mlb free agency

BB15

Ape Raids
Nathan has been pretty solid and of he can do that in that park in Texas I would think being a serviceable closer in Detroit would be no problem. 2 year contracts are rare for 39 year old closers though

Nathan has been extremely solid, but the fact of the matter is that every year teams pick guys off the scrap heap to close and pay them next to nothing. Never will a closer be worth anywhere near what a quality starter is.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Salty to Miami maybe, and Mariners sounding like they have a shot at Cano. It might just be leverage though, I can;t see him playing there unless the money is too much to pass up.

isthisshaved19

Addicted to Softballfans
Nathan has been extremely solid, but the fact of the matter is that every year teams pick guys off the scrap heap to close and pay them next to nothing. Never will a closer be worth anywhere near what a quality starter is.

Who's on the scrap heap that will be a lights out closer?

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Im going to love it if the Mariners are dumb enough to throw $300 million at Cano. Plays least significant position on the field, numbers are on the decline, and his best years are behind him. Even the $260 million is outrageous.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Im going to love it if the Mariners are dumb enough to throw $300 million at Cano. Plays least significant position on the field, numbers are on the decline, and his best years are behind him. Even the $260 million is outrageous.

I couldn't agree more. He's already regressed to league average in 2013 defensively.

trip

stfu
yankees likely out on cano unless they know something about alex we don't... they just signed ellsbury

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
That's gonna be a bad contract. He's only played in 150 games in two seasons in his career. Players don't get healthier once they hit 30. He's had one outstanding offensive season and in all the others his game was mostly built around speed and that's the first thing to go.

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
They just sunk a good amount of cheese into two 30 year olds. A catcher and a of whose game is built around speed for the most part. Ellsbury may have a power resurgence like granderson did though

DrBigPapi

Addicted to Softballfans
Salty to Miami maybe, and Mariners sounding like they have a shot at Cano. It might just be leverage though, I can;t see him playing there unless the money is too much to pass up.

isnt seattles best player other than Felix a second baseman?

BB15

Ape Raids
isnt seattles best player other than Felix a second baseman?

No, Kyle Seager is 3B. Cano would be a huge upgrade over Ackley, who hasn't figured out how to hit in the big leagues yet and Nick Franklin, who is still a prospect for all intents and purposes.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Ackley? Hardly. And they have to be considering gate numbers with that as well.

Beltran has a standing 3/48 deal in place with an unnamed team, of which Seattle is one possibility.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Beltran will be a good signing for someone if he can DH 2-3 days a week. He's motivated to get to the HOF.

trip

stfu
defensively, ackley was above average as far as i was concerned. not a natural 2b, but he still was serviceable. if he learns how to hit anything above AAAA pitching, he'll be g2g.

i wanted them to trade franklin before he took a dump in august / sept. he looked really good early on.

trip

stfu
winter meetings are just going to be a bull**** festival. I don't remember there being this much actionbeforehand

chacha15

rec chip
Its cluster****, Yankees fans rooting for ex redsox players. You were rooting for them to strike out and sit down on the pine and now you're rooting for them to piss rockets over the short porch.