Some old stamp Eastons banned in ASA...

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
The whole idea that they don't sell well and that's why there are so many at the end of the season selling so cheap is ridiculous. Could it be possible that they just manufacture more bats each year? Could it be that their bats don't break in the same amount of time as several of the top bats thereby not selling 4 of the same bat to each customer? I'm not trying to attack anyone here but none of us work at Easton and have the ability to see what they are manufacturing and units of sale. If they produced, say, half as many bats in a year there's a good chance that they'd never blow them out at the prices we see.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Could it be possible that they just manufacture more bats each year?

Yep. Remember that Worths, Mikens, and Demarinis are made in (relatively) small American factories. Eastons are pumped out of China in unknown quantities.

And I guarantee there's still plenty of profit to be had selling them for $99.

4xtra

Player/Coach
No mass appeal??

There just jelly that OG extendeds and flexs are on ebay for $650 and they cant GIVE away a bryson baker for 80$ WITH warranty at the end of the season, kuz theyre new bats have NO mass appeal and hold ZERO value. Easton is a terrible inventment TRUST me- LOOK at my sig, i know a little bit, ill NEVER buy another easton again and if they ever ban the srv3 ill go V for Vendetta on their warehouse. Not even a declared date and warning?!?! they really stuck it to the real easton nation heads, sad case, they are. Ive been loyal since c-core redlines and im done with them after this. Now to build a bat rack retirement home for the legends. Sorry if im hardh im a little mad. Just a little. :ban::wtf2::mad:

"theyre new bats have NO mass appeal and hold ZERO value"

We both know that these new young guys do not like Easton because they take time to break in and they dont have the patience to do that

Rich4863

Combat Ho
I guess it depends what one considers high level play

Rich I don't disagree with everything you said. But I do strongly disagree with one thing and that is that bats are being shaved at mid to high lvl play. I've seen more dirty bats in lower level play then anywhere else. Lot of guys playing high lvl ball can't shave em (too much to risk with sponsors). Most of the time it's E & D lvl players trying to look like conference hitters. Not to mention high lvl players are usually swinging whatever the newest product is to help promote it. You won't see to many guys in conference using a shaved extended or flex....E's different story.

I'm not considered a high level player. I'm in a D league, but shaved bats have made it into the league, but there are very few. As one moves up the foodchain, the number of shaved bats increases. The ones promoting the bats don't need to shave, but you know they have it. The ones just starting out just don't know & hence it isn't a problem...yet. Ill say this much, each time a ban happens it alienates a lot of people, some wont care, others will say, I'll just shave my next bat. Anyway, other then $ there really wasn't a good reason to ban these bats. Shaving wont go away unless we go back to metal.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
We both know that these new young guys do not like Easton because they take time to break in and they dont have the patience to do that

This is exactly the issue, and Easton knows it. The 2016 models are getting in players' hands and the reviews all say that they're breaking in faster than previous Eastons. I just hope durability doesn't suffer.

Anyway, other then $ there really wasn't a good reason to ban these bats.

All the bats that got removed from the approved list were pre-ABI bats that were grandfathered in. They probably should have been pulled a long time ago.

And technically, they weren't "banned", they were voluntarily removed from ASA's approved bat list. I'd guess that ASA gave Easton the chance to go that route before they outright banned the bats.

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Its semantics like I said

This is exactly the issue, and Easton knows it. The 2016 models are getting in players' hands and the reviews all say that they're breaking in faster than previous Eastons. I just hope durability doesn't suffer.

All the bats that got removed from the approved list were pre-ABI bats that were grandfathered in. They probably should have been pulled a long time ago.

And technically, they weren't "banned", they were voluntarily removed from ASA's approved bat list. I'd guess that ASA gave Easton the chance to go that route before they outright banned the bats.

They were pre-abi & ASA decided not to take any action for several years. If they weren't taken off then, why take them off now? And yes they were voluntarily removed, its a nice way of saying its banned without the ASA getting too involved. This isn't whats causing Easton to lose that much $. Easton is doing some bad things to its retailers & that's why they don't stock the bats anymore. Theres no $ to be made because the reps are heavily discounting the bats. This is going to be common place if Easton is successful & the other bat makers will follow.

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Combat used to have a motto on their bats "By the Players....For the Players, I don't know if they are still doing that or not. But the banning of the OG Eastons is not an action that was taken for the players. As most of you say a money grab, and also an action that ASA probably didn't want to get too tied up in. Actions like this should be taken with the players in mind.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I dont understand all the complaining of Easton taking 10 year old bats and claiming you are loyal customers. Stop crying, buy another bat that performs for under $100 or go and buy another manufacturers bat for more than that. They did make a great product with the OG's, but they are in a bat making business and they make bats every year that they want to sell.

It is NOTHING like buying a car, you want a car to last longer than a year because of what you use a car for...i wouldnt wanna take my family out to dinner on a OG Flex.

All i know is you guys can go ahead an boycott them, i'll have fun buyin them for cheap prices when they blow out...

Have a glorious day!

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Somebody else mentioned the boycotting, I agree with it if they make an inferior product as compared to the other makers. Buying the bats at clearance hurts them too. All I'm saying is they should have given some sort of advance warning. You know this is going to happen with the other makers.

Jusrah99

Somebody else mentioned the boycotting, I agree with it if they make an inferior product as compared to the other makers. Buying the bats at clearance hurts them too. All I'm saying is they should have given some sort of advance warning. You know this is going to happen with the other makers.

I dont see it as a big deal...and what good is advanced notice? So you can prepare to buy another bat? Doesnt make sense to me.

Maybe ASA is going to implement a new stamp rule like Utrip, so Easton got out in front...a lot of maybe's can come into play here...

But again...i dont understand the big deal...there are worse things happening in the world

late

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont understand all the complaining of Easton taking 10 year old bats and claiming you are loyal customers. Stop crying, buy another bat that performs for under $100 or go and buy another manufacturers bat for more than that. They did make a great product with the OG's, but they are in a bat making business and they make bats every year that they want to sell.

It is NOTHING like buying a car, you want a car to last longer than a year because of what you use a car for...i wouldnt wanna take my family out to dinner on a OG Flex. ��

All i know is you guys can go ahead an boycott them, i'll have fun buyin them for cheap prices when they blow out...

Have a glorious day!

Well, part of the value of buying an Easton is their track record for durability and long-term performance. Personally, when I buy a bat, I don't want it to crack after six months and then need a new one. The old Eastons that were banned are kind of the flagship example for a brand built on this reputation - that these bats made over 10 years ago are still seeing consistent use today makes me want to invest in that type of a product. Just like buying a Honda (since you brought up a car example), my priority is to have a reliable bat/car that lasts a long time.

However, they have now set a precedent that if they release a bat that is too good for too long, they will ban it. This diminishes the value of all current and future bats that Easton produces, plain and simple. Now, that might be a good thing for a lot of people (perhaps second-hand prices will decrease as a result), but the point stands nonetheless.

Jusrah99

Well, part of the value of buying an Easton is their track record for durability and long-term performance. Personally, when I buy a bat, I don't want it to crack after six months and then need a new one. The old Eastons that were banned are kind of the flagship example for a brand built on this reputation - that these bats made over 10 years ago are still seeing consistent use today makes me want to invest in that type of a product. Just like buying a Honda (since you brought up a car example), my priority is to have a reliable bat/car that lasts a long time.

However, they have now set a precedent that if they release a bat that is too good for too long, they will ban it. This diminishes the value of all current and future bats that Easton produces, plain and simple. Now, that might be a good thing for a lot of people (perhaps second-hand prices will decrease as a result), but the point stands nonetheless.

I didnt bring up the car vs bat point, someone else did trying to make a point that didnt make sense.

Easton is still known for its durability, and your point is only valid if the reason why they banned it cause it was too good for too long. Testing and times have changed. No one has the true reason why they were pulled, or at least it hasnt been released yet.

Again, i dont think that had anything to do with current sales because theyre different bats.

Ballisttic

Star Player
Its a fickin 10 year old bat, for fak sakes they were never meant to last that long anyway.

I see it as you got your money worth for sure. You can go buy another bat from easton or don't. But either way its your choice.

Jusrah99

Its a fickin 10 year old bat, for fak sakes they were never meant to last that long anyway.

I see it as you got your money worth for sure. You can go buy another bat from easton or don't. But either way its your choice.

Word!!!!^^^^^

ryanclink

goes hard your way catch
Sincerely - I cannot believe that they didn't just use a cutoff point which the old stamp/new stamp was put into play. It would have made a ton more sense. We have all seen dudes mash with the synergy line like the salvo. What could the difference have been? I know the SRV5 salvo gets hawt when old and lasts for years.

HarryL Southpaw

Addicted to Softballfans
End of an era....my OG Extended was a warrior for me and my teammates. However I have not even brought mine out of the bag in a few years once I got into some new stamp bats haha. But what a run and an end of an era

crocdriver

I wish this was clever
So what is everyone going to do with heir old OGs now? Throw them in the bag with the old utrip and asa stamped bats?
BP? Burglary system? With 2 extendeds added tot he list, I now have 5 unusable bats......i wish i had the means to make a chair like Mariano Rivera got when he retired.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i will take everyone's unusable bats and build myself a clubhouse with them

anyone who donates a bat can come hang out but no girls allowed