Mcgee31

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
The deleted thread, many more shots that were taken egregiously.

McGee also represents Combat. If that's how he handles business, I don't want anything to do with the company.

So because you didn't like him PMing AJ and starting a thread, you're walking away from the Combatants? You didn't like Combatants getting upset and defending their own, so you walk away from the group. I've always like you, saint (and will continue to do so), but it seems like you had one foot out the door already. I do agree that McGee could have been more professional, but he posted nothing and did nothing that will cause me to walk away from Combat and the Combatants. Sounds like you were looking for that one final straw.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
So because you didn't like him PMing AJ and starting a thread, you're walking away from the Combatants? You didn't like Combatants getting upset and defending their own, so you walk away from the group. I've always like you, saint (and will continue to do so), but it seems like you had one foot out the door already. I do agree that McGee could have been more professional, but he posted nothing and did nothing that will cause me to walk away from Combat and the Combatants. Sounds like you were looking for that one final straw.

You are incorrect in your assumptions. I even have PM's from others that agree that this is embarrassing, so I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm not going to align myself with a company who handles business that way. Then the pack mentality that followed saddens me. That's just me. Everyone has their limit.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
You are incorrect in your assumptions. I even have PM's from others that agree that this is embarrassing, so I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm not going to align myself with a company who handles business that way. Then the pack mentality that followed saddens me. That's just me. Everyone has their limit.
Gotta do what you feel you need to do. If this was a company-wide thing that was common, I'd walk out with you. But I'm not going to let this incident determine whether I swing Combat or not. You'll be missed around here, saint.

kokamojo15

Manager
This is just my opinion.... Delete all post that have to do with other sites. If someone is found to violate a board rule then ban them for a week or a couple days. That goes for anyone counting myself. This board is suppose to be a board of fellow ball players that help each other out. I have only been a member for a little over 6 months and have seen a lot of shady things posted and happen. I do think the mods try to stay far but the rules can't be bent for current members. If you break a rule then you have to get the repercussion of your crime. Like I said before this board was made to help each other out. Not get rich,scam,lie,cheat,cause problems, and be childish. We are men and should act like it. No reason to stoop to someone's level and start this. You are a mod for a reason I am guessing. Be far and up front with everyone!!! Again I am not pissed off or want drama. Just my thoughts

ar2x7

Substance & Style
man - driving on the cell

officer - you were diving on the cell

man - I was but I have permission

officer - here is your ticket, tell it to the judge

man - I know it's a law, but it's a new law, so it's optional right? I mean, I used to do it before!,,,

mkimmer

COMbatant
I agree that the mods are just doing what they are told to do. It is very understandable that with this buy-in, there is some traffic going away from SBF. I really like this forum and have always enjoyed my dealings with it. Mcgee could have possibly handled it more professionally, but he was probably upset.

I do have a question though..... How come companies can sell their new stuff in the Uniforms, Logos and More section? Jose and the guys at Elite advertise their new stuff all the time and tell you to order from them...... Not trying to start anything, but it does seem odd that they can advertise their stuff on here with no apparent gain to SBF. Almost all the companies are advertising their brand on here.

I do thank all of you mods for the work that you do. Of course, you guys get a bad rap sometimes, but that is the way it is unfortunately.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
If we deleted every 'advertisement' most of the post here would be gone. Rules say no links. If they link to the site, it's removed. There can not be much discussion without some type of advertisement.

Captain Clobber

Chilling in the Harbor
Saint and AJ22..... I have always seen the quality work you do on this site and appreciate the level of unbias your perform your duties under. I also am friends with McGee and see the passion he has in working for combat, and the pride he takes in heading up the DLAS program. I would hope in the next few days the parties involved take a step back, cool off, and make amends. Just my opinion, Saint I hope you judge the whole body of work with Combat and the work McGee does, and don't judge in haste.

AJ22

Super Moderator
I'm sure he is a great guy and a great asset to COMbat ... lying and threatening is not someone I wish to deal with.

I made a simple decision. I deleted a thread that has been an issue for a while at this site. I get called out and now here is my response (thread).

I understand the passion. I respect that and wish nothing but the best for COMbat as I am not a hater of the product. My team owns plenty of the ASA Dirty. But, to be called out and threatened?

Somehow it's still AJ's fault. What exactly did I do again except post his responses which gets 95% of members at this site banned? Yup .. still AJ's fault. Unreal.

HITTS

Saint and AJ22..... I have always seen the quality work you do on this site and appreciate the level of unbias your perform your duties under. I also am friends with McGee and see the passion he has in working for combat, and the pride he takes in heading up the DLAS program. I would hope in the next few days the parties involved take a step back, cool off, and make amends. Just my opinion, Saint I hope you judge the whole body of work with Combat and the work McGee does, and don't judge in haste.

Just read this......wow
CC very nice suggestion

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm sure he is a great guy and a great asset to COMbat ... lying and threatening is not someone I wish to deal with.

I made a simple decision. I deleted a thread that has been an issue for a while at this site. I get called out and now here is my response (thread).

I understand the passion. I respect that and wish nothing but the best for COMbat as I am not a hater of the product. My team owns plenty of the ASA Dirty. But, to be called out and threatened?

Somehow it's still AJ's fault. What exactly did I do again except post his responses which gets 95% of members at this site banned? Yup .. still AJ's fault. Unreal.

Still not sure who's placing any blame on you. Most certainly not me.... well, except for blaming you for this childish "call out" thread (that's still here for some reason.... McGee at least deleted his fairly quickly). If he broke the rules, he broke the rules. No need for a "macho man" contest to see who can call out the call out. Geez. People need to stop taking stuff like this so personally.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
pm = personal message

let it stay that way, posting it to one up someone is never the way to go, keep the higher ground when in a pissing match

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
I'm starting to regret ever calling myself a 'Combatant' if this is how the group is represented.

the combatants died a good 3-4 years ago

AJ22

Super Moderator
If he broke the rules, he broke the rules. No need for a "macho man" contest to see who can call out the call out. Geez. .

LOL .. I wouldn't expect anything different from a follower. All I did was delete a thread yet somehow you sure come to HIS defense like a true follower would.

People need to stop taking stuff like this so personally.

I didn't make anything personal until I was lied to, threatened and then called out.

Still not sure who's placing any blame on you. Most certainly not me.... well, except for blaming you for this childish "call out" thread (that's still here for some reason.... McGee at least deleted his fairly quickly)..

His thread was deleted after 5+ hours (it isn't now though) .. and the thread still exists, just is closed. Not sure how this is still on me or about me. I didn't undelete or close. I did delete his ''breaking the forum rules'' thread though.

Nah ... no blame or share of the blame below ... :confused:

But, as others have said here, this thread is just as childish as the PM and thread McGee posted (since deleted) and only makes the mods, and by extension, SBF look like a bunch of immature jerks.
And saying "I'll stoop to your level" before the call out doesn't excuse anything.

pm = personal message

let it stay that way, posting it to one up someone is never the way to go, keep the higher ground when in a pissing match

Which is where the conversation was the entire time until Mcgee31 decided differently.

Yup .. I guess I'm being childish. That's why I didn't ban anyone. Still my fault though. :yawn:

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
not saying who did what, he called you out and you took exception
not any easy task to moderate, just keep it clean

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I just hope all of this gets sorted and settles down. I'm not embarrassed to be a Combatant (and no, we didn't die 3-4 years ago), but I'm embarrassed that this has involved Combat. This has turned ugly on this subforum when it, quite honestly, never should have been brought here. It should have been handled between McGee and AJ via PM, imho. If they couldn't get it sorted out, then it should have been turned over Coop and Coach. Without intending any offense to either party, I believe McGee was wrong for posting his thread, and I believe AJ was wrong for "stooping" to anyone's level. Let me clear about this: NEITHER is a bad guy and I disagree with painting either as a bad guy. It's just two passionate people who ended up in a conflict (and who have their flaws just like ALL of us), and that conflict spilled over into here where Combatants jumped on the Combat/McGee side of the line. Reminds me of a bar fight between two guys when one of the two falls into another guy or another guy's lady...then it's on and involves more people than it was ever intended to.

Quite frankly, I'm not really siding with anyone here. I'm siding with getting this resolved, making amends, making things better for SBF and Combat, and moving forward. Enough of this embarrassing black eye. In my own personal opinion, I think apologetic communications between McGee and AJ need to be made. AJ, thank you for your kind words toward Coop in his thread. As a Combatant I appreciate that very much, just as an SBF member I've appreciated the work you have done over the years in making bad deals right.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
What an Insufferable bunch the combatants are.

AJ why no ban or infraction? Because he is a long standing member? That just makes any infraction even more of a slap in the face to sbf.

brhnz

Bombs .. Bombs Everywhere !
Im embarrassed right now to sell & own COMBats. Cant some one delete this thread and you guys & Coop sort this out Monday offline privately ? Last thing anyone needs is this thread continually reappearing, COMBat or SBF. Now lets all go sniff some G2 resin and talk about hitting bombs.

OldguyinHavasu

Addicted to Softballfans
I swing Combats cuz I like the product, am not embarrassed in the least by internet arguments attended to by immature, ridiculously oversensitive retards. I would still swing Combats even if I found out Canadian eskimos used them to club baby seals, its not my gig, but whatever. I love how people over-react to the stupidest stuff. There are serial killers and baby rapers running around out in the real world, and you guys make the rules of a forum seem like the end of the world....shame on you.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
LOL .. I wouldn't expect anything different from a follower. All I did was delete a thread yet somehow you sure come to HIS defense like a true follower would.

I don't see where I am coming to his defense. But whatever.

aj22 said:
His thread was deleted after 5+ hours (it isn't now though) .. and the thread still exists, just is closed. Not sure how this is still on me or about me. I didn't undelete or close. I did delete his ''breaking the forum rules'' thread though.

Real mature of you. At least he had the decency to delete his "call out" thread. Probably because he realized he shouldn't be airing his grievances out in the open. Maybe you should follow his lead. IJS. Maybe you should just man up and re-delete his thread and delete this and take it to PM. Bunch of babies in here. I can see why so many fights start during games, etc. Everyone's so concerned about defending their manhood and the slightest inclination of being "called-out"..... SMH.

Last edited:

cazcat13

Star Player
Im embarrassed right now to sell & own COMBats. Cant some one delete this thread and you guys & Coop sort this out Monday offline privately ? Last thing anyone needs is this thread continually reappearing, COMBat or SBF. Now lets all go sniff some G2 resin and talk about hitting bombs.

can you send me all your COMbat gear? Im more of a fan now than I was a week ago. I'll gladly take all of your stuff that your too embarrassed to use.

AJ22

Super Moderator
Real mature of you. At least he had the decency to delete his "call out" thread. Probably because he realized he shouldn't be airing his grievances out in the open. Maybe you should follow his lead. IJS. L

I did follow his lead. IJS .... that's why we are where we are at.

I'm going to say this one last time. All I did was delete an original thread that was against a forum rule . Obviously deleting a thread wasn't good enough? So you want me to delete another thread? O.K.?

Look ... This is not about COMbat or their product. This is about forum rules being enforced and that no one, no matter who they are, will not be considered above another forum user. Unless me or any other Moderator/Administrator is told differently, no one is above another.

I will add I like how you people want to twist this into the drama or immature card .. really? All I have to do is read 90% of what's posted by many on most forums. A simple "I was in the wrong" will go a long ways.

Somehow I'm still in the wrong by some of these latest posts ... yet a liar and someone who is taking a way business from SBFs who created this action by me gets a slap on the hand. The good guy deleted a thread .. simple and harmless.

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
I'm not a combatant but do follow the brand. I must agree with others here a d say delete this thread and mcgees. Can another mod delete them both so you guys can take this to a PM?

ar2x7

Substance & Style
this thread has absolutely soured me to the combat brand, with the way that some of their "reps" or what have acted, I doubt I'll be swinging a combat anytime soon. smh, sux cuz I bp with TommyAV all the time, and he has a butt load of combats to try out.