USSSA Military Worlds PCB

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
Attached is the link for all the military rules for USSSA.

[ame]http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/0039H.pdf[/ame]

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the help guys, but 3 more guys backed out last night so we are out! Unfortunate and pretty disappointing from an installation this large.

Good luck to everyone who is making the trip!

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Coaches; This is just a friendly reminder that if at all possible you should pay your Entry Fee on-line by close of business next Friday, August 1st. Please remember that the National Office is in the Eastern Time Zone and closes at 4PM, so please take the time differences into account if you are in the Central or Western time zones. The system will be available over the weekend to process payments; however, the National Office staff will not be available if you encounter processing issues. Every year Jeff and I receive phone calls at 10 or 11 PM from teams who wait till the last moment and have not followed the procedures in the packet. YOU MUST contact your State Director and have them update your status to WORLD TOURNAMENT ELIGIBLE; failure to do so will result in you being unable to pay your team's Entry Fee. Please make sure you have e-mailed your intent to compete to Jeff Miller at [email protected]; Jeff has prepared of list of teams that he expects to receive Entry Fees from before cutting off entries. Also, if you plan to play in the Over 40 or Mixed on Thursday, please confirm this with Jeff. I look forward to seeing you and your team in Panama City Beach in three weeks. Respectfully, Roger HockeyUSSSA Military National Program Director

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
This from Roger:

This is just a friendly reminder that if at all possible you should pay your Entry Fee on-line by close of business next Friday, August 1st. Please remember that the National Office is in the Eastern Time Zone and closes at 4PM, so please take the time differences into account if you are in the Central or Western time zones.
The system will be available over the weekend to process payments; however, the National Office staff will not be available if you encounter processing issues. Every year Jeff and I receive phone calls at 10 or 11 PM from teams who wait till the last moment and have not followed the procedures in the packet. YOU MUST contact your State Director and have them update your status to WORLD TOURNAMENT ELIGIBLE; failure to do so will result in you being unable to pay your
team's Entry Fee.
Please make sure you have e-mailed your intent to compete to Jeff Miller at [email protected]; Jeff has prepared of list of teams that he expects to receive Entry Fees from before cutting off entries. Also, if you plan to play in the Over 40 or Mixed on Thursday, please confirm this with Jeff.

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
OOPS looks like we were thinking the same thing ilyk2win. I know the cutoff date is approaching so hope more will enter.

As of now I know there are:
9 teams in A
23 teams in B
16 teams in intramural
4 teams in Women
probably around 4 - 6 in 40
probably around 4 - 6 in mixed

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
Four out of nine teams are JTF...so you are saying there is a chance JTF may win A's? :)

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
I believe we still have 2 more teams that I know of:

Semper (said they were in)
JTF/Veteranos (heard they were planning on playing.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
Just found out Tyndall no longer books their 3&4 BR houses in advance....3 days out max. Was a great way to keep costs down so now with the added costs of having to stay commercial (twice as much) we may not be making the trip.

Why would Tyndall need to book hotels when tyndall is in Panama city? On a side note, I am not looking for a team to join for the world tournament, if you need a player, hit me up.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Why would Tyndall need to book hotels when tyndall is in Panama city? On a side note, I am not looking for a team to join for the world tournament, if you need a player, hit me up.

Read what I wrote again....slower.

WE (from NJ) desired booking houses ON Tyndall for US to stay at while in PCB. Half the price of staying in PCB.....but no longer an option to book in advance.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
Read what I wrote again....slower.

WE (from NJ) desired booking houses ON Tyndall for US to stay at while in PCB. Half the price of staying in PCB.....but no longer an option to book in advance.

Oops, yeah, their TLF's, (temporary lodging facilities), that is a haul though

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
JTF Veteranos from El Paso, TX will definitely be there. They have already booked hotel rooms at the hilton, and they will be in the A division. Count them in for worlds.

seminole58

Extra Hitter
Team Updates

Just got off the phone with Roger and here is the latest breakdown of teams (I dont have any names)

A- 12 teams
B- 29 teams
Intramural- 22 teams
Womens- 8
Mixed- 7
Over 40- 8

This is as of 6pm last night.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Wonder who the last two A teams are......Guessing one is Semper but not sure of the other. Guess we won't know until the brackets come out.

acr713

Player
I'm not going to military worlds this year. However i just moved back to SoCal getting stationed at Camp Pen and I'm looking to play ball. Anyone know of any teams looking for an outfielder? I'm looking to keep swinging before going to USSSA Worlds in FL next month. Thx in adv.

JTF#12

Starting Player
Wonder who the last two A teams are......Guessing one is Semper but not sure of the other. Guess we won't know until the brackets come out.

Scraps
DOCS
JTF SE
JTF Vets
JTF Alliance
GI
Team HOOD
Team LSA
Team Bragg
Semper
Swing Kings

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
As much as i hate to say this but i think Scraps will take it all, it seems to be there year. GI is the only team in there way. And from what im hearing my boys from GI arent bringing there full squad due to other commitments that couldnt be avioded. As for third place i would semper or JTF. B side i really couldnt tell you. All i hear is JNJ are pretty bad ass for the top prize

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
So this is how I see the "A" pool play brackets: This is not what Jeff or Roger has said just what I have came up with based on the 2012 (11 teams and seeding from there). If one more team enters then it will change it all up.

Pool A
SCRAPALATORS / WORTH
Swing Kingz
JTF/Veteranos

Pool B
Doc's Air Force Senior Softball
TEAM HOOD/LOUISVILLE SLUGGER
JTF Alliance
Fort Bragg/JTF/WDMS

Pool C
JTF Southeast
Government Issue
SEMPER ATHLETICS/DEMARINI
TEAM LSA

Just what I see

Hondell

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Those of you all in Hawaii better split now if you want to try and make it to Florida! That hurricane weather is no joke and the power outages may prevent you and your families from making it to the tourney if they do not have a solid mitigation plan in place. I hope you all are prepared. Be safe!

Big Al#55

Photographer
Looking at the forecast, there should be no pool play. They need to seed off points and roll right into bracket play.