2013 Tampa Bay Rays Thread

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Last night was the worst choke I've ever seen in MLB and that says something because I've seen a lot of games! Rodney can now contend with Sanchez for worst "not top ten" play of the year. I hope Maddon can keep this ship steady after a disaster like that. I hope Crain can come back soon and be right so Maddon has another 9th inning option if Rodney starts clowning the game away.

Two_Three

Insert Penis Below
I ****ing hate when people say "he knows what it takes to win a World Series". It's called "play ****ing baseball". Hit, run, field. Not a ****ing secret.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
The Hellboy project is over is my opinion. He is not an elite MLB starter. MLB hitters have dialed in on him and he has not made the readjustments. My vote is to bring up Lueke into the starting 5 and he can take his lumps coming up. He has a tremendous upside and can mentallly deal with it! If hellboy would entertain being a 7th inning guy, fine. Otherwise let him go to a losing team and be a #4 or 5 starter until they get tired of seeing his crap.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
The Hellboy project is over is my opinion. He is not an elite MLB starter. MLB hitters have dialed in on him and he has not made the readjustments. My vote is to bring up Lueke into the starting 5 and he can take his lumps coming up. He has a tremendous upside and can mentallly deal with it! If hellboy would entertain being a 7th inning guy, fine. Otherwise let him go to a losing team and be a #4 or 5 starter until they get tired of seeing his crap.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet , he's been horrible lately but I think he will figure it out. I hope we've seen the last of Hernandez in the rotation.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not ready to give up on him yet , he's been horrible lately but I think he will figure it out. I hope we've seen the last of Hernandez in the rotation.

I hear what you're saying and Maddon will probably give him at least 2 more starts to figure things out. It's nothing personal against him. I'm sure he's a great guy. I'll be pretty surprised if Hellboy can put it back together at this point, but I hope he can.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
I hear what you're saying and Maddon will probably give him at least 2 more starts to figure things out. It's nothing personal against him. I'm sure he's a great guy. I'll be pretty surprised if Hellboy can put it back together at this point, but I hope he can.

I hope so too! It would be huge if he can

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans

At least 2 more starts...I hope they give him 100 more starts before they ever let Hernandez throw another inning. Both Hellickson and Hernandez have pretty similar ERAs, but at least with Hellickson there is POTENTIAL for gold. He has good stuff, its just a matter of him getting his location down.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
At least 2 more starts...I hope they give him 100 more starts before they ever let Hernandez throw another inning. Both Hellickson and Hernandez have pretty similar ERAs, but at least with Hellickson there is POTENTIAL for gold. He has good stuff, its just a matter of him getting his location down.

I agree! Was listening to 620 today and didn't realize hellys last three outings , the lineup behind him was a AAA lineup. Fuld , Roberts , Rodriguez all in the lineup at the same time. I mean good god , he has to be thinking wtf

Gator275

Addicted to Softballfans
We were tired of winning so we tanked a game, we will step it back up come this Sunday. Play the same team again at 6.

Gator275

Addicted to Softballfans
Ya its tough to get girls to compliment having good guys. That is what helped Venue on Sunday, their girls hit the ball real well and we played terrible. It should be a different outcome come Sunday.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
The slide continues. Maddon is drinking more wine than usual. I think once they get Moore & Cobb back, the ship will steady itself.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
The slide continues. Maddon is drinking more wine than usual. I think once they get Moore & Cobb back, the ship will steady itself.

I hope so. I thought for sure they'd snap the streak last night. Zorrilla had a good night and archer is one of their best. Lets just hope they start winning tonight. It's been some ugly baseball. It's hard to watch.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Cobb set to start on Thursday night. Let's hope he picks up where he left off! Jennings might be back within a week. Moore still up in the air. Hope he mends in time for September push.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
What a bush league at bat by Roberts with the game on the line in the 8th! I don't ever want to hear him whine about not deserving being sent down to AAA again! The team was snake bit by the LA game Friday night and they need to find the antidote quick!

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Rays win baby! Finally made up some ground!

Yes sir! Glad to see Longo locking back in at the plate. Those two walks really got him going. Tough pitches to take there. Now let's see if we can get Myers dialed back in too.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes sir! Glad to see Longo locking back in at the plate. Those two walks really got him going. Tough pitches to take there. Now let's see if we can get Myers dialed back in too.

Absolutely. Longo looks to be heading in the right direction. Myers had a nice shot tonight too

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans

Absolutely. Longo looks to be heading in the right direction. Myers had a nice shot tonight too

Longo definitely looks to be heading in the right direction, but I am still not real excited about his swing/eye with 2 strikes. In a typical Longo at bat, this is exactly what happens: watches first strike, swings at strike 2 (could be a hit, could be an out), and if he is still at the plate after strike 2 they throw him a low outside curveball every single time. And what happens? He goes chasing and isn't even remotely close to hitting the ball. I wish Maddon would tell Longo to start swinging at the first strike to give him a better opportunity to hit a good pitch. Longo swinging at these balls for strike 3 is killing me. There is a reason why Longo was batting .300+ at the beginning of the season and why Myers is doing it now...not letting the pitcher get them in a pitcher's count. As long as Longo continues to start in a hole after watching strike 1, he is going to continue to struggle.