2014 Gamers Thread

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm now officially gaming a Mizuno GGE70 that I picked up used. After I relaced it I was really impressed with how great the glove feels. Seems like a perfect pattern for softball infield. I'm now considering trying to pick up a new one.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
I'm now officially gaming a Mizuno GGE70 that I picked up used. After I relaced it I was really impressed with how great the glove feels. Seems like a perfect pattern for softball infield. I'm now considering trying to pick up a new one.

Isnt this the model that is stamped 12.75 and plays at like 12.25 or 12.5? Ive been tempted to pick up the few that have hit the board.

On another note, still cant bring myself to pull the tags off my 1781 and take it to the field :eek:. Its begging to be gamed but its so damn pretty when its clean :mad:

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
Isnt this the model that is stamped 12.75 and plays at like 12.25 or 12.5? Ive been tempted to pick up the few that have hit the board.

On another note, still cant bring myself to pull the tags off my 1781 and take it to the field :eek:. Its begging to be gamed but its so damn pretty when its clean :mad:

Yeah, it definitely doesn't play 12.75. Probably right between 12.25 and 12.5. I have a Mizuno GCP86X and it is a good half inch longer than the GGE70.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Yeah, it definitely doesn't play 12.75. Probably right between 12.25 and 12.5. I have a Mizuno GCP86X and it is a good half inch longer than the GGE70.

Hows the hand stall on it? The last mizuno I had, a GMP10, was incredibly small. At that size, sounds like I could use one :cool:

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
Hows the hand stall on it? The last mizuno I had, a GMP10, was incredibly small. At that size, sounds like I could use one :cool:

Not small at all. I'd say pretty average. It's on the softer side compared to most gloves I've owned and it's pretty used but I would say the hand stall is average sized for sure.

Play mostly 2nd with the 1781 PI, but have used the 1781 Custom and PRO1000HC before. Started breaking in the 12.25 Custom Glovesmith to rotate with the others. Pro Flare with black relace for outfield that doesn't get much use.

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
That Glovesmith 12.25 looks great, and huge.

Play mostly 2nd with the 1781 PI, but have used the 1781 Custom and PRO1000HC before. Started breaking in the 12.25 Custom Glovesmith to rotate with the others. Pro Flare with black relace for outfield that doesn't get much use.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Thats a really nice looking lineup there bud. Honestly looks like something Id put together. Impressive.

DIRTY 30

Looks really good, man. Well done. Let me know if you want to get some tan lace on there once those orange tan ones wear out. We can even mod it so you don't have to lace the wrist all the way to the tightest setting.

onyur6

Addicted to Softballfans
Gamers

4DEAE44D-B6BC-49DC-A3AE-C57A871E4255.jpg

398A9DE8-B628-4FF6-8728-31BFB737D7BB.jpg

9C7AB5EA-0960-4191-BA79-089DCFE8FEF5.jpg

PROS27MTB
PRO 504-6
PRO-DCTP

chazerous

I've been thinking of a gloveSmith too. If you ever want to move yours, you just let me know. I'll take care of you real nice like.

More I use the GS the more I like it, def a keeper....you won't be disappointed. As pointed out many times they will do just about anything for you, very happy with how it came out. Yeah both gloves are stamped 12.25" but the custom is bigger, close to 12.5

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
Every 1781 pic I see brings me a step closer to breaking mine in and gaming it. And this one just may have done it. Hope I can get mine as deep as the ones Ive seen. I assume customs are a true 12.25 as opposed to the 12" of the PI?

you can see mine on Dirty 30s youtube. Published 2/11