SBFs Forum

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is the type of guy that might stick around.
People that can't take it will go back to fb where all idiots roam free.
Joker did way more good than harm around here

It's impossible to say how many gtg people he ran off with his antics, but i agree he did a lot of good. If he could've just left threads alone after he made his point he'd still be here and so would a lot of the people he ran off. Just my two cents.

wcoastsoftball

I too belong to a few FB groups, and while I could trust buying from a rep, I will continue to only deal with non-reps here. Not enough protection and help on FB.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
It's impossible to say how many gtg people he ran off with his antics, but i agree he did a lot of good. If he could've just left threads alone after he made his point he'd still be here and so would a lot of the people he ran off. Just my two cents.

Disagree. He may have meant well, and been an okay guy in real life, but if all you see is condescending prick posts one after another from the same guy, it gets old. I'm not saying numbers have anything to do with his existence, but I think it did more harm than good.

In my days here, I've blocked two people. He was one of them. That speaks volumes.

WillW3

Starting Player
I like reading all the ball busting on here. Brings a little comedy to my life. The feedback page for each individual and the fact that a lot of the idiots from Facebook aren't on here keeps me here. Seems like there are more intelligent and reasonable people here. And yes, we need to bring back a bat flip thread. BGF has some great ones that are hilarious.

anthony5910

Addicted to SBF
I have seen the decline on the board as well but I always try and buy off of here first and try and sell here first because of all the NGTG's on FB.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I have seen the decline on the board as well but I always try and buy off of here first and try and sell here first because of all the NGTG's on FB.

I don't know if FB has actually caused a decline but I definitely think there will not be much growth on this forum because of FB. I just did my first trade via FB and it was terrifying but worked out safely.

The thing that killed this board was the banning (permaban) of people selling NIW gear that the store sells. I understand the need for it as the store needs to make money to keep the forum going, I just wish people could have followed the rules

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
it's not trolls. trolls were always here. at the height of this place's existence trolls where here. it's the damn facebook homos and all the players who supplement their income selling NIW bats. and it's the attitude of all these new young bucks. they're ****ing chumps

sleepin4matty

Management Material
it's not trolls. trolls were always here. at the height of this place's existence trolls where here. it's the damn facebook homos and all the players who supplement their income selling NIW bats. and it's the attitude of all these new young bucks. they're ****ing chumps

company "reps" selling their NIW gear at a way discounted price stealing sales from the SBF store basically

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
this place has seen its decline because of social media. People came here to talk about softball stuff. All that talk is now found on all those lame facebook pages. Someone even mentioned it is off season, off season used to be when everyone got on here cuz they were so damn bored. Then these dudes shot themselves in the foot by not allowing NIW items. I used to come around here quite a bit but now it is less frequent. Only when I possibly may buy something. This forum has run its course. Everything sucks now. And if one of the best posts in years is about how this place isn't good anymore really speaks volumes.

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
I think these forums are still the best place to get info on the latest bats out there and honest opinions on them. Plus as some others have said, it's the easiest place to buy and sell bats.

One thing that really disappoints me is the lack of updates to the Bat Reviews section on the main page. That section used to be great for getting reviews and now it's like a ghost town. Hardly any of the newer bats have been added.

WillW3

Starting Player

A lot of them. I'm young, but I try to stay humble. I agree a lot of people my age, and even guys older than me are total pricks though. But I must say 90% of the information I've gathered since I started playing has come from the forum. When I first started, I had no idea different COR and compression balls existed. Hell I had no idea the difference between a USSSA and an ASA bat. I've had a lot of board bros help me on my swing as well. But I've also seen the social part of this forum die, and that's one thing I enjoyed about it.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
A lot of them. I'm young, but I try to stay humble. I agree a lot of people my age, and even guys older than me are total pricks though. But I must say 90% of the information I've gathered since I started playing has come from the forum. When I first started, I had no idea different COR and compression balls existed. Hell I had no idea the difference between a USSSA and an ASA bat. I've had a lot of board bros help me on my swing as well. But I've also seen the social part of this forum die, and that's one thing I enjoyed about it.

There's a ton of good info on here and some talented players to learn from, you just have to wade through a lot of shenanigans to get it.

TRaj2327

I don't miss the way it used to be honestly. I just supplement my time on here with Facebook, but FB certainly has been the demise of this page. Facebook truly does have a cesspool of idiots on it but that is to be expected when it appeals to the early-20-somethings who lack any sense of maturity or knowledge. I think constantly saying, "use the search function" helped kill it too. I say that a thread go and see how it pans out as part of sharing knowledge and experiences is what made this place great years ago.

I really can't blame SBF for cutting out all the reps from here. Many of them are idiots anyway and they were stealing sales from the store. Had those sales not moved to Facebook it would have been a great move but the collateral damage of people following reps to facebook has likely cost the store significantly.

You know another fun word?

Poppy****.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
All those reps that got banned there where a couple that truly were good dudes with great info, nowadays I filter through the Facebook stuff and try to post the good stuff here trying to help out, but then I might be posting nonsense as I am no way affiliated with any of these companies, for the most part there are no restrictions there, information and help on here now is much harder to come by without the sarcasm, joker was the most vocal, he did good at times but took it way overboard and it got old, the others usually keep it in the lounge

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
I suppose I'll chime in on this as well since I've been here more than 10-years...

There are those who post with an intention to be helpful and throw in the razzing as an aside - then there are those who are just pr.cks who like to needle people and create controversy and havoc who only really help occasionally...

The first is typical of a good teammate who wants to keep things fun while still taking care of business - while the second is the kind of jerk teammate who would rather pull the new guy's pants down than helping him develop a good swing...

There were a lot of good posters who occasionally upset the cart (I think that can be tolerated) - but two-three years ago there were way too many of the second sort whose positive contributions were a miniscule amount of their postings on this board...

The whole undercutting the store thing was something I didn't follow very closely since I've never been a bat ***** or trader but I certainly supported the store in banning wholesale NIW competition...

My pet peeve was when they closed the board to even reading posts unless you logged into the site... I quit posting until they changed that back...

I hope this site can regain some of the commaraderie it once exhibited... The new guys know nothing of the SuperDrafts or other regional groups who teamed up for a fun weekend from time to time...

If you see a question for the 100th time, let someone else chime in with help if you're tired of answering it over and over - You don't have to roast the new guy simply because a 100 others came before him with the same question... New guys, asking old questions, is the meat-and-potatoes of almost all online forums...

I hope this year sees the board pickup positive traffic - the FB stuff can stay where it is - Helping new guys become old hands at great swings, cool pitching or awesome fielding is still the potential of this site...

%%%

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm all in favor of a new bat flip thread. we should nominate judges to score each flip this year and keep track of the standings. extra points for being called out for flipping. trophy for the winner at the end of the year

JimmyzArmSleeve

#RockstarOG
I've been here for over 10 years and still use and read the site at least once a day. I post on things from time to time and sell/buy things as well. I do think the FB group page stuff is annoying as can be, but I guess it has its place as someone mentioned earlier. The SBF store has always provided great service to me over the years and I thank them for that. In my opinion, I think the decline here can be attributed to the decline of the sport overall. Participation is down nationally in all associations. I know that directors and supporters of certain organizations may see this and comment "but ASA this or USSSA that...." so what. Facts are facts and as much as they suck.....the game is slowly dying itself. It only makes sense that the forums here would as well.

Just my $.02