SBFs Forum

THESHOE

Starting Player
Should have happened a long long long time ago, but it went on for like 2 years....

As for the other point, I can only comment from other Canadians I know who got banned right away. Granted they may have not read the specific forum rules.

Any other forum I have been a part of, nonesense like Joker wouldn't last a day.

Here it just went on and on and on. People wound up banned for retaliations yet he managed to still be kicking around.

I always suspected he was just a good buddy with the mods or something.

Whatever, I still lurk and post. I spend more of my time on SFO up in Canada mainly because the bat deals are local.

Would be nice if the BST here had a Canada section - I'd probably actually use it then on here.

2. Joker's been banned.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
Should have happened a long long long time ago, but it went on for like 2 years....
As for the other point, I can only comment from other Canadians I know who got banned right away. Granted they may have not read the specific forum rules.
Any other forum I have been a part of, nonesense like Joker wouldn't last a day.
Here it just went on and on and on. People wound up banned for retaliations yet he managed to still be kicking around.
I always suspected he was just a good buddy with the mods or something.
Whatever, I still lurk and post. I spend more of my time on SFO up in Canada mainly because the bat deals are local.
Would be nice if the BST here had a Canada section - I'd probably actually use it then on here.

And you want a canada bst section? Go back to sfo with that cluster**** of a layout they have.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Um clusterf?

canada bst might be a dumb idea, ok, but you can't search what's for sale locally which blows.

This site won't ship 3/4 of the stuff to us here but will get pissy if we discuss where to find it.

And you want a canada bst section? Go back to sfo with that cluster**** of a layout they have.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Me, nah....

Trainwreck makes some good point even about "how" I post.... :bigok:

You can go to another thread and we've shot the breeze about CL22's amicably.

I was just giving some insight. Some of the rules make it difficult as a community here.

Like I said for us, due to manufacturer restriction, SBF can't ship us a lot of the product into Canada. Then the same manufacturer will not stock them for Canada though.

Seen friends and such get banned over discussions on where we can find some of these cool items that seem to be USA exclusives up to where we are.

I'm still here and it will take a lot more than that or Joker's former nonesense to keep me out. Still a very resourceful site here.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
The whole selling update thing was handled kinda poorly, imo. It was Soup Nazi-ish. It didn't effect me, personally, cuz I don't sell too much on here anyway. But, just observing, it just seemed a little rude, imho.

People getting overly sensitive about whatever Joker said was funny to me. He was like a right of passage for the weaker newbs that couldn't handle it. lol They were culled from the herd by Joker.

The glove guys can be annoying, that's why I never even go on that page.:rolleyes:

I was so happy when they made that section thought I would live on there. Then came the smear campaign, And when I fought back, I was a jerk. Go figure. I really like good gloves and good values, not just repping Vinci.
I thought my approaching SBFs about selling on here would open some type of dialog, anything. But after three attempts to contact them with no response I gave up on them, they really need to be more responsive, even if they dont like the idea. To ignore input and ideas is just stupid. I really never tried to hide my selling on hear and I was never infracted till the rules were changed and then was hit after reading my PMs. People used to always ask me about product, if SBFs were smart they would ask me about it and try to work out something mutually beneficial. What would more sales hurt as long as we all benefited?

slick303

B(.)(.)BS
1. How much warning is appropriate? Listing the rules at the top of the forum? Having every member check a box saying they read and understood the rules to join? I can tell you some people just break the rules until you ban them, and i couldn't tell you the last time i infracted someone with no previous infractions. I'm not warning someone to not do something when they have a list of infractions.

2. Joker's been banned.

How many time has he been banned and someone lets him back everysingle time. His shtick is old.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
So there seems to be more concern about Joker being banned or not than the real problems here. Another of my bitches is having to use a photo service, its a pain in the ass.
Funny how I called out SBFs and still get no explanation or response, a simple **** you would do.....

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Who gives a **** about who is banned and who isn't, you either come here, log in, do your thing or you don't, in the grander scheme of things nobody cares who stays or who goes, it's an Internet forum for Christ's sake, with all the Facebook pages out there it's not like sbf has to be your #1 stop for all your softball trolling needs

MAB

The Rookie
The Facebook pages will die once the raffle reps start getting reported to PayPal or Google and their accounts are locked up. If SBF mods spent a day reporting their accounts, they may stop or delay the apparent death of this site. I joined to get away from the FB nonsense, but it looks as if I arrived here not long after the vultures started circling.

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
So there seems to be more concern about Joker being banned or not than the real problems here. Another of my bitches is having to use a photo service, its a pain in the ass.
Funny how I called out SBFs and still get no explanation or response, a simple **** you would do.....

I figured this was just a piss and moan thread but now i can see you are really upset. I just want you to know that i too care more about joker being banned than you wanting to sell your Vinci and Anderson junk here. What's a bigger **** you than to not even respond lol.
We've all identified the "real problems"
- fb competition, it happens
- no niw/nwt sales, get over it
- crybabies/idiots, who cares about the best bat threads. I'm talking about the simplest of things. Name and date in pics, pics at all sometimes, uniformed comments or info, etc.

Not one of the problems here is you working with sbf.

wcoastsoftball

The Facebook pages will die once the raffle reps start getting reported to PayPal or Google and their accounts are locked up. If SBF mods spent a day reporting their accounts, they may stop or delay the apparent death of this site. I joined to get away from the FB nonsense, but it looks as if I arrived here not long after the vultures started circling.

See, I think this too, not only PP and google, but if raffles are illegal without a license in Michigan, and other states, how many are based in those states and doing raffles?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the store used to sell vinci so that might be a factor. Did you call the store or just send a pm?

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the place is seeing a decline bc of so many smart ass answers to people who become offended to easily...

spartyfaith

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess my only concern would be if less activity on the site meant less sales for the store.

That's only if I owned the store so I am grateful for the connections made here and ability to try out and buy sell multiple items I never would hav head otherwise.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
What if the store allowed you to sell anything you wanted but they also got 3% of the sell? Would that bring people back or deter them

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I figured this was just a piss and moan thread but now i can see you are really upset. I just want you to know that i too care more about joker being banned than you wanting to sell your Vinci and Anderson junk here. What's a bigger **** you than to not even respond lol.
We've all identified the "real problems"
tHIS IS YOUR OPINION, THATS OK BUT A LITTLE RESPECK WOULD BE NICE
- fb competition, it happens
- no niw/nwt sales, get over it
- crybabies/idiots, who cares about the best bat threads. I'm talking about the simplest of things. Name and date in pics, pics at all sometimes, uniformed comments or info, etc.

Not one of the problems here is you working with sbf.
" your opinion, but the lack of a response is the real issue

I think the store used to sell Vinci so that might be a factor. Did you call the store or just send a pm?
this is realy what bothers me. i cant sell them on here and they no longer offer the line. vinci and sbfS once had a good relationship that was mutually benificial

What if the store allowed you to sell anything you wanted but they also got 3% of the sell? Would that bring people back or deter them
My suggestion wa that I help them sell them, wheather they stocked them or I pay a fee or a percentage of what sell

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
To explain my position a bit beter, what would you have a forum and ignore direct questions from an updtanding member? A little more involvment in the day to da would really help to increase there sales instead of soending time looking for NIW sales...

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe, and maybe not. I don't work at the store and won't speculate. We've discussed the fee to sell anything proposal, and my biggest problem i see with it is how do you enforce it?

drive805

Addicted to Softballfans
in my opinion.. its all declining because not as many people play and have other things(life) happening, 15/20 years ago the league i play in had over 500 teams and played every nite, except saturdays, with 3 game times. Now there are just over 250 teams, no fridays no saturdays and only 2 game times when playing! The other media things FB and twitter have changed it some for sure. But at this point i don't think there are as many players now as there were in years past! Hope that can and will change, we shall see.

scuderia

Addicted to Softballfans
I think this thread sums up this site/forum perfectly and why it might be failing, if it even ****ing is..., you have the over analyzation of every ****ing fart in the cosmos, a bunch of sissy ***** "I can't be a member of a forum if I get trolled for being a retard" complaining about them and mods trying to rationalize the opinions of dummies. Carryon my wayward sons.

9fcc729ad7e844af5c6a8d39731cfcb8.jpg

AJ22

Super Moderator
I think this thread sums up this site/forum perfectly and why it might be failing, if it even ****ing is..., you have the over analyzation of every ****ing fart in the cosmos, a bunch of sissy ***** "I can't be a member of a forum if I get trolled for being a retard" complaining about them and mods trying to rationalize the opinions of dummies. Carryon my wayward sons.

I agree ... but I also agree with a few others. Strictly opinions tho ...

Just to throw out some numbers (some facts) since the start of this thread 9 days ago:

- Active members has decreased from 17,888 to 17,714.
- Total members has increased from 100,821 to 100,855.
- 34 total new members and only 3 are dupe accounts from what I can see.

Does this mean dupe accounts are less active? Does this mean people are leaving for the Facebook groups?

I feel the less active is coming from the ''other options'' available. Lets face it ... nothing compares to Facebook when it is social related.

I'm even a guy who never buys on Facebook, but I spend countless hours there. Less time for other internet options? I'm guilty of it.

wcoastsoftball

I agree ... but I also agree with a few others. Strictly opinions tho ...

Just to throw out some numbers (some facts) since the start of this thread 9 days ago:

- Active members has decreased from 17,888 to 17,714.
- Total members has increased from 100,821 to 100,855.
- 34 total new members and only 3 are dupe accounts from what I can see.

Does this mean dupe accounts are less active? Does this mean people are leaving for the Facebook groups?

I feel the less active is coming from the ''other options'' available. Lets face it ... nothing compares to Facebook when it is social related.

I'm even a guy who never buys on Facebook, but I spend countless hours there. Less time for other internet options? I'm guilty of it.

I think people just base it off not seeing the old timers here: Gary19, jt2002, Twin, Shep and the like...new breed of members IMO.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I think people just base it off not seeing the old timers here: Gary19, jt2002, Twin, Shep and the like...new breed of members IMO.

Probably true. I mean look at what happened to HebrewHacker. Dude had a baby and got a new job and he's a complete ghost, even on Facebook

blakcherry329

Probably true. I mean look at what happened to HebrewHacker. Dude had a baby and got a new job and he's a complete ghost, even on Facebook

Geez, a blast from the past. Yeah that baby did him in on here. I used to take bp and fill in with him and a few other NJ guys a few years ago. The bats in his car were worth more than the car itself. lol. funtimes.

Life getting in the way is probably the real reason for the decline in most cases.

BassBlaster

Starting Player
See, I think this too, not only PP and google, but if raffles are illegal without a license in Michigan, and other states, how many are based in those states and doing raffles?

They pull it off by not calling it a raffle and giving everyone that enters, something. Even if its as simple as a digital photo that they email you, you paid for it. If everyone involved purchases something and then they randomly generate a number and give away a prize to one of those that purchased a product, is it still a raffle? I don't know the various laws but that's how I see it done daily on the few FB pages I am a member of.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
They pull it off by not calling it a raffle and giving everyone that enters, something. Even if its as simple as a digital photo that they email you, you paid for it. If everyone involved purchases something and then they randomly generate a number and give away a prize to one of those that purchased a product, is it still a raffle? I don't know the various laws but that's how I see it done daily on the few FB pages I am a member of.

That's how they all do it but PP is still sent F&F so they don't have to report any of that as income.....