ISA now allows Senior bats

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
ISA now allows Senior bats for everyone

The Independent Sports Association, ISA, held its annual convention December 2-5, 2014 at the Hilton garden Inn in Tupelo, Ms.
TUESDAY – December 2nd MEETING with Presidents Board and State Directors:
Meeting was called to order at 4:10pm
Don Stratton, ISA CEO, met with all Presidents Council and State Directors to discuss the past year. Mr. Stratton stated that although the associations numbers were down, we were still doing ok. Mr. Stratton reviewed the suspension list with all directors. The suspension was made current for the 2014 season. Each State Director review his state and future plans..

Meeting adjourned at 5:15pm..

WEDNESDAY – December 3rd – ISA RULES MEETING
Meeting was called to order at 9am by Don Stratton and turned over to National UIC Derek Setzer
Mr. Setzer opened the meeting by asking if anyone had any rules change proposals that had not been sent in prior to the convention. It was determined that there were no proposed changes that not been sent in to national office.
The following rule changes were sent to national office.
1. Classifications, Base Burglar, rule clarifications.

Meeting was adjourned at 10:58am.

WEDNESDAY – DECEMBER 3rd – RECOGNITION AND WELCOME LUNCH
LUNCHEON WAS CALLED TO ORDER AT 11:35am by CEO Don Stratton
Mr. Stratton welcomed everyone and asked Steve Lovvorn to give grace before we had lunch. After lunch the many regional and national Recognition Awards were presented by the Regional VP’s and the National UIC.
Bill Ruth (Owner) welcomed everyone and announced that Don Stratton was now part owner of the Independent Sports Association..
Meeting was adjourned at 1pm.
WEDNESDAY – DECEMBER 3rd – ISA Rules 2pm by CEO Don Stratton
The final rules were discussed and finalized as attached below
THURSDAY – DECEMBER 4TH – Computer Training
Meeting was called to order by CEO Don Stratton at 9:10am
Mr. Stratton passed out instruction and went over on the overhead, How To List a Tournament, How to send a mass email out and how to sanction a teams.
Meeting adjourned at 11:00am…

FRIDAY - DECEMBER 5TH- Rules Meeting.
Attendees finalize the following rules
2014 Independent Sports National Convention - rules effective January 1,2 015
#1-----For the Men’s and Women’s division the ISA has adopted the 1.21 BPF Bat standard to keep up with the technology of our sports. All bats must still be listed on the National web site before they are OK to be used.
#2-----All pitchers in the Men’s and Women’s program must wear a protective Mask. This mask must be worn in the manner it was intended by the manufacturer.

#3-----The pitching rubber is now extended back 10 feet giving the pitcher the option of pitching anywhere between 50 and 60 feet.
#4-----ISA Classification for the men’s and women’s are as follows:
Major - 12 Home runs then outs
Elite - 8 Home runs then outs
Upper - 4 Home runs then outs
Lower - 2 Home runs then inning ending outs
Recreational - 0 home runs then inning ending outs
Church and Women's Division
#5-----All team player classifications will be based on state director discretion
#6-----The base burglar can be any player listed on the legal roster
Can be a different player each half inning
Is eligible to run multiple time per inning for the same player
May be used as a substitute, however you will loose the base burglar for the completion of that half of an inning
If base burglar is caught on base when he or she turn at bat comes up an out will be declared
#7-----A team with the same color base color jersey may be granted home team if the other team does have the same base color . ( This rule will national level tournaments. State tournaments are at the discretion of the tournament director
#8-----All softball must have a yellow optic cover

FRIDAY - DECEMBER 6TH – Board Meeting
called to order at 10:45am
The Board acted on a suspension request from St Augustine that was denied. They discussed the upcoming conventions that decided to table any decision pending more information. Don & Bill discussed and decided that Hank Heffner would be awarded 10% of the company making him a minority owner

Meeting adjourned at 11:45pm
FRIDAY – December 6th – Open Meeting
was call to order at 3:10pm
Hank Heffner read the following rules changes that were voted on and passed by the convention attendees
Hall of Fame nominees were voted on by convention attendees and the winners will be announced at the banquet tonight.
FRIDAY – DECEMBER 6TH – HALL OF FAME BANQUET
Mr. Don Stratton welcomed everyone to the banquet and introduced Mr. Mark Jackson who will be the master of ceremonies for the evening. Mr. Jackson then said grace. After dinner the following were inducted into the Independent Softball Hall of Fame.
2014 ISA Hall of Fame Inductees
Nancy Dillion - Florida - Specialty
Steve Lovvorn - Tennessee - Specialty
Kenny McDaniel - Georgia - Director
Mike Caldwell - North Carolina - Director
Curtis Nave - Florida - Player
Bobby Davis - Florida - Player

2015 HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
Billy Blake - Player - Florida
Rusty Bumgardner - Player - North Carolina
Dave Santiago - Director - Florida
Ricky Yates - Director - Tennessee

Mr. Hank Heffner announced the following tournament sites for 2014.
2014 WORLDS/NATIONAL SITES

ISA National Tournaments
Men’s Elite/Upper & Lower-Winter Nationals
Polk County, FL-January 16 - 18
CO-ED Winter Nationals – Polk County, FL-January 23-25th
Youth Winter National-Polk County, Fl-March 7/8
Senior Winter National-Polk County, Fl-March 7/8
Eastern Spring Nationals –Leesburg,VA-Phillip Blen Park-June 20-21
South Atlantic Nationals – Lexington,SC - August 21-23
Spring Nationals/Women’s – Cherokee,NC - March 27-29
Spring Nationals/Co-ed – Cherokee,NC - March 27 - 29
Eastern Rec Nationals – Westminster, MD-Carroll County Complex - August 23-24
ISA World Tournaments
Fastpitch C World Series – Crossville, TN-July 10th-12th,2015
Fastpitch World Series – Chattanooga, TN-July 9th-12th,2015
Senior World – Columbus, IN - July 31st, August 1st & 2nd.2015
Church World – Smyrna, TN - August 8th, 2015
Wooden Bat World – Sevierville,TN-August. 7th-9th,2015
South Atlantic Rec World –Cherokee, NC - September 11th-13th,2015
Adult World Series –Chattanooga, TN - August 28th-30th, 2015
Co-ed World Series – Cherokee, NC - October 2nd-4th,2015
Women’s World – Chattanooga,TN-August 28th-30th, 2015
Fall World –Lexington,SC-TBA
Western Winter Worlds-TBA
Men’s Fastpitch World –Cherokee,NC- June 26th-28th,2015
250 Worlds –Lexington,SC- November 6th-8th
1 pitch worlds –Anderson,SC- June 19th-21st,2015
2 pitch worlds-Metro Softball,Atlanta,GA-September 4th-6th,2015
2013 NATIONAL AWARD WINNERS
Executive Directors Award - Derek Setzer - North Carolina
President Council Award - Easton Sports/Brett Helmer
ISA Base Burglar Award - Scott Pittman, South Carolina
ISA Pop Davis Award - Joe Lelievre-Florida
ISA Fast Pitch Director of the Year - Bill Knight - Tennessee
ISA Adult Director of the Year - Clint Angel - Florida
ISA Adult Complex of the Year - Citizens Park - S C
ISA Fast Pitch Complex of the Year- The Summitt - Tennessee
Mr. Stratton then announced that the 2015 Convention site would be released the first of the year.

Mr. Bill Ruth, owner of the Independent Softball Association, closed the convention with his annual thank you speech. Mr. Ruth wished everyone a happy holiday season and a great year in 2015.
Convention was adjourned at 10:10pm.

Minutes prepared by,
Jerry Jackson
Northern Region VP

Last edited:

wagon487

2016 Vegas Champs 60 Major
that's crazy talk, I thought they were talking about seniors but no, eeveryone....crazy

mihklo

Some of the reasoning is just retarded. Saying.....well they're not as hot as a cut bat. Smh.

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
Good for them! Maybe people are so tired of hitting the piece of crap 52/275 balls and regular bats. It's great they are using a good ball and great bat:cool: Nice job!

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
There is nothing good about a normal hitter using a senior bat. Put it in the hands of someone with average ability and it becomes aerial weapon. What do you think will happen when an above average player hits with it?

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
This was posted on the book of faces by an ISA director.

Screen-Shot-2014-12-11-at-91113-AM_zpsc6c64c8a.jpg

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
There is nothing good about a normal hitter using a senior bat. Put it in the hands of someone with average ability and it becomes aerial weapon. What do you think will happen when an above average player hits with it?

This happened the first time I swung a Senior stick.:D
4495784139_6d385ca7ee_z_540x359.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
No ISA around these parts.

ISA was dying here too. I applaud them for making a change that is creating interest.

im not sure that making senior bats legal fixes the shaving issue though. the cheaters will just shave the senior bats now.

phoenix26

ISA was dying here too. I applaud them for making a change that is creating interest.

im not sure that making senior bats legal fixes the shaving issue though. the cheaters will just shave the senior bats now.

It won't!
Sadly, I play with & against guys who shave Senior bats.:confused::wtf2:

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
how long do they last after being shaved? i have heard that senior bats are fragile to start with.

phoenix26

how long do they last after being shaved? i have heard that senior bats are fragile to start with.

I went through 3 last year in 8 tourneys.
Shaved I guess would depend on each players swing.

I probably would have gone through more than double that
amount if I swung cut bats.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
That is ridiculous. I guess cost is going to be the deterrent to cheating now.

mihklo

Good for them! Maybe people are so tired of hitting the piece of crap 52/275 balls and regular bats. It's great they are using a good ball and great bat:cool: Nice job!

The 52s aren't bad at all.

All that they're doing is making the game more dangerous. The regular bats are plenty hot.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
What are the home run rules across the board now?

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Pitchers are going to get killed with this new rule..

wonder if the same DA (that made the bat flip an out) came up with this rule?

kmorri41

Addicted to Softballfans
The Senior guys are worse than the young guys when it comes to shaving bats. They all talk about and laugh about there shaved senior bats around here.

Joker

This was posted on the book of faces by an ISA director.

Screen-Shot-2014-12-11-at-91113-AM_zpsc6c64c8a.jpg

yea they are retards

mihklo

I just don't get the reasoning, except for money. Where the other sanctions seem to be attempting to make the game safer this just makes it more dangerous IMO. Hell even freedom is banning Asa only bats this coming year.

Is it true that the 52 balls don't make the cut bats as effective?

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
I just don't get the reasoning, except for money. Where the other sanctions seem to be attempting to make the game safer this just makes it more dangerous IMO. Hell even freedom is banning Asa only bats this coming year.

Is it true that the 52 balls don't make the cut bats as effective?

It is a desperate attempt to grow ISA.. Just that simple. They need to work on having better people at the state director position (and higher). ISA was king in SC 4-5 years ago, but they started to make changes at the state level... and it has gone down steadily each year ever since. I really think the way things went down in the ISA Worlds in 2013 really hurt ISA... when you have a state director(who was playing for the team) have illegal players playing.. you have issues

For example: NSA was dead in SC 4-5 years ago, and they hired a person that in just that amount of time, has made NSA the best association in this state BY FAR. Good people go along way.

As for the 52 core ball... the main complaint I have with it is the bounces you get on the infield... its like trying to catch a kickball sometimes.

Mrjames

The Rookie
I play Senior and there is a greater desparity in the tealent level in Senior ball then in young mans ball.
The reflexes get slower as you get older but all you have to do is work out and you can hit the ball harder and faster. But we see almost no injuries in Senior ball ( well except for pulled hammys and shoulders going out.

mihklo

Epats I agree with the hops. They do suck. But too many people complain bout how they don't fly blah blah blah and that's what makes them "garbage". They fly plenty good