Some old stamp Eastons banned in ASA...

TRaj2327

Thanks for that. This is exactly how I feel about those who are whining.

For those of you saying Easton has lost your business, clearly if you are upset they weren't getting your business anyway if you were swinging a 10 year old bat. If this actually is a stunt to get people to buy new stuff, I'm sure they don't care if they lose you. It's about that dollar...any of them that they get as a result.

I don't think I've see a stock one in play for a long time. These bats were some of the most frequently shaved bats of that time and still to this day. Good riddance to all of them.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Old Easton ASAs are notoriously shaven, so much so that even if yours is clean you're still guilty by association. Flexes, extendeds and the other ancient SCN/SCX's had a good run for 10 years, time to move on.

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
i prefer the old bats bc of the CNT barrels - SCN9 my fave. IMO its better than IMX and cant say so far on TCT. Late to the party, just got a torq.

Rega17

'MERICA
The new stuff gets shaved just as much around here. Nothing is different far as that is concerned.

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
For all you guys moving on from Easton for ASA try the Demarini line. I left Easton in 2011 when I swung a J3A and have not looked back. Between the Juggy, Insane, Aftermath, and future, you will find one of them that fits your swing.

TRaj2327

For all you guys moving on from Easton for ASA try the Demarini line. I left Easton in 2011 when I swung a J3A and have not looked back. Between the Juggy, Insane, Aftermath, and future, you will find one of them that fits your swing.

You're on the money with that recommendation. Nobody is doing it better right now. Easton guys would probably love the aluminum handle bats in the Aftermaths, but the Juggy, Mercy, and Insane absolutely kill it as well. Future and Legacy are also great options but a bit more endloaded than most of the bats that were banned.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Well I guess it's time for a new ASA Easton!

It's definitely great bats for the value. An ASA bat for under $100 that can hang with anything else. The price does not dictate the performance.

I know people will say the $200+ DNA's, Insanes, or AM/Juggies outhit Eastons, but i disagree. I havent tried a DNA, but i've swung all the other ones side by side with my ASA Eastons, and theres no way i'm spending another $100-$175 just to get similar performance.

I'm not saying Demar isn't a great choice for ASA...i think theyre great bats, i love the AM and Futures, but it's not enough to make me drop my 13' L4 or my ASA Torq.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Easton hasn't had a winner since their 2012 UTrip line. They are bleeding. Miken and Worth have owned UTrip for the past 2 seasons. DeMar and Monsta have owned ASA. Seems to be a desperation move.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Easton hasn't had a winner since their 2012 UTrip line. They are bleeding. Miken and Worth have owned UTrip for the past 2 seasons. DeMar and Monsta have owned ASA. Seems to be a desperation move.

I traded/sold my OG100h's because i felt like the new stuff did just as good. I also got rid of them at the right time before the value went wayyy down. I also have some utrip Mikens and have yet to think that they are way ahead of my Torq. This has been my experience...i know you have a lot of experience with swinging these bats...and you are a beast with a bat..i'm just adding my input.

Dont get me wrong...i think my mikens, connell legit, the futures and Aftermaths are greats bats...i would love to have every one if i could afford it, but they still don't wow me enough to completely disregard the great perfomance the Torq has. It also is one of the best feeling bats i've ever swung...

I am probably going to pick up a new Legit and the new Helmers when they get super cheap.

bpierce208

Addicted to Softballfans
USSSA I swing an ST100, love it...ASA I was swinging an OG Flex. STOCK. We hit a relatively hard ball around here, so it was great. It is truly amazing that people are annoyed about people being annoyed...

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Here's the thing, there was no notice given that this was going to happen, even though the bats are up to 10 years old. The bats were grandfathered in. Notice the word banned isn't used here. I wonder if its because if the word banned is used that ASA/Easton sets themselves up for liability? Because if they mention anything with regards to performance being above 98mph, they set themselves up to be sued? That would mean they knew the bats were exceeding 98mph even with the change to a newer ball which has been for a few years now. With the LV, Combat pulled the bat & the bat was banned. Is this necessarily any different?

SoftballBomber9

Addicted to Softballfans
2016 O.G. A.S.A bats banned?????

So can anyone share some wisdom and knowledge on this crap. Asked an umpire yesterday about this and he was fumbling and mumbling more with a 2 year old.
If this is a repeat thread I'll make sure to erase it.

O.G. Flex
O.G Extended
Easton Stealth "SCN7" Sale soon
Freak 98

Am I GTG on swinging my flex?

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's the thing, there was no notice given that this was going to happen, even though the bats are up to 10 years old. The bats were grandfathered in. Notice the word banned isn't used here. I wonder if its because if the word banned is used that ASA/Easton sets themselves up for liability? Because if they mention anything with regards to performance being above 98mph, they set themselves up to be sued? That would mean they knew the bats were exceeding 98mph even with the change to a newer ball which has been for a few years now. With the LV, Combat pulled the bat & the bat was banned. Is this necessarily any different?

When I saw voluntarily removing bats from certified list that was the first thing that came to my mind

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
So can anyone share some wisdom and knowledge on this crap. Asked an umpire yesterday about this and he was fumbling and mumbling more with a 2 year old.
If this is a repeat thread I'll make sure to erase it.

O.G. Flex
O.G Extended
Easton Stealth "SCN7" Sale soon
Freak 98

Am I GTG on swinging my flex?

In ASA sanction play all 3 of the Eastons listed are no longer allowed.

RalphG427

On the bench
Easton voluntarily removed them from the approved bat list. The general consensus has been that this is a ploy to increase their sales. I guess they realized that these bats will never break using .52 cor balls

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok I haven't read through this whole thread I also have not taken time to chx asa lists .. Can anyone verify if these bats have been put on non approved list, I know they've been removed from approved list..
Tia!

stillballin

The Veteran
Ok I haven't read through this whole thread I also have not taken time to chx asa lists .. Can anyone verify if these bats have been put on non approved list, I know they've been removed from approved list..
Tia!

hey brother... I think until they are actually placed on the non approved list with asa stamp these will be treated as they have no legit asa stamp...

I did some reading on pre-abi bats last night and it looks like ASA has been wanting to do away with the grandfathering of bats for a few years now, rumors since 2012 that these would be banned.. now that Easton has worked with ASA on this, I suspect ASA may drop the certification of all pre-abi bats... maybe a move like usssa and only recognize the newer stamps?... guess only time will tell..

This is just my opinion and not a fact... lol.. not trying to spread rumor just trying to make sense of all this...

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

Easton and TPS rule WSL around here, and UTrip when they test. Their(Miken Worth) bats may be hot, but you're lucky if they stay legal with compression testing for a month. You want to talk about bats that should be banned, it should be those. Bats that don't stay legal for more than 200 swings. The fact that they named last year's bats 220 is just a huge middle finger to all of us.

TRaj2327

Truth. Nothing Easton puts out comes anywhere even close on radar.

Easton and TPS rule WSL around here, and UTrip when they test. Their(Miken Worth) bats may be hot, but you're lucky if they stay legal with compression testing for a month. You want to talk about bats that should be banned, it should be those. Bats that don't stay legal for more than 200 swings. The fact that they named last year's bats 220 is just a huge middle finger to all of us.

Also true. I hate that nothing gets banned anymore. However, the field test is nothing more than that. It's supposed to be a close equivalent to the lab tests. A failing bat does not guarantee a bat that is too hot, however, we all know that likely they are.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
hey brother... I think until they are actually placed on the non approved list with asa stamp these will be treated as they have no legit asa stamp...

I did some reading on pre-abi bats last night and it looks like ASA has been wanting to do away with the grandfathering of bats for a few years now, rumors since 2012 that these would be banned.. now that Easton has worked with ASA on this, I suspect ASA may drop the certification of all pre-abi bats... maybe a move like usssa and only recognize the newer stamps?... guess only time will tell..

This is just my opinion and not a fact... lol.. not trying to spread rumor just trying to make sense of all this...

Yeah this is kinda where I was going with the question.. As I read/understand it the old stuff will no longer be allowed in (champion) play and will be up to the discretion of LD's to allow them in league play (if not on non approved) list.. Imo it's BS utrip did it few years back.. It's all bout $$.. and that's fine with me as I don't do utrip (don't care to) but again imo I think the fact that asa didn't pull the same crap is why it (asa) has kind of stayed alive, so if they pull that stuff it would not surprise me to see asa fall by the way side

stillballin

The Veteran
Yeah this is kinda where I was going with the question.. As I read/understand it the old stuff will no longer be allowed in (champion) play and will be up to the discretion of LD's to allow them in league play (if not on non approved) list.. Imo it's BS utrip did it few years back.. It's all bout $$.. and that's fine with me as I don't do utrip (don't care to) but again imo I think the fact that asa didn't pull the same crap is why it (asa) has kind of stayed alive, so if they pull that stuff it would not surprise me to see asa fall by the way side

I guess another thing to consider is ASA stamps are recognized by other organizations besides ASA sanctioned tourneys and events... such as high school and college level play... I think this dropping of certification will be discussed more throughout all levels of softball, not only slowpitch... perhaps the ASA people will issue a clarification for all the people who have so many questions...

as far as Easton and their profit margin I would suggest they sell their 99 dollar bats ( 15' kirbys, wegs, torq, and others were going for last month) for a reasonable price at the beginning of the season... more like the 200-250 price range... not 300-400. I already seen the new helmer prices and it is unreal what they are asking... and in December the price will drop and their resell value will too... rant over... lol...

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess another thing to consider is ASA stamps are recognized by other organizations besides ASA sanctioned tourneys and events... such as high school and college level play... I think this dropping of certification will be discussed more throughout all levels of softball, not only slowpitch... perhaps the ASA people will issue a clarification for all the people who have so many questions...

as far as Easton and their profit margin I would suggest they sell their 99 dollar bats ( 15' kirbys, wegs, torq, and others were going for last month) for a reasonable price at the beginning of the season... more like the 200-250 price range... not 300-400. I already seen the new helmer prices and it is unreal what they are asking... and in December the price will drop and their resell value will too... rant over... lol...

Agreed and I've noticed the same. I haven't found the '16 Torq yet for less than $399 which to me seems ridiculous when you consider they'll most likely be had for $150 or less in roughly 9 months or so.

If they put them at a better price point to start with, they won't have to blow them out at ridiculous prices later.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I did some reading on pre-abi bats last night and it looks like ASA has been wanting to do away with the grandfathering of bats for a few years now, rumors since 2012 that these would be banned.. now that Easton has worked with ASA on this, I suspect ASA may drop the certification of all pre-abi bats... maybe a move like usssa and only recognize the newer stamps?... guess only time will tell.

All of the bats that Easton requested to be pulled from the ASA approved list (SCN5 is the only exception) had previously been removed from the NCAA approved bat list. I think there's something else brewing here, and it isn't an Easton money-grab.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
I also have some utrip Mikens and have yet to think that they are way ahead of my Torq.

It isn't necessarily that Easton makes a crappy product. They don't. In fact, I think Easton's '15 line is a good one. Problem is, Eastons are the same performance (more or less) as they have been for a few years, while Miken, Worth and Demarini are now making bats that come out of the wrapper at 250 and need zero BP swings to be hot. Guys want what's hot now and simply don't have the patience to deal with Eastons anymore.

I agree that Easton is no crappy product. I suggest them to anyone who BP's regularly. Team bat situations. Leagues/tourneys that are using hard balls. But there's a big reason why on a major softball FB page that when a "Bat of the year" poll was posted, Miken and Worth dominated. I'm talking of 200 votes. Easton got 5 total votes for the TORQ. DeMar and LS didn't get much more. Miken/Worth had close to 80%. People in general are noticing a difference in performance. Bottom line... I would choose my 200 hit DC over my 4500 hit TORQ and 6K hit OG 100H. And it pains me to say that.

Where you from again JBO? I was thinking Jersey, but now I'm thinking Titletown is somewhere else? I agree that Miken and Worth failing comp is a problem. But it's one easily fixed if people did some research.

Truth. Nothing Easton puts out comes anywhere even close on radar.

I hate when people use the phrase "not even close." I agree there is a clear difference in exit speed. But not even close is an unfair statement.