USSSA Military Worlds PCB

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Last year was a complete wash. How many other times has that happened?

If a complete cancellation has never happened, has it ever been shortened or changed due to excessive rain? How was it altered?

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
I am playing with G.I. Woody. How guys looking? So no SOCO...a little surprised with that. I thought u all were competitive but maybe missing 2 big hitters. Good luck on the civilian side.

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
I am playing with G.I. Woody. How guys looking? So no SOCO...a little surprised with that. I thought u all were competitive but maybe missing 2 big hitters. Good luck on the civilian side.

The military side was a last min decision to play in Vegas and the Band-aid to see how we all would play together and decided as a team not to make the trip to PCB. We have 4-5 civilians that play with us on the civilian side and didnt want to leave them hanging with the state tourney that same weekend. No biggie you guys will see us next year for sure.

JTF#12

Starting Player
Should be one of the best "A" Brackets in a long time. Scraps, Docs, G.I., JTF, JTF NE, Swing Kings, Commandos, JTF SE, JTF Vets, with a few others that im forgeting.

Woody34

Starting Player
we are actually looking really good... probably the most talented roster we will have in 2014 from top to bottom... gonna miss clayton but he has a great opportunity and Q is a really good pitcher too. i just can't wait to get down there and see old friends and have a good time before camp.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Just found out Tyndall no longer books their 3&4 BR houses in advance....3 days out max. Was a great way to keep costs down so now with the added costs of having to stay commercial (twice as much) we may not be making the trip.

Deez19

Addicted to Softballfans
There are plenty of condos down in PCB for anywhere$75-120 a night. Which sleeps 6-10 dudes comfortably, so split out is super reasonable. Last year I stayed 3 blocks from the fields, from Wednesday-Sunday and it was $430. Split 6 ways is $71.66 a person. I checked the other day and August is slow for most of these units so still plenty available. If your still looking, check out vrbo.com and type in Panama City Beach. Tons will come up. Just have to find the one thats right for you. Once you find one, call and ask for a military discount, most will give something off. Horizon South seems to be the cheapest/closest development in PCB so I'd check that first...once again, just type in horizon south in the search field. Anyway, I hope this helps some teams out who are still looking for lodging.....

curse21

Addicted to Softballfans
Just found out Tyndall no longer books their 3&4 BR houses in advance....3 days out max. Was a great way to keep costs down so now with the added costs of having to stay commercial (twice as much) we may not be making the trip.

rent a house. That is what we do every year and it comes out to like 150.00 person if your whole team stays in it... something to look into

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
There are plenty of condos down in PCB for anywhere$75-120 a night. Which sleeps 6-10 dudes comfortably, so split out is super reasonable. Last year I stayed 3 blocks from the fields, from Wednesday-Sunday and it was $430. Split 6 ways is $71.66 a person. I checked the other day and August is slow for most of these units so still plenty available. If your still looking, check out vrbo.com and type in Panama City Beach. Tons will come up. Just have to find the one thats right for you. Once you find one, call and ask for a military discount, most will give something off. Horizon South seems to be the cheapest/closest development in PCB so I'd check that first...once again, just type in horizon south in the search field. Anyway, I hope this helps some teams out who are still looking for lodging.....

rent a house. That is what we do every year and it comes out to like 150.00 person if your whole team stays in it... something to look into

I looked on that vrbo site the other day for a little bit....only found one house that could handle a full team.

How many of your guys are sleeping on the floor or 2 in one bed? LOL Trying to keep everyone in a bed or worst case on a couch.

The tough thing is that missing 5 starters for this leaves us with several A1C/SrA types....so too much out of pocket can easily become too much out of pocket.

I'll look a little more though....thanks! And hope to see you guys down there.

Deez19

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, it depends on the place...which is why you have to take the time to research each one to see what they have. I looked for a few minutes after I wrote that earlier. There were several 2 bedroom and a bunch of one bedrooms. Some had a king in the bedroom, bunk beds in the hall way and a queen fold out couch. That's four beds, of which two can hold 2 comfortably, equals 6 bodies in beds. There is also plenty of room to bring a blow up bed, I have a queen which is really comfortable which makes 7 in the condo. If you look in Horizon South there are several....even if you got two with say 13 on your roster at say $950-1,000 total.........equals $76.92 a man. A first year private that has known about this tournament for months should be able to swing $77 for four nights at the beach.

Deez19

Addicted to Softballfans
These are a few examples of units that would probably suit your needs. You can get two of these and your team will all be in the same complex for a reasonable price. VRBO.com, and type these listing numbers in the search window:

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
These are a few examples of units that would probably suit your needs. You can get two of these and your team will all be in the same complex for a reasonable price. VRBO.com, and type these listing numbers in the search window:

Thanks for taking the time and trying to hook fellow brothers up. Much appreciated.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Guys, really appreciate all the insight....and I'm still working on this to make it happen.

Just to clarify, it's not that guys can't afford $76 or whatever number you're throwing out there......it's that it's tough for a few guys to afford and additional $76 (random number) on top of the costs. While in the east, we're not a drive away so we have flights and rental vans as well (just like most other teams) and while we do have some sponsorship it's still money out of guy's pockets.

Varsity ball hsan't existed here prior to last year so it's not like I'm bringing softball junkies who know to budget for ball expenses each year......it's sort of a new thing to just about all of them.

Again though, I appreciate all the insight and still hoping to make it there.

Deez19

Addicted to Softballfans
I certainly understand the issue of coming from the west all the way out here. I was in AZ for a couple of years and had the exact same issues. A couple of helpful hints: A few years ago my family and I flew into I think it was Mobile instead of PCB, saved us a ton of money and if I'm not mistaken it was like a 2 hour drive, but well worth the savings in money. And the rentals were cheaper there as well, so saved money all the way around. Priceline is and always has been my friend, if your patient you can get super deals on everything to do with your trip. And if your flexible flights can be great deals. And lastly, if you do it the traditional way i.e. contacting rental places, condos etc personally, saying your coming for a military event will 99.9% of the time get you some sort of discount. On my condo I'm staying for four nights, but paid for 3 and got the cleaning fee waived. I know it's coming up on us here quickly, but if you work at it a little bit and are patient this trip can be had for a reasonable price for all involved. If you need anything please let me know I certainly can point you in the right direction. Happy hunting.....

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Looks like I'll be back at worlds this year. Didn't think I was gonna make it but what the hell....Carpe Diem, right??? Hopefully I don't have to watch it rain for 5 days straight again like last year.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
From a defensive perspective, pitchers will not be able to significantly affect the games with the screen factor in place. Yes, seeing folks that you do not have an opportunity to see all the time makes it a unique and fun event. I am glad you feel confident and comfortable with the guys you will be playing with. That always makes an impact within players. I am hoping that we get a few more teams in there. I think the last I heard there were 9 teams registered. I think teams only have like another week to enter. Either way, I think the tournament will be a very competitive one and am really looking forward to it. See you down there.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Can anyone answer this for me?

We had every intention on entering "B" but between ALS, TDY and deployments 6-7 starters cannot make the trip....unfortunatley 5-6 of the top guys in our line up. That being said, 9 of the 12 guys who "might" be able to go that weekend are at a much lower skill level.

Is the intramural division an option for this team? We are a JB, but all "available" players are ADAF, except myself (GS civilian).

Due to last year being rained out, I have no concept of how the talent levels are divided and in the 0039H attachment, it doesn't really clarify it (diff between B and intramural) very well aside from the HR allowances being less.

Thanks!

your best bet is to just call Roger Hockey and explain your situation, he's hurting for teams so i'm sure if it's fair he'll make it work for ya, PM me if you want his numbers

i can tell you that as the rules read right now there are a couple of intramural teams looking to take advantage of the rules wording

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
your best bet is to just call Roger Hockey and explain your situation, he's hurting for teams so i'm sure if it's fair he'll make it work for ya, PM me if you want his numbers

i can tell you that as the rules read right now there are a couple of intramural teams looking to take advantage of the rules wording

Yeah I emailed him last night just asking for clarification between the 2 but didn't explain our exact situation. I "think" I have enough guys to come, but it's nowhere near the level of the team you saw in DE when we played you a couple weeks back.....only 3-4 guys from that team and they all batted 7th or lower that day.

I'd like to see these guys get the experience, so just want to enter whatever division we're allowed to that would allow us to at least "feel" competitive. If there isn't a choice, then B it is.

JMIN10

Addicted to Softballfans
From what I have heard same post/base can play intramurals. I was banging on someone for this but he swears it is legit.

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is the Intramural rule per the rule book. I hope this helps. Sounds like you guys would be alright to compete in the intramural division as I read it from the rules. However just make sure and email Roger Hockey and Jeff Miller to make sure. You are allowed one contractor but if you have a player that is not a contractor and only has a DD214 then you would have to play A.

If you need anymore help let me know as I am close with Roger and Jeff.

Thanks,

Hondell
Government Issue

Sec.5.
Teams comprised of players from only one installation are eligible to compete in the following divisions: Men's Varsity B and Intramural and Women's Intramural. Men's and Women's teams with players from more than one installation MUST play in the
Varsity A Division and Women's Varsity Division

Men’s Intramural rosters must provide the following documents:
a. Guard and reservists must provide documentation showing they are assigned to an armory and/or unit within 120 miles of the military installation or command they are competing for. Guard and reservists outside 120 miles must get the permission of the USSSA Military National Director.
b.All other eligible players including retirees, DOD contractors must show proof of ID and residency from the state/local region they are playing in to prove eligibility. Men’s Intramural teams are limited to one (1) contractor.
c.Men’s teams that cannot provide player eligibility documents will be moved to the Varsity A program.
d.Exception; Any player receiving PCS orders within 45 days of the USSSA Military World Tournament can request an exception from the USSSA National Military Program Director.

CAC Common Access Card
DoD Department of Defense
PCS Permanent Change of S
tation
TDY Temporary Duty