2013 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Longo definitely looks to be heading in the right direction, but I am still not real excited about his swing/eye with 2 strikes. In a typical Longo at bat, this is exactly what happens: watches first strike, swings at strike 2 (could be a hit, could be an out), and if he is still at the plate after strike 2 they throw him a low outside curveball every single time. And what happens? He goes chasing and isn't even remotely close to hitting the ball. I wish Maddon would tell Longo to start swinging at the first strike to give him a better opportunity to hit a good pitch. Longo swinging at these balls for strike 3 is killing me. There is a reason why Longo was batting .300+ at the beginning of the season and why Myers is doing it now...not letting the pitcher get them in a pitcher's count. As long as Longo continues to start in a hole after watching strike 1, he is going to continue to struggle.

I agree 100%

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Cobb looked pretty good. Fastball and curve command was there but the change wasn't for the most part. Solid team effort tonight! Myers looks like he's snapped out of his mini funk. Let's hope Hellboy can figure his groove out tomorrow.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Fun game to watch! Got the timely hits when they needed to. Hats off to Lobation for that key block in the top of the 9th, then walk off. Hellboy did ok. Still not where we want him, but he battled and limited damage. I'm losing my patience with Peralta. I'm not sure why Maddon is so hot on him for the 8th inning? His stats don't justify it over the last 7 to 8 appearances. I'd rather mix & match with Lueke, McGee, and Wright. Can't wait for Crain! He has the tools to be an 8th inning or 9th inning guy.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Fun game to watch! Got the timely hits when they needed to. Hats off to Lobation for that key block in the top of the 9th, then walk off. Hellboy did ok. Still not where we want him, but he battled and limited damage. I'm losing my patience with Peralta. I'm not sure why Maddon is so hot on him for the 8th inning? His stats don't justify it over the last 7 to 8 appearances. I'd rather mix & match with Lueke, McGee, and Wright. Can't wait for Crain! He has the tools to be an 8th inning or 9th inning guy.

Def had a great game behind and at the plate. I agree , paralta hasn't been good and Rodney makes me nervous too. Big win tonight. Sox lost again so they made up another game. It's going to be fun to watch down the stretch

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Tough series in Baltimore. Looking at the pitching match ups, I can see 2 out of 3 for Tampa unless Hellickson can put it all together. Time to play like champions!

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Tough series in Baltimore. Looking at the pitching match ups, I can see 2 out of 3 for Tampa unless Hellickson can put it all together. Time to play like champions!

Bats are starting to come alive. Def need to score lots of runs when playing the o's

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Another solid outing from Cobb. I was equally impressed by Torres getting out of that insane spot in the 7th! His pitches didn't look all that crisp, but the results were great. Sweep up the bird feathers tomorrow!

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Just heard on the radio that the rays are going to skip Roberto's next start and then move him to the BP. I hope this is true. We are going to the rays/Yankees game on Friday and he was pitching.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Just heard on the radio that the rays are going to skip Roberto's next start and then move him to the BP. I hope this is true. We are going to the rays/Yankees game on Friday and he was pitching.

So spot start for Lueke or is Moore coming back?

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
I just can't stand watching Molina play, the two double plays he hit into last night really threw me over the edge. You're a grown as man, you're not a pitcher. Run it out.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
I just can't stand watching Molina play, the two double plays he hit into last night really threw me over the edge. You're a grown as man, you're not a pitcher. Run it out.

I can't stand his fat *** either. Yes can can frame a pitch and call a decent game , but he's fat slow and can't hit. Plus every time a ball skips past him you can guarantee he walks to go get it. Not even a light jog , he walks.

cyber2nd

Luv the Stars n Stripes

Going to that game myself. Enjoying the WDAE $9.53 tickets that night.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Can't get upset with 2 out of 3 , but really , you're going to try to steal second with 2 outs down two runs? Lobaton is swinging a hot bat , let him hit

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Got pretty much what I expected from Hellboy. Can't pin this loss on him though.
Bats needed to show up against ok pitching and they didn't when it counted tonight.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Archer was on point and the fellas broke out the thunderstix vs a quality pitcher tonight! Great win! Any word on Crain?

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Crain is still on the 60 day dl. Not sure about his status. I know they are talking about him being available for the post season if the rays get there

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Too bad we get only brief glimpses of Longo & Myers clicking at the same time! I think Molina gets starts because Price & Cobb prefer him over Lobation. Left that game on the table today. Still, I'll take a series win vs a team on a hot streak.