, Cannon, and Holloman if they get Steve to pitch for them (both good teams who if they play together it will be trouble for the other teams).

Hines57

Extra Hitter
iT SHOULD BE A LIKE BUTTON ON HERE...ijs
I think it was 2 years ago a throw from the outfield hit a runner runninng home and killed him. Runners need helmets
Bout five years ago 2 players on my team got hit in the balls while on base. Runners need cups (I get to check)
I was playing ss and the ball took a bad hop and caught me in the eye. All infielders need screens or masks.
I've seen TONS of outfielders run into the fence. Fences need to be outlawed.
I've seen quite a few outfield collisions where both guys got injured. There should be no outfielders or they need to play in those bubble things
If you think this is ridiculous, I think the screen is just as ridiculous.

Hines57

Extra Hitter
Man you guys are funny! This ish is like the real househusbands of softball! But good points redbone!
ok.....i started this post with info that i felt the military softball community should know. However the outcome of the deciding team is an embarrassment to all of softball.

Jeff, you are hosting a 4 team tournament in sept where most military teams that can and have beaten your team (scraps) in the past may not be able to attend because of budget. So what that will do is eliminate everyone except your team. Well ask yourself this.....what has the scraps past or present ever won? I'll answer for you....nothing that matters! Yes i can say that because i've been there the last 3 years and never seen you guys play on sunday.

Now if you want to be fair.....why not pick the team from the usssa worlds and you jeff jackson sponsor that team to the b worlds and then to the majors. This way they will get some preparation in before the big dance. Also who the hell plays with a screen? This is tournament ball not company level league ball.

I will say this .....this program is going down the toilet because of changes made to try and help scraps win a real world title and not that intemural crap they win and call them selves world champs. I'm not chad marlin but i wear #43 drink viatim water and can be seen patrolling the isles of walmart and i swing miken.

Chubby_43

1. SEMPER ATHLETICS

2. SCRAPALATORS/WORTH

4. NCR

Varsity B
1. PETERSON AFB

3. JBSA Lackland

Intramural

Old Balls/New Sticks???? Huh?

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)

1. SEMPER ATHLETICS

2. SCRAPALATORS/WORTH

4. NCR

Varsity B
1. PETERSON AFB

3. JBSA Lackland

Intramural

Old Balls/New Sticks won't be making an appearance at Worlds this year, maybe next year but if they were there, IMO, they would be the odds on favorite to win it ;) Don't forget about Coast to Coast in the A division :D

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
The screen opens it up for any team to win it. Good luck to all of the ballers participating this year.

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
hey joey, it showed they were A on the USSSA wensite when I last looked. If they play B which they can by the rules I concur they will do well. My sleepers in the Bs are FBT, Cannon, and Holloman if they get Steve to pitch for them (both good teams who if they play together it will be trouble for the other teams).

Brother....Stevie is throwing for C2C at Worlds. They are also a very very good team w/a ton of talent. Great character guys as well. Super fun battling them....my fav group of guys to play and then enjoy a few cold ones with after...They will give everyone fits....

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector

We'll be playing B at Worlds bro. We had to jump up to A for the Band-Aid because of a couple of guys we brought. We're working with Roger right now to get back down to B. Bought my plane ticket this weekend boys...couldn't be more excited. This will be my first Mil Worlds and I can't ****ing wait. Get in that Wednesday around 2pm.

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
We'll be playing B at Worlds bro. We had to jump up to A for the Band-Aid because of a couple of guys we brought. We're working with Roger right now to get back down to B. Bought my plane ticket this weekend boys...couldn't be more excited. This will be my first Mil Worlds and I can't ****ing wait. Get in that Wednesday around 2pm.

I second this!!!!!!!!!!! My first time back since 07 when it was in Orlando. Pretty stoked!!!! :D

Chubby_43

Cheaters.....

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
X2... how are you going to be ranked like 4th in Varsity A, played in tournaments as Varsity A and then try to drop down to Varsity B just for worlds. I hope roger denies your request...

You're joking, right? If they take a team that is strictly guys from their perspective base, they absolutely should be able to play B. Just because they've played in a couple tournaments and picked guys up so had to move up to A doesn't mean they're an A squad or should have to compete in A.

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
X2... how are you going to be ranked like 4th in Varsity A, played in tournaments as Varsity A and then try to drop down to Varsity B just for worlds. I hope roger denies your request...

HAHAHA. That is awesome..and...One of the most ignorant things Ive read on here for awhile. But I get it...A****tive Falcons scared of OVERRATED. I'd be too If I were them. Those guys PISS on the ball!

bdunn12

Addicted to Softballfans

We have always been Varsity B. We only played Varsity A for band aid because we had a DD214 player and was advised to play A to make us legit and not cheat so Roger bumped us up. The team that is going up to worlds are all AD from DM with one retiree from DM. So if you want to find some cheaters, I'm sure there are some out there in B's but it ain't us!

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
We have always been Varsity B. We only played Varsity A for band aid because we had a DD214 player and was advised to play A to make us legit and not cheat so Roger bumped us up. The team that is going up to worlds are all AD from DM with one retiree from DM. So if you want to find some cheaters, I'm sure there are some out there in B's but it ain't us!

Get em' BDunn!!!! Lol, looking forward to seeing all you guys from DM at Worlds. Gonna be a good time. You guys going to be able to get everyone there?