Mcgee31

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh just wait. McGee refused to return a bat for a local guy here saying receipt was invalid, then when the retailer called McGee and did indeed say it was valid, he then said the bat was stamped no return and so it couldn't be returned. If this is true then he physically stamped a bat that was returnable bought from the retailer and had a valid receipt no return. That would be fraud. This local person has pictures of the bat before he sent it in and has the serial number since it was his first return (he didn't know he didn't need to write it down). If this indeed happened I would love to see how Combat justifies itself.

Again he is waiting on the bat to be returned so we will see if that is indeed what happened.

I've got one getting ready to go back for a return, and I thought it was funny that this is at the bottom of my email for my RMA number......

Please send the valid receipt with the bat. If it is not valid, your warranty will be voided and we will not send back the original or replacement bat

Just thought that it was odd that a company wouldn't work with you on getting back the bat you sent, receipt or not. Receipt is in my name, so I'm not worried about it, but I wonder how many guys send there bat in and if they don't have a valid rec, what, their bat just disappears? Or goes on tour with team Combat?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I won't be surprised about the stamp part. Worth burned a W in my PST they returned because I had a valid receipt from that fool y'all keep buying dirtys from. I wouldn't be surprised if something else hasn't been lost in translation somewhere. If I was in the speculating business I'd say that two different Combat people were spoken to and once it was denied initially it was stamped and the second person thought it was sent in already stamped NR, but that's just a guess and I'm not paid to guess. Hopefully this all gets straightened out.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
I won't be surprised about the stamp part. Worth burned a W in my PST they returned because I had a valid receipt from that fool y'all keep buying dirtys from. I wouldn't be surprised if something else hasn't been lost in translation somewhere. If I was in the speculating business I'd say that two different Combat people were spoken to and once it was denied initially it was stamped and the second person thought it was sent in already stamped NR, but that's just a guess and I'm not paid to guess. Hopefully this all gets straightened out.

This could very well be. The bat not only has a new no warranty stamp on the taper but also one on the weight sticker. This is bs man. I looked at the before picture and where it was stamped was on the side so even though it looks clean and shiny it's tough to totally tell. But even if he somehow could have missed that there's no way he and i both would have missed no warranty burnt into the weight sticker.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
This could very well be. The bat not only has a new no warranty stamp on the taper but also one on the weight sticker. This is bs man. I looked at the before picture and where it was stamped was on the side so even though it looks clean and shiny it's tough to totally tell. But even if he somehow could have missed that there's no way he and i both would have missed no warranty burnt into the weight sticker.

Is it possible the store owner missed it? I've seen that. I assume a customer had two of a bat and broke one, and returned the NR they got back to the store for full credit. Or they didn't have a receipt for the one they broke and bought a bat, got the receipt, when they got the NR back they returned that to the store in the wrapper. I've seen 3 different NR bats at brick and mortar stores, but they were all big chains that had kids working their CS desk that I'm sure know nothing.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
i even registered my wanted when i bought it, there wasnt a spot to enter serial number (i thought that would be key)