SP14L3....wow

SvtRickey

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a tester out of the wrapper 350 after 200hits 330 and hitting missles already. I have had some paint chipping but I have another one with 1000hits testing at 285 it's on fire!!!! And not one chip. So I will have to say if you like the helmer 2-piece line you'll love the l3. I hit the L1 and love it, L3 feels close to it with a much softer barrel.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Let me hit them head to head and I'll comment. I still think the flex is king, but they are 2 different feels. 13 inch "balanced" barrel one piece vs a 2 piece, EL, 12 inch barrel (which is more my style).

28 Flex and 27 L3 can be my go to ASA sticks no problem. Flex is truly king imo, but that L3 is very very nice.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I took one out the wrapper... One hopped the fence 325' on the first swing... It feels very stiff still... Maybe about 30 hits tops so far? Has a nice endload for sure!

caliplayer74

Addicted to Softballfans
So interesting. Maybe I'm giving Easton too much credit about being able to swing in 50 degree weather? Maybe my balls are too hard? Maybe I got a dud. How about in the white "E?" See any webbing there?

We'll bro I have had a lot of different sticks that I swing and never had any issues but IMO I think with the combination of weather and harder balls is what did in your stick bro these bats now days are designed for ASA 52/300 only unless it's u-trip then u can hit anything for the most part.

the rev

Addicted to Softballfans
i put a 2nd round on my 26 L3 probably up to around 75 swings all with 52s its still pretty stiff and very endloaded, if you hit square it up it goes. needs a lot of work but i can tell this is going to be a solid bat if you put some good work on it. compared it to the juggy and 13l4 both with over 800 swings its right there with them. temped to do a small round of 44s to help break in, anyone have any problems with durabilty on 44's? i'm not going to go out and 100 swings on it in a row with TAs like i'm sure some people do and kill a bat early.

SvtRickey

Addicted to Softballfans
i put a 2nd round on my 26 L3 probably up to around 75 swings all with 52s its still pretty stiff and very endloaded, if you hit square it up it goes. needs a lot of work but i can tell this is going to be a solid bat if you put some good work on it. compared it to the juggy and 13l4 both with over 800 swings its right there with them. temped to do a small round of 44s to help break in, anyone have any problems with durabilty on 44's? i'm not going to go out and 100 swings on it in a row with TAs like i'm sure some people do and kill a bat early.

Good to go with 44. I am not a masher but I did out 6 out today with it. Hitting 44/375-400-425. Had no problems looks perfect still going strong easily 300hits with those balls today.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
We'll bro I have had a lot of different sticks that I swing and never had any issues but IMO I think with the combination of weather and harder balls is what did in your stick bro these bats now days are designed for ASA 52/300 only unless it's u-trip then u can hit anything for the most part.

Everything I've read from Easton, no where does it say that the L3 is designed for the 52/300. I've read Chris Larsen saying that about DeMar's newer ASA line. But never heard anything about staying away from anything harder than a 52/300.

Well, you saw the results of my stick. Swinging against a mixed bag of 52/300 and 44/375. All signs point to the L3 being designed for a mushier ball.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Good to go with 44. I am not a masher but I did out 6 out today with it. Hitting 44/375-400-425. Had no problems looks perfect still going strong easily 300hits with those balls today.

Love how I get blasted earlier in the thread for swinging against SOME 44's and people are recommending to still do it.

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
Love how I get blasted earlier in the thread for swinging against SOME 44's and people are recommending to still do it.

Yes, but he prefaced it with "I'm no masher". Mashers like you don't get the green light on 44's.

I swung mine some more yesterday, and it's got the potential to be a phenomenal bat. IMHO it has plenty of pop out of the wrapper, the more it opens up will just be a "bonus". I just hope these things last for 1500+ swings without having to totally baby them along.

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
so the L3 is the goodz, how is everyone liking the new green L6? whats the durability on those? i'm tempted to try it since last years L6 was hot!

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Yes, but he prefaced it with "I'm no masher". Mashers like you don't get the green light on 44's.

I swung mine some more yesterday, and it's got the potential to be a phenomenal bat. IMHO it has plenty of pop out of the wrapper, the more it opens up will just be a "bonus". I just hope these things last for 1500+ swings without having to totally baby them along.

I ain't a masher.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
Got mine yesterday. Hopefully put some cuts on it in the next few days. I can really feel the EL in it. I think I'm going to love it.

SvtRickey

Addicted to Softballfans

I don't mash, I can put them out though just not on command. Also, I have been hitting these ball in BP for just over a year they aren't the rocks they used to be. Plus, I am in sunny FL where it's been in the low 80's. That all might have an effect on how the bat takes the ball. I will say I do have some 52/525 and 53/600 in the bucket and the bat hits them fine. I am not a small guy, 6'1 225lbs with a good swing I just try and hit gaps and don't turn BP into HR derby. Mad beers, I never blasted you but I do think the 44/375 ball is good to go on the l3. Mine doesn't seem to have a problem with them 500hits still over 300 compression. Maybe your just a beast.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I don't mash, I can put them out though just not on command. Also, I have been hitting these ball in BP for just over a year they aren't the rocks they used to be. Plus, I am in sunny FL where it's been in the low 80's. That all might have an effect on how the bat takes the ball. I will say I do have some 52/525 and 53/600 in the bucket and the bat hits them fine. I am not a small guy, 6'1 225lbs with a good swing I just try and hit gaps and don't turn BP into HR derby. Mad beers, I never blasted you but I do think the 44/375 ball is good to go on the l3. Mine doesn't seem to have a problem with them 500hits still over 300 compression. Maybe your just a beast.

Ironically my bag is chuck full of 2 and 3 year old balls. The only new balls that I have are classic M's and that's only a handful of my 50+ BP balls in the bag. Maybe it was just the cold. I'll swing it again tomorrow after I get done breaking in a DC41 for a friend. Also gonna turn it loose it league and let guys on a work team swing it. We'll see what happens.