Hottest bat you've ever owned?

CoachClick

Damn Addiction
I've hit two UltraII's and a Toloso Primo. The first UltraII was well broken-in. In three pitches I put three out, and they were pretty far. I've hit farther with all my PST's, but certainly not with every swing. The Toloso Primo sucked, and we were hitting USSSA Distance balls. This Sunday I hit my second UltraII. It was brand new. In five pitches I only put one in the air, it did go over, but when I handed it back to the owner, I hit some balls farther with my PST120, and XPST4.

I'm 110% convinced that a well broken-in pinging like a bad daddy PST would greatly exceed 1.20 BPF. Maybe they wouldn't match a broken-in Ultra, but they are certainly "Ultra like"

I didn't say Ultra II. I was referring to the OG Ultra.

Next in line for me after the OG Ultra would be the broken in Lady Virus.

I have also had a "bobby buggs" pst and it was close but no cigar to the OG Ultra IMO.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't say Ultra II. I was referring to the OG Ultra.

Next in line for me after the OG Ultra would be the broken in Lady Virus.

I have also had a "bobby buggs" pst and it was close but no cigar to the OG Ultra IMO.

It's true that I've never hit an OG Ultra. The only Buggs PST I ever hit was a Powdershell. I was not impressed, but considering the guy sold it to me as stock, then refunded my money after posting pics on here to prove it was NOT stock, he could have lied about who did the work as well. Of course WS137 should have more potential than a Powdershell either way.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
It's true that I've never hit an OG Ultra. The only Buggs PST I ever hit was a Powdershell. I was not impressed, but considering the guy sold it to me as stock, then refunded my money after posting pics on here to prove it was NOT stock, he could have lied about who did the work as well. Of course WS137 should have more potential than a Powdershell either way.

Hey you...Don't knock my Toloso!!!!!!;0;)
There are two. One sucked and the other, well, did not. Furtherest bat I have ever hit was with that PINGER!

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey you...Don't knock my Toloso!!!!!!;0;)
There are two. One sucked and the other, well, did not. Furtherest bat I have ever hit was with that PINGER!

Two Toloso's or two Primos? My buddy had a Primo. I never hit a Maximus. We both love metal and he sold his Primo cause neither one of us thought it was any good.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Well hellz bellz.....I might be completely wrong. Both I have owned were well worn. I thought the better one was the Primo. I might have been spreading lies for the last 7 years. Wish I had the stick to see which it was.

charlied

Addicted to Softballfans
For me it was the OG Extended, it hurt my heart when they changed the rules and I couldnt use it anymore. I keep one with a crack for memories

dj_EMPYRE

bettah have my do-nuts
28 oz SCX3. Loved that bat!

Yes me too -
I had a 27 oz. My first bat. Bought it on here NIW and took me almost 6 months to break in. I remember hitting the lights at a park here in town and thinking it was a fluke. A few days later I hit another set of lights lazer shot, not booming. Lasted another 6-8 months then it cracked. Got a replacement SCX3 and that bat did the same for me! How I miss those bats.

hwood

RESIDENT STUD
Og ultra or sb34 genesis
Ultra 2
Og freak
There it is.
For those who have not swung a sb34 genesis it will blow your mind before it cracks in 50 swings

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Og ultra or sb34 genesis
Ultra 2
Og freak
There it is.
For those who have not swung a sb34 genesis it will blow your mind before it cracks in 50 swings

My SB34 is going strong. Well, hasn't cracked. Gave it and a Launch 650 to my sister in law so she can try to get one over the fence. Love the dead wood sound and feel of that bat.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Well hellz bellz.....I might be completely wrong. Both I have owned were well worn. I thought the better one was the Primo. I might have been spreading lies for the last 7 years. Wish I had the stick to see which it was.

I think the Primo was supposed to be the better one. The Maximus had carbon fiber sleeve inside. Maybe they used too thick a sleeve, maybe they didn't use a thinner shell than a single-wall ti. I wouldn't know.

I think the Primo was supposed to be a .050" seamless tube. That makes it thinner than the Easton and Worth, and the same thickness as the LS, which was the hottest. I get the idea however, that the Toloso guys weren't engineers. There is more to hotness than thickness, even if it is the prime consideration. Look at a DeMarini UW taper. The sharp transition creates a stiff area. Imagine the bat as being a lot of flat springs arranged in a circle and attached to a handle. The stiff area created by the sharp taper ends the spring. A short spring is stiffer than an long spring that is otherwise identical. The smooth taper and rounded endcap of the Powerdomes effectively lengthen the spring. The Toloso Primo had a handle stuffed up inside the barrel...stiffening it. Hence the Primo could not possibly have even as hot as the LS Ti. And likely was not as hot as any of the original titanium bats.

Last edited:

obxdaplace

Addicted to Softballfans
New to posting here, but been lurking for a while...

OG Ultra has to be near the top
But I also loved the old Miken MSVE-1 Velocit-e. I hit my longest and hardest bombs with that bat. Felt like the sweetspot was huge.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
OG ultra max load, hitting super blue dots that Asa was using at the time I'm amazed there weren't more serious injuries. With all the whiny bs stories on here about shaved bats and check swing home runs these bats were the closest I've seen in real life. Take a guy who could barely reach the warning track with a Demarini double wall or Springsteel put an ultra in his hands and watch the home runs fly. The difference between the best bats of that time and the ultra was crazy.

Bats from more recent time Boombah Cannon was one of the best bats I've swung.

osufan2k

Addicted to Softballfans
2014 Juggy with a 7" seam crack and over 1000 hits. It's a lot of fun right now...

Also owned a 27oz Lady Virus that was webbed up and ridiculous.