8th Annual Swinging Bunt

you don't know your position rank come draft time. hell, you'll probably never know it. just the captains.

Right, I got that. I was simply joking that if you are not on the team with the guy who has the #1 overall pick, you can safely assume you weren't the first drafted player. That is all.

belly43

Bored without softball
I've got a 27.5 ounce filby I want to get rid of has maybe 200 swings on it. I want 120 out of it I have a receipt also.

Sixes

K C C O
Draft sheets are out!!

i like what they have done to try and thwart some of the guys who would code their ratings and they have gone through and monitored what people rated themselves as….

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
Draft sheets are out!!

i like what they have done to try and thwart some of the guys who would code their ratings and they have gone through and monitored what people rated themselves as….

Is that info posted somewhere or are you a captain?

Sixes

K C C O
I am a captain.

I do hafta to say, dusty does a helluva job with this.

He is organized, tries to be as fair as possible and has the best interest in the players of the tourney in mind.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Ahha, that changes the dynamic a little bit. :) Strong case for a first round pick there!

it was actually the very first ever held superdraft (aka Illinois Superdraft). I whined and cried the whole night to CARMEL that we was going to get our butts kicked.

Sixes

K C C O
That is very cool. I wondered how many people honestly rated themselves vs exaggerated ratings.

I don't think exaggerated ratings were an issue, but more of stuff like putting themselves all 3s and C, 1B when they are an outfielder on a B team.

I don't think exaggerated ratings were an issue, but more of stuff like putting themselves all 3s and C, 1B when they are an outfielder on a B team.

Really? Perhaps I'm just naive here, but I don't understand why players would want to do that.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
I don't either, but I guess it was being done.

previous bunts a lot of guys admitted to it. One team had like 4 or 5 teammates on the same team. They all put the same thing. Dusty and crew are doing a great job changing things up to make sure people arent cheating.

Sixes

K C C O
I am not from there, so I don't know everybody, but my 1st year, there was a team where like 6 guys with the same jerseys on....

Classy, a fundraiser softball tournamnet for a charity organization and people still try those kinds of things. My first year also, I'm just looking forward to playing with a bunch of strangers and seeing how we do.

Crash1207

The BUNT Guy
That is very cool. I wondered how many people honestly rated themselves vs exaggerated ratings.

We have a small group that reviews all the ratings and will fix anything that looks way off. We don't catch them all but we usually make corrections to about 10-12 each year.

Oh, and we also make the "Secondary Positions" all uniform. That field is free form text on the form so guys can put in whatever you want. So we have guys clearly using that to make themselves stand out and that gets changed.