SP14L3....wow

Thunder_Stick

Addicted to Softballfans
Today I got the L3 in the mail, went right to the fields with 5 buds and put the first 30 hits on it with an even mix of 15 Evil .52 300 and 15 ASA Worth Super Gold Dots .44 375. The bat is a 27oz and does feel a little more end loaded than my 27oz ST100Hs; it almost feels like my buddies 27.5 oz LV1. But it does weigh in at 27.2oz (balance point pic below). First 10 hits were loggish, really didn't feel any response in the barrel and no handle flex. The next 20 I put 9 out on a 300' field, but the bat still felt very stiff and little response. The rest of my 5 buds went through and hit their 30. I did notice about hit 80 or so the sound began to change to a crack. About the 4th guy in, smallest guy on the team, who hit his first homerun with the J3A, puts one out at about 320'...for him a monster of a hit. I was up to hit another 30, at this point we are about the 180 mark for hits, and this bat was stupid to say the least. The barrel during this round reminded me of my ST100H but maybe a bit more crisp. The shots with this thing were absolutely ridiculous; great CRACK sound. I ended the rounds and tallied about 220 hits, game ready and barley a scratch on the bat. No cracks, spiraling, NOTHING...looks brand new! So far durability is great.

.52 300 - amazing exit speed when broken in, some ridiculous bombs were hit with this bat-ball combo!

.44 375 - absurd shots once broken in.

I own a couple J3As and this new Easton L3 is right there with them.
It does need to be broken in, give it about 100-200 cuts and it'll be game ready.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
This is awesome news!! I got one on the way and am really hoping I can make the switch back to Easton. I loved the 100H so if this thing is on par with that I can't wait!!

MB:cool:

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine should be here Monday, can't wait. I'm excited to finally have an Easton ASA stick with a true endload.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I'm a little worried about mine. Got it out for its first real BP today. It instantly developed webbing. Both spirals and regular webbing. Hitting a mixed bag of 52/300 and 44/375 in 50 degree weather. Maybe a total of 125 cuts so far.

Here's the pics...

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
I'm a little worried about mine. Got it out for its first real BP today. It instantly developed webbing. Both spirals and regular webbing. Hitting a mixed bag of 52/300 and 44/375 in 50 degree weather. Maybe a total of 125 cuts so far.

Here's the pics...

How did it feel?

LEROY

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn with that much damage already is it at least spitting fire? My guess is the 44/375's are a no go for sure on these.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Maybe the 50 degree weather with the 44/375 balls? I notice the guy who said he didn't see any webbing is in San Diego. Just stabbing here.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
How did it feel?

I opened it a couple of days ago and put 25 cuts on it. Super stiff. Small sweetspot. Classic Easton stuff. Then today a buddy put 50 cuts on it and really liked it. He wouldn't shut up. Wanted to buy one on the spot. I put the next 50 on it and it felt like a totally different bat. Barrel was much softer. Great exit speed and sweetspot was well improved.

Damn with that much damage already is it at least spitting fire? My guess is the 44/375's are a no go for sure on these.

Like I said above, exit speed was great. I was hitting 3 year old balls that have literally sat in my truck for that long. Fewer new balls mixed in here and there, but for the most part, mush. I wish it wasn't on an open field so I could speak about distance with some authority. Tomorrow I'll BP on my regular field and should have a better idea what kind of shots I'm getting out of the thing.

Maybe the 50 degree weather with the 44/375 balls? I notice the guy who said he didn't see any webbing is in San Diego. Just stabbing here.

Could be man. But if snow is off the ground I don't care if it's 25 or 75, I hit. My Eastons have done just fine in the cold weather. Never had this reaction so quickly.

Pretty

Softball is cool
Have those balls been sitting in the cold? Though they are old the cold still maybe made them hard enough in 50 degrees to do damage.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Have those balls been sitting in the cold? Though they are old the cold still maybe made them hard enough in 50 degrees to do damage.

Sorry. I should clarify. They've been in my truck since Spring. But they sit in there most of the summer. Don't let them freeze all winter.

SvtRickey

Addicted to Softballfans
Madbeers you might have gotten a bad one. Mine has easily 1000 hits and doesn't have 1 line of webbing. Hitting 44/375 & 44/425's. I will concure with the OP, nothing but straight gas out of mine!

Thunder_Stick

Addicted to Softballfans
Went back out today and put another 100 or so hits on the bat. It does now have 3 small lines of webbing, nothing like yours Madbeers, and no spirals. The sweetspot has opened up greatly, this bat is going to put Easton back on-top of ASA. This bat however does need to be broken in. Those looking for Hot out of the wrapper experience like you get from the J3 are going to be dissapointed. But trust me don't give up, this bat wakes up within the first 100 or so hits and then it hits gear after gear. I don't see this bat slowing down anytime soon. I haven't even thought about swinging my J3 since hitting this new easton.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Went back out today and put another 100 or so hits on the bat. It does now have 3 small lines of webbing, nothing like yours Madbeers, and no spirals. The sweetspot has opened up greatly, this bat is going to put Easton back on-top of ASA. This bat however does need to be broken in. Those looking for Hot out of the wrapper experience like you get from the J3 are going to be dissapointed. But trust me don't give up, this bat wakes up within the first 100 or so hits and then it hits gear after gear. I don't see this bat slowing down anytime soon. I haven't even thought about swinging my J3 since hitting this new easton.

Damnit now you got me thinking about selling my J3A for another one of these. Lol I guess I will wait until I hit it outside before getting rid of the proven fire stick. But I sure hope Easton has a hit here!!!

Keep the updates coming fellas as soon as I get outside with mine I will post a review also.

MB:D

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Madbeers you might have gotten a bad one. Mine has easily 1000 hits and doesn't have 1 line of webbing. Hitting 44/375 & 44/425's. I will concure with the OP, nothing but straight gas out of mine!

That very well could be the case. Who knows? I have another one that in wrapper, if this one gives up the ghost I'll find out if it was just an anomaly. I'll get to hit my L3 on my normal BP field today, so I should be able to see what kind of distance I'm getting.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
That very well could be the case. Who knows? I have another one that in wrapper, if this one gives up the ghost I'll find out if it was just an anomaly. I'll get to hit my L3 on my normal BP field today, so I should be able to see what kind of distance I'm getting.

Please post the results. I am very curious to see what kind of distance you are getting.

Thx MB

sober0014

Addicted to Softballfans
haven't swung one yet, but my buddy has. he said, it's much better than last years. and, he is a j3a lover too.

i'm waiting on the B4; probably gonna be a while from what easton cs has been telling me.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Please post the results. I am very curious to see what kind of distance you are getting.Thx MB

I will man.

it's much better than last years.

Are you taking about the L4? This is a new stick this year. 2 piece, 12 inch barrel and endloaded. The L4 is a one piece.

I will say this, just 125 swings in and I love the feel and barrel of the L3 more than the L4. I sold my L4 after 400 cuts cause it didn't perform like my OGs or SRV3 or Fu.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I will man.

Are you taking about the L4? This is a new stick this year. 2 piece, 12 inch barrel and endloaded. The L4 is a one piece.

I will say this, just 125 swings in and I love the feel and barrel of the L3 more than the L4. I sold my L4 after 400 cuts cause it didn't perform like my OGs or SRV3 or Fu.

Dammit, stop saying all these good things...lol...my L4 is as hot as any bat out there IMO, if the L3 is better, then i'm even more anxious to pick one up!!!

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
Know this it's got a good end load on it. I swing a 28oz 100h and 13L4 and the end load in the L3 puts them to shame.

13obby

Addicted to Softballfans
The 27 I swung was very end loaded and unlike any other asa easton thus far as far as weighting. It had maybe 50 cuts and wasn't anything special. But, I guess it needs more from what I've read here.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Didn't make it to my normal BP field today. Hit close to work on an open field. Put another 125 cuts on it. Spiral increased as did the other webbing. No rattles whatsoever. Both guys that hit it were impressed with the feel. They both thought the distance was killer, but again, open field.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Didn't make it to my normal BP field today. Hit close to work on an open field. Put another 125 cuts on it. Spiral increased as did the other webbing. No rattles whatsoever. Both guys that hit it were impressed with the feel. They both thought the distance was killer, but again, open field.

New pics?

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Alright brethren. I had a small window to get some swings in this morning on my normal field so I took advantage of it. Conditions were ideal. So's here's my official review....

27oz 14L3, 300 total hits. Barrel was stiff up till 30-50ish swings. Webbing started immediately. Sweetspot opened up considerably over each round. Exit speed was impressive. Weighting feels the same to the 13L1 (Which is my only criticism). Distance was killer. Slightly behind my UTrip gamers (100H). If I were to sum it up, if you like an 13L1, this bat breaks in quicker and has a larger sweetspot.

ONLY CONCERN..... Durability. Hard to say that about an Easton, but I'm worried. Unless someone can convince me otherwise.....

Last edited: